At This Point Who Scares You?

EazyEaglez

4 hours ago, proveagle said:

I am only scared of injuries and the Eagles beating themselves.  That's it.

That’s why it would be good to see them lock this thing up by Christmas Eve. 

By the way, at the moment Dallass' starting right tackle is Jason Peters, their starter popped his ACL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

By the way, at the moment Dallass' starting right tackle is Jason Peters, their starter popped his ACL.

Although sadly it seems that Smith is back soon which will mean they will probably shift their rookie over to RT.

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Although sadly it seems that Smith is back soon which will mean they will probably shift their rookie over to RT.

Smith has played 13 games since Mike McCarthy became their coach 46 games ago and hasn't taken a single snap since August, it would be good for us if they reorganise their entire line to fit him in for our game.

• Like 1

The Commanders showed everybody what you have to do to beat the Eagles:  Play stingy on defense. Run the ball at 3-4 yards per clip to eat up time of possession so the Eagles can't get going on offense. Keep the game close so a few turnovers can turn the tide. A shifty, running QB that can evade the Eagles defense and extend drives helps.

So anybody that can do that. 49ers are really good on defense and have the personnel hold onto the ball, although injuries are starting to wear them down. I hate to say it, but the Cowboys too. Pretty good D, and double-team Zeke + Pollard at running back. In the AFC, the Bills are built this way. And I'll add one more team, the Chiefs. Only because the offense is so good. Mahomes to Kelce is unbeatable. They turn the game into a track meet and dare you to keep up. That's it, that's the list.

Not so much that any of them scare me. But I think they have a fighting chance against the Eagles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Game 3 vs Dallas... Especially if we clean their clock on Christmas eve. It's hard to beat good teams 2x per year, let alone a 3rd time. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Game 3 vs Dallas... Especially if we clean their clock on Christmas eve. It's hard to beat good teams 2x per year, let alone a 3rd time. 

They did it to us before. In fact that was McNabb’s last game. If we beat them in their home I think we take their hearts.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They did it to us before. In fact that was McNabb’s last game. If we beat them in their home I think we take their hearts.

Yup. Remember that vividly. Jackson the center was hurt and was replaced by a scrub. McNabb had happy feet and could not do anything. I think that's the game where he had came out playing the air guitar. Lol. Good times

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Yup. Remember that vividly. Jackson the center was hurt and was replaced by a scrub. McNabb had happy feet and could not do anything. I think that's the game where he had came out playing the air guitar. Lol. Good times

It was the air guitar game. We lost to them I believe the final game at home and had to play them the following week in Dallas. One of the few playoff wins in the last 20 years for that squad was against the Eagles. 

• Sad 3

I think the most dangerous team in the NFC right now is San Francisco. They've battled through a lot of injuries and are on their 3rd string QB, but they have a really tough defense and they just find a way to win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It was the air guitar game. We lost to them I believe the final game at home and had to play them the following week in Dallas. One of the few playoff wins in the last 20 years for that squad was against the Eagles. 

It's like he was having some sort of manic episode.

mcnabb-dance.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yup.  We laid a goose egg in the final game.  Actually it was their first playoff win in the new millennium( first after 1996).  Sucks it came against the Eagles.  Only silver lining was that they got hammered next game by the Farve led Vikes by some 30 odd points. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, manz2821 said:

Yup.  We laid a goose egg in the final game.  Actually it was their first playoff win in the new millennium( first after 1996).  Sucks it came against the Eagles.  Only silver lining was that they got hammered next game by the Farve led Vikes by some 30 odd points. 🙂

Cowboys gonna Cowboy. 😂

• Haha 1

No team scares me. If the Eagles start smelling themselves- THAT scares me. I think they have the leadership not to do that, though.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 5:03 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

mcnabb-dance.gif

ad8a0fc2bf4fcaa4a3a68ead09e2b2b6.png

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:03 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

mcnabb-dance.gif

It was like Desean was trying to groove with him and then he went completely off the rails. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

On 12/11/2022 at 5:45 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Is there any team left that really makes you think they can stop the Eagles? Any one left that gives you true worry? Is it the 49ers on their third quarterback? How bout dem Cowboys? The Bills and all of their hype? How about Reid, Mahomes, and the Chiefs? Also which team/story would you want to see in the Super Bowl? Tua vs Hurts? Reid s the Eagles? McDermott and the Bills vs the Eagles? 

Teams that I think will be a huge challenge to the Eagles are the Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills, Cincy Bengals, and in the NFC teams of slight concern are Vikings, 49ers, and Cowboys.

Good point. We have to remember we havent faced any elite QBs so far this year except for Rodgers. And he scored 33 pts against us.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Good point. We have to remember we havent faced any elite QBs so far this year except for Rodgers. And he scored 33 pts against us.

Depending on who you ask Cousins is also a very good quarterback, and Jefferson is considered an elite receiver. 

3 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

Teams that I think will be a huge challenge to the Eagles are the Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills, Cincy Bengals, and in the NFC teams of slight concern are Vikings, 49ers, and Cowboys.

Playoff level teams should be challenging for sure, but nothing to really fear. All of those teams have more losses than the Eagles. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 4:09 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

They better have a 4th quarter right tackle lined up.  Starting Peters is the offensive line equivalent of going with a bullpen game in baseball.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 12:42 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Both games were in Dallas. Whoever won the Week 17 game would win the division and host the other in the wild card round. We got curb stomped in both.

I think our only TD in the playoff game was Vick to Maclin for 75 yards.

• Like 2