Anyone else almost wish we lose a few more games to lower expectations?

opa-opa

On 12/8/2022 at 9:45 PM, opa-opa said:

Must be a weird thing to hope for but right now im just worried what the excuses will be if we get the number one seed and dont win the Superbowl. Or heaven forbid not even make it.

It will be hard to come up with an excuse because this is obviously the best roster in the NFL. Plus we have an MVP candidate at QB. What excuses are left if we dont make it? Maybe blame Gannon again?

Because if we cant win the SB with this team, when can we ever win?

If we dont win it all it will prob sting as much the 98 Vikes or 90 Niners for their fans.

See what your negativity did, you brought losses into existence by merely thinking of it happening. kidding, but not kidding.

• Sad 1

On 1/2/2023 at 3:48 AM, opa-opa said:

While these losses sucked, I think they also helped exposed some truths about this team that would be better to find out now than in the middle of a playoff game.

1. The coaching staff isn't very good. Hurts has been hiding their bad play calls with his legs.

2. Hurts IS the system. This team as it is won't work with anyone else at QB. It's too late to change things up. 

3. Minshew sucks and right now if Hurts go down, we're screwed. We need a better backup. Is it too late to pick up someone?

Hurts is a running QB, picks up valuable yards with his legs.

Minshew is not, failing on 4th and 1 in the last game.

Greg Ward Jr was a running QB in college and he was really good.  More people knew who Greg Ward was in college than Minshew, and his college highlights were much more impressive. 

Where could we possibly find another QB that is not Minshew?  Greg Ward Jr.

Tyree Jackson is currently on IR,  but he was good at QB in college,  huge arm,  same 40 as Hurts, 6'7 and 250. 

Teams often plan that they're screwed if the starter is out.  the backup is really only supposed to not be embarrassing,  and barely functional is fine.  Minshew ain't so bad really, but he's definitely worse as a runner and it looks like he's worse at passing as well.  Worse in all respects.   He's not embarrassing.  

Greg Ward and Tyree Jackson might be embarrassing.  But they also might be as good as Hurts or even better at something. 

Additionally,  Britain Covey was a running QB in high school.  Won the state championship twice.  Was undefeated 26-0.  Ran for a lot of yards.   He's on the active roster.   Britain Covey and Cam Jurgens.  

the Eagles have a lot of players who are big and fast and who help the Eagles in the run game. 

If there's an important play, and the plan is to have Sanders pushing Minshew,  that play could work better if Jordan Davis (FB) was pushing Cam Jurgens (QB).  Or any number of the freakbeasts who aren't 200 pounds, but 300+ pounds.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe earlier in the season, but to potentially lose three straight at the most important time of the year where you want to be playing your best football heading into the playoffs doesn't bode well. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Maybe earlier in the season, but to potentially lose three straight at the most important time of the year where you want to be playing your best football heading into the playoffs doesn't bode well. 

The Eagles lost three of their last four games in 1980 and still went to the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

There's a difference between losing a few games, and playing a few games in a lower gear.  With Minshew against N.O. sans LJ and then with Hurts today, the Eagles we saw aren't the same dominant team that was plowing through games in the regular season. 

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, I expect the Eagles to target a monster lineman in the draft to challenge or replace Isaac Seumulo at RG with an eye toward taking over for LJ on spot duty, and then permanent upon his retirement.  Smells of of a big offseason move on the OL.  If not the draft, then in free agency.  But make no mistake about it - this is the biggest priority for the Eagles this offseason and they will address it.

• Like 1

I guess mission accomplished. Eagles only have a 34% chance to make it to the Superbowl according to the experts.

8 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I guess mission accomplished. Eagles only have a 34% chance to make it to the Superbowl according to the experts.

surely thats the same for the chiefs? 

And higher than anyone else in the NFC

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

surely thats the same for the chiefs? 

And higher than anyone else in the NFC

34% when there's 7 teams in the NFC play offs seems OK... I'd imagine everyone else in the conference has a lower % chance. 

• Like 2

I’d rather be going into the playoffs on a high than a limp, but having a week to try and get things right is a good step. I wonder if Sirianni gets someone in here as a motivational speaker like Doug did. Maybe not choose Favre again though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d rather be going into the playoffs on a high than a limp, but having a week to try and get things right is a good step. I wonder if Sirianni gets someone in here as a motivational speaker like Doug did. Maybe not choose Favre again though. 

They brought in farve? I don't recall that. I just know they brought in Kobe Bryant..... Unfortunately can't bring him in again 😭

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They brought in farve? I don't recall that. I just know they brought in Kobe Bryant..... Unfortunately can't bring him in again 😭

In 2017 Doug brought Favre in. I guess it worked. 😂

• Haha 1