Are Eagles fans the most paranoid, insecure bunch?

opa-opa

I’m worried about this Dallas game but they should be able to win 1 out of the last 3. Or at least they better.

To the original question:

No, they are not.  Eagles fans have just been let down so many time over 5+ decades that there is an expectation of bad things to come. 2017 was a salve on a tumor. the Eagles need to rip off a handful of SB wins over a 10 year period to counter all of that prior trauma.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 6:30 PM, PoconoDon said:

To the original question:

No, they are not.  Eagles fans have just been let down so many time over 5+ decades that there is an expectation of bad things to come. 2017 was a salve on a tumor. the Eagles need to rip off a handful of SB wins over a 10 year period to counter all of that prior trauma.

So true. People wonder why I’m negative about this team. It’s because I’ve seen this before. And so far my concerns have been validated these past couple weeks.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

So true. People wonder why I’m negative about this team. It’s because I’ve seen this before. And so far my concerns have been validated these past couple weeks.

I mean I get you might be frustrated over what’s happened from the past two weeks, but how have you seen any of this before? The Eagles just two weeks ago had one loss. They’re one win away from home field through the playoffs, and the best regular season record in franchise history. This team has broken franchise records for a season already. They have made NFL history. People are acting like Gannon’s defense got dominated yesterday and they gave up 13 points. I saw a team that wasn’t good enough because their quarterback wasn’t good enough and that shouldn’t be much of a surprise because he’s a backup. Regardless they’re still in the playoffs and they have put themselves in a position to still control their own destiny. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I mean I get you might be frustrated over what’s happened from the past two weeks, but how have you seen any of this before? The Eagles just two weeks ago had one loss. They’re one win away from home field through the playoffs, and the best regular season record in franchise history. This team has broken franchise records for a season already. They have made NFL history. People are acting like Gannon’s defense got dominated yesterday and they gave up 13 points. I saw a team that wasn’t good enough because their quarterback wasn’t good enough and that shouldn’t be much of a surprise because he’s a backup. Regardless they’re still in the playoffs and they have put themselves in a position to still control their own destiny. 

They’ve had moments where they could clinch something and come out and lay absolute duds.

• Like 1

This is fine, as we drink our coffee with flames all around us is how most Eagles fans feel after watching two back to back losses combined not only with the fact that the Eagles simply needed one win to seal the first seed and win the division but to lose to the Saints. A team eliminated from the playoffs (though they didn't know that at the time they played the Eagles) and a team that by defeating them only gives the Eagles a better draft pick in the upcoming draft.

That being said, Jalen Hurts MVP to the rescue hopefully sealing the hard work he and the team had performed all season by defeating the NY Giants to win the NFC East! 

Is it a conspiracy theory to think that the NFL decided not to get any more INTs since C.J. Gardner-Johnson is injured still ties the league with INT at 6!

• Like 1

It depends on many factors, but in general most Philly fans are a paranoid and insecure bunch. The age of a fan is a huge factor as they’ve experienced more heartbreak than success. The epic losses and "what could have been” seasons. They remember the long droughts and futility, the terrible coaches and comic-like players. They watched teams in other major markets succeed while the fourth largest sports market comes up short year after year. They absorb all the historic negative statistics their teams accumulate.
And yet through all this negativity they remain loyal; totally devoted to their teams year after year knowing no matter how good or bad it is, we will still somehow Eff it up in the end. After all, being negative means you can never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised when you’re wrong. Its a win-win. 

I’m a Negadelphian and I approve this message.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anything bad about Philly fans ONLY is pure NY media BS. All fan bases are cross sections of humanity with the good and bad. So no, we are not more paranoid than any other fans. If you say Philly fans eat horse poop (one guy) then you can also say Wisconsin bros eat people (one guy)

Not being overly optimistic about winning a title in a town that is 0-6 (Flyers) 1-3 (Sixers) 2-3 (Phillies) and 1-2 (Eagles) for 4-14 in the finals since the Flyers went back to back in the mid 70s is not paranoid, Its normal rational behavior.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They’ve had moments where they could clinch something and come out and lay absolute duds.

Let’s see what happens when Jalen’s out there again. 

Also don't think you're able to accurately gauge the mood of entire fan bases by just reading this message board and social media in general.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 8:55 PM, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20221223_195325.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195428.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195413.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195351.jpg

Screenshot_20221223_195337.jpg

Your ability to recap this stuff is unparalleled. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Eagles fans earned the right to get uptight. But you know what? They ALWAYS hang in there and never go hide their heads under the sheets. Eagles fans are tough, and they demand their  teams be tough as well.

• Like 1

Seriously doesn’t take long for some to jump right into paranoid. 😂🤣😂 Respone by some after how people felt about facing the Vagiants. Glad some people set him straight. 

3D034667-9291-4B41-B5F5-5714E8045A08.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

We will DOMINATE the Gnats...

I think

I never believe anything with this team until I see it 😂