Denzel Mims, WR Baylor - drafted by Jets

Ialone

He seems a little mentally fragile, but he is a hell of a talent. I do think it's being overblown some, but I have pause that he was "scared" to be in Philly. Want no part of him at 21, but a trade down to snag him? Sure.

4 minutes ago, JSEagle said:

He seems a little mentally fragile, but he is a hell of a talent. I do think it's being overblown some, but I have pause that he was "scared" to be in Philly. Want no part of him at 21, but a trade down to snag him? Sure.

Exactly the way I feel.

I eval players pre combine. I dont let the combine change my view on a player. The combine etc is fun to watch, its good to kill time till the draft but it does not change the projections for me. He was a 2nd/3rd round talent pre combine. Now could it move him into the late first, sure, ok I will bite. But I don't think hes 21 talent. Id rather take a bunch of others over him or trade back at that point. 

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Exactly the way I feel.

I eval players pre combine. I dont let the combine change my view on a player. The combine etc is fun to watch, its good to kill time till the draft but it does not change the projections for me. He was a 2nd/3rd round talent pre combine. Now could it move him into the late first, sure, ok I will bite. But I don't think hes 21 talent. Id rather take a bunch of others over him or trade back at that point. 

Say we trade back to...28 (random number) and pick up like a third. Mims is there, do you pull the trigger? I might, but Higgins is probably sitting there as well.

I don't see him being scared of a city as a big deal...if you grow up in a small rural community despite the belief not everyone is instantly drawn to city life. I went from a small farming town to a city and yeah I must admit i was a bit scared at first but grew to love it. If he has the talent then he deserves to be picked not gonna let something stupid like that put me off. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Walkdawalk said:

I don't see him being scared of a city as a big deal...if you grow up in a small rural community despite the belief not everyone is instantly drawn to city life. I went from a small farming town to a city and yeah I must admit i was a bit scared at first but grew to love it. If he has the talent then he deserves to be picked not gonna let something stupid like that put me off. 

I actually LOVE that he felt the way he did... keep him humble and well grounded. Coming from a smaller town, city life is much different. 

• Like 1

I’m a fan of this prospect, would be glorious if we got him in the second AND one to the premier guys in the first

Mike Lombardi said today that many teams love Mims. "Mims in the 1st round” is one of his favorite betting props.

He was Baylor’s go-to guy whenever they needed a play. If the Eagles do go WR, this is who I hope they get. I like him a lot more than Jefferson.

EDIT: I just read that "scary people” nonsense. Now I’m not so sure.

I'm sure he's regretting those comments big time. Makes him look like a pansy. He doesn't seem to play scared when it comes to physicality tho. He's a young kid from a small town, and guessing he hasn't been exposed to many environments. I'm good with him at 21. 

9 hours ago, Ialone said:

I actually LOVE that he felt the way he did... keep him humble and well grounded. Coming from a smaller town, city life is much different. 

Eh... you stole my guy! Great post by the way :D

I'm 100% against taking him in the 1st rd. I'll flip ish

21 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I wouldn't be too disappointed but he certainly wouldn't be my pick.

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

If its a trade back to the 28-32 range, Id be ok with it. But Id be disappointed if hes the 21st pick. 

In the end Howie and the Eagles never stay with there pick. They always trade back or trade up. expecting the same tomorrow so I don't see us at pick 21. 

13 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

If its a trade back to the 28-32 range, Id be ok with it. But Id be disappointed if hes the 21st pick. 

In the end Howie and the Eagles never stay with there pick. They always trade back or trade up. expecting the same tomorrow so I don't see us at pick 21. 

Don’t want to get my hopes up, but my gut tells me Howie pulls off a trade up to land either Jeudy or Lamb. I prefer Lamb but have no clue who the Eagles would prefer. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

I’ve been thinking about this. Would you think TRADE BACK is favored over PICK AT 21. They only problem is that I don’t see any real reason for someone from 23-32 to trade up.

2 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’ve been thinking about this. Would you think TRADE BACK is favored over PICK AT 21. They only problem is that I don’t see any real reason for someone from 23-32 to trade up.

Well thats the draft, you never know who slips and if someone is in love with a player. Could you see a team later in the round move up a ahead of NO to draft the QB Jordan Love? very possible. Never know what can happen, who slips, whos in love etc. 

35 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Apparently there are a lot of WR needy teams after our pick at #21, so if a team has a strong preference for the last guy in a tier they may make the jump.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Don’t want to get my hopes up, but my gut tells me Howie pulls off a trade up to land either Jeudy or Lamb. I prefer Lamb but have no clue who the Eagles would prefer. 

Watch Howie trade up for Jefferson while Jeudy and/or Lamb are still available.  :o

Howie will trade up into top 10 to draft Mims over Lamb and Jeudy

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Howie will trade up into top 10 to draft Mims over Lamb and Jeudy

lol... now that would suck

1 hour ago, judunno said:

lol... now that would suck

Lmao ya and I am not ruling that out as a possibility

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lmao ya and I am not ruling that out as a possibility

If they do that then they cant go Mims, Gibson, Duvernay for the first 3 picks 😞

39 minutes ago, judunno said:

If they do that then they cant go Mims, Gibson, Duvernay for the first 3 picks 😞

All that Speeeddzzzzzzz...

Waylon's Kit Tele | Telecaster Guitar Forum

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I’m starting to think he’s our guy. Just a gut feeling. 

Interesting. I'm not sure he will be but then I wouldn't be shocked if he was either.