2023 Schedule - Confirmed

Connecticut Eagle

Yes, we still have work to do this year.  But....

Home - Dal, NYG, Was | Ari, SF | Min | Buf, Mia
   Away - Dal, NYG, Was | LAR, Sea | TB | NE, NYJ | KC

Min, TB, and KC would be our first place counterparts.  11 of the 17 games are against teams in the playoffs. 

Aside from KC, our most difficult non-divisional games appear to be at home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Other than KC, the away schedule is a cakewalk, but we all know how the NFL works year to year, so who knows.

Glad we have SF, BUF, MIN, and MIA at home instead of away.

• Like 1

Sign me up for that TB game. My brother is a Bucs season ticket holder.

His drunkard fiance can sit that one out 🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Just introduce her to @olsilverhair. She’ll leave on her own 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not much more different in difficulty than having to play Min, GB (who was #1 seed last year), Ten (#1 AFC seed), and Arizona this year IMHO.

• Like 1

Looks like a tough schedule. But things can change in the blink of an eye in the NFL. No one thought the Eagles would be 13-1 at this point in the season but here we are.

• Like 1

Too early to say how good any of those teams are, but basing it on this year… I don’t see how that is so tough? Buffalo, Miami, SF and KC are the only games that look particularly tough to me right now, aside from the divisional games which they play every year anyway.  And the only one of those that is on the road is KC. 

11 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Pics of fiance?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Feels like we always play KC in KC.

Dude, we played the Chiefs at home LAST YEAR.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If that's not a tough schedule, then the whole NFL just sucks.  BUF, KC, DAL, SF, MIA are 5 of the 6 best non Eagle teams in the NFL.  Winning the SB this year is likely going to require DAL --> SF --> BUF/KC.  And you've got that plus the best of the rest of the AFC in the regular season next year.

TB will probably be the biggest doormat on the list, with NE/NYJ/LAR/SEA potentially not being total pushovers.

Who knows how tough it'll be. We looked at our schedule this time last year and it looked potentially quite challenging and yet here we are. And even then teams who we thought would be fairly easy weren't and teams we thought would be a real challenge haven't been. 

22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Dude, we played the Chiefs at home LAST YEAR.

Then it really must feel like we always play them in KC if a recent home game can't change the feeling.

So we get the so called easy schedule for 2022 and then get this one for 2023. Schedule makers are evil lol

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

So we get the so called easy schedule for 2022 and then get this one for 2023. Schedule makers are evil lol

All the "schedule makers” do is determine when the games are played. Opponents are pre-set

14 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

a-cartoon-witch-flying-on-a-broomstick-EX1RCH.jpg

C'mon man. Get her drunk and take a few pics :-)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Then it really must feel like we always play them in KC if a recent home game can't change the feeling.

Yeah it does. 😂 I blacked that debacle out. 

16 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Min, TB, and KC would be our first place counterparts.

15 our of the 17 games are against teams currently in the playoffs or in contention.  (Only exceptions are Arizona and LA Rams.)

Some playoff teams change from year to year.  No one thought the entire NFCE would be in playoff contention this year.  People feared playing the Titans, thought Henry was going to run all over us.  We dominated them.  Feared Justin Jefferson, beat the Vikings and he went 6 catches for 48 and no TD.  The Lions are a bubble playoff team right now that wasn't expected.  The Seahawks with Geno Smith at QB are as well, who would have thought that.  The Rams won the SB and now have 4 wins.  Things change from season to season.

Having said that, it is a bit of a tougher schedule because of Chiefs and Bills which will be great to see how the Eagles perform against 2 of the best AFC Teams.  One of them might be a Super Bowl rematch.  The Eagles team will look different next year as well with a lot of pending free agents to decide, but also 2 first round picks with opportunity to add talent.  I wouldn't expect a one loss season like this but if they retain enough players they will be a contender again.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Updated first post.

On 12/19/2022 at 11:14 PM, Connecticut Eagle said:

Min, TB, and KC would be our first place counterparts.  11 of the 17 games are against teams in the playoffs. 

Aside from KC, our most difficult non-divisional games appear to be at home.

If the Chiefs win it all I suspect we open in KC that Thursday night.

If the Eagles win it all I suspect we'd open with the Dolphins at home, saving some of the other opponents for national TV games during the year.

Also suspect Eagles could be in Foxboro on Thanksgiving Night so Amazon Prime gets Cowboys-Eagles here the following Thursday. 

4 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

If the Chiefs win it all I suspect we open in KC that Thursday night.

If the Eagles win it all I suspect we'd open with the Dolphins at home, saving some of the other opponents for national TV games during the year.

Also suspect Eagles could be in Foxboro on Thanksgiving Night so Amazon Prime gets Cowboys-Eagles here the following Thursday. 

I suspect none of this will happen.

6 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

If the Eagles win it all I suspect we'd open with the Dolphins at home

No.