Anyone else almost wish we lose a few more games to lower expectations?

opa-opa

10 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Ok how about losing a few more players to injuries instead of losing more games? This way we would have some excuse and someone to blame when we lose.

Because right now this team just looks too good with no real weaknesses (except for not having a bruiser RB)

image.png.beed84d85dd30b2876924e7af8ca7ec9.png

And please turn in your fan card on the way!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Ok how about losing a few more players to injuries instead of losing more games? This way we would have some excuse and someone to blame when we lose.

Because right now this team just looks too good with no real weaknesses (except for not having a bruiser RB)

I’ve heard of fear of failure, but you almost sound like you’re on the verge of fear of success. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’d rather the Eagles were playing meaningless games late in the season that didn’t matter if they won or loss until the playoffs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’ve heard of fear of failure, but you almost sound like you’re on the verge of fear of success. 

Can u really blame me? Thats how the NFL and most American sports are setup. You feel like you failed if you dont win it all. And since this team is so loaded this year it will feel like an even bigger failure or choke if we dont make it.

11 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Can u really blame me? Thats how the NFL and most American sports are setup. You feel like you failed if you dont win it all. And since this team is so loaded this year it will feel like an even bigger failure or choke if we dont make it.

Everyone understands this can come crashing down at any time, but why pull for failure? You seem to want more losses, and then more injuries to have a built in excuse. Like I said originally, enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Not sure what you do for a living, but if your mindset towards your work is what excuse can you come up with when you fail, my guess is you’re going to have a hard time progressing in life

Professionals don’t think about what happens if they fail

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

La respuesta a tu pregunta es que eres un pinche puto pendejo baboso, y tu madre chupa los juevos de los burros.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

None of this logic makes any sense. The goal is winning games, not losing so you don't have to settle for disappointment in the playoffs. That is fear, anxiety and losing mentality. 

As fans it is entertainment for us. The coaches & players have the pressure to perform and to win. Fans should not have fear or anxiety about a game we watch for entertainment. You don't go to a movie or restaurant hoping it's bad so you're not let down. You need to view hobbies & entertainment as positive things to enjoy. Life has enough things to worry about. Things that matter, things you have control over, your work/school, goals, family, friends, etc. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ed Beans said:

La respuesta a tu pregunta es que eres un pinche puto pendejo baboso, y tu madre chupa los juevos de los burros.

@hputenis likes being talked dirty to in Spanish 

• Haha 1

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

@hputenis likes being talked dirty to in Spanish 

I bet you wish griner was a female

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I think I posted that at like 3 am.  Drunk as a skunk ladies!!  

yeah it would have been just as funny with brand new anal beads. "used" was just gratuitous 

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I think I posted that at like 3 am.  Drunk as a skunk ladies!!  

flounder-animal-house-dean-vernon-wormer.gif

To the OP:

My deepest condolences on your not loss.  Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family to find the strength to get through this difficult time together.  

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

You’ve gotten your wish. Congrats 👍

While these losses sucked, I think they also helped exposed some truths about this team that would be better to find out now than in the middle of a playoff game.

1. The coaching staff isn't very good. Hurts has been hiding their bad play calls with his legs.

2. Hurts IS the system. This team as it is won't work with anyone else at QB. It's too late to change things up. 

3. Minshew sucks and right now if Hurts go down, we're screwed. We need a better backup. Is it too late to pick up someone?

• Haha 1