Are Eagles fans the most paranoid, insecure bunch?

opa-opa

If you've been listening to the 49ers fans, they already are proclaiming Brock Purdy will be the Superbowl MVP. Their fans and everyone associated with them ooze (misguided?)confidence. You can see this in their social media, radio shows, etc...

But if you look at the Negadelphia fans it's the exact opposite...I've never seen a more scared, insecure 13-1 team in my life. Even though both on paper and on the field, they've proven to be the best team in the NFL. Heck even Cowboys fans talk a lot more smack than us and we have a better record.

Is it just because other teams have been more successful(historically)? 49ers won 5 Superbowls so they have this inner confidence that anything is possible. On the other hand Eagles have won 1, and even that one feels like "we just got lucky"?

Rewind to 2017, Wentz blows out his knee... I was immediately saying that Nick would lead us to the promised land. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

You tell us, you are the one that thought we should lose some games to tone down the hype or get some injured players so we have an excuse for losing. Speak for yourself

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Nah, it's just TATE. It's an echo chambers of partisanship and negativity. Go to social media, reddit, your local sports bar etc. and people are over the moon about anything and everything about our current Eagles.

Best roster in the NFL, MVP level young QB, best lines in the league, 2 star WRs, COY HC, Exec of they year GM, and 2 1st round picks going forward. F else can you want up to this point.

• Like 2

There is only 1 great team this year and its the Eagles and they will be at home for the playoffs. So far they look a bit like the 1984 49ers. 15-1 with the refs giving Pittsburgh the 1 on a bogus penalty in the end zone. Great teams can still lose, its football, but I love their chances.

This is not to say Buffalo was not also a great team but they lost Miller and Hyde. (I considered them #1 at the start of the season)

KC is a great offense and set up to win Mahomes the OPOY award, but their D can't hang with Buffalo or Philly. (possibly not Cincy either)

There is no team close to Philly in the NFC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You tell us, you are the one that thought we should lose some games to tone down the hype or get some injured players so we have an excuse for losing. Speak for yourself

Screenshot_20221223_195325.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195428.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195413.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195351.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195337.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

I’m skeptical that we win this game without Hurts. I’ll be happy if I’m wrong, tho. There’s a contingent on this board that thinks anybody can perform like Hurts on this team, but they’re clueless. Minshew is decent, however, so I’m certainly not saying we don’t have a chance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vaff said:

I’m skeptical that we win this game without Hurts. I’ll be happy if I’m wrong, tho. There’s a contingent on this board that thinks anybody can perform like Hurts on this team, but they’re clueless. Minshew is decent, however, so I’m certainly not saying we don’t have a chance.

I highly doubt any fan thinks Minshew can perform like Hurts. He just doesn't need to suck. We don't need him to be as good as Hurts in any of the games remaining. Protect the ball, let your playmakers do the work for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Rewind to 2017, Wentz blows out his knee... I was immediately saying that Nick would lead us to the promised land. 

And dragging that out of another poster

31 minutes ago, vaff said:

Not clueless.  Minshew is better than several starters, and we have the best team in the NFL.

Minshew will honor Mike Leach with a thrashing of the Cowboys.

Maybe a bit negative sometimes but at 13-1 with a chance to dance, gotta love it.  If we can beat Dallas with the Stache, then it’s time for a little more eggnog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vaff said:

If this was the Dallas team from a month ago that smoked MIN, I would say yeah, we are F'ed without Hurts. But this isn't that team. DAL should have lost to HOU and were just stunned by JAX, they are a team teetering on the edge, one loss away from the bottom falling out.

I think we win this game and make it look easy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miami said:

Maybe a bit negative sometimes but at 13-1 with a chance to dance, gotta love it.  If we can beat Dallas with the Stache, then it’s time for a little more eggnog.

Is that you Denzel Washington? 

I'm not paranoid. who the F told you that? They are always talking about me, I hear them, the voices

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Is it just because other teams have been more successful(historically)? 49ers won 5 Superbowls so they have this inner confidence that anything is possible. On the other hand Eagles have won 1, and even that one feels like "we just got lucky"?

Yes I think this is a part of it. It's a bit like in soccer, Manchester City fans now really expect glory even when things aren't going their way. United fans for a long time were the same. With success comes that expectation. 

If you rewind to 2018 most of us were very confident that this team was set up for a few years of potential dominance. I'm sure if we win it again this year it'll be the same. 

The Niners have a history of success plus in recent years they've played in some big games like the SB and NFCCG.

• Like 1

You have no idea what it’s like on the other side….

Threads just on the front page of the Cowboys message board:

2021 draft is a bust (Micah Parsons, not kidding)

Hypocritical? Dak or Romo Fans

You can’t always get what you want (acceptance that Dak will be Cowboys’ future)

Look on the bright side, Jags loss doesn’t look so bad now (because the third team they lost to with a losing record is at least winning their division?)

Would you choose one and done to get Sean Payton (sounds like an ESP question)

I’m Happy Dak got Paid (probably the most vitriolic thread there right now)

A Surprising weakness for the Cowboys

I hope the Packers make the playoffs

• Haha 1

Personally (and I'll bet others feel the same) I am not "scared" ... I am more cautiously optimistic.  After watching the team advance to the NFCCG several times during the early years of Reid (2001-2004, 2006) and being favorites in a few of them only to watch them lose (2004 being the exception) and not end up with a championship in any of those years kinda instilled that permanent sense of caution when it comes to expectations.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Is that you Denzel Washington? 

Sorry?  Way off.  Eagles fan here.  Happen to think Stache is pretty good and may beat the Cowboys.

• Like 1