Denzel Mims, WR Baylor - drafted by Jets

Ialone

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Interesting. I'm not sure he will be but then I wouldn't be shocked if he was either. 

Just all of his measurables scream a Howie pick to me. Not the guy I’d go after but my gut is leaning this way. 

• Like 1

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Just all of his measurables scream a Howie pick to me. Not the guy I’d go after but my gut is leaning this way. 

If that was the case we would have drafted DK last year. 

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Good point. 

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

Good point. 

But perhaps it's that lesson that Howie is trying to learn from this year?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But perhaps it's that lesson that Howie is trying to learn from this year?

I think Howie made the right choice not drafting DK. I think DK was put in the perfect situation/team/QB. Most of the other teams he would not have had the success as he did in Seattle. Im a believer a player only thrives in the scheme/system matched for him. Philly was not a match for DK. 

Now I wanted AJ Brown in the 2nd but Titans were smart enough to snag him a few picks before our second second rounder. Brown would have been our young Golden Tate who was another player that was a perfect match for our system we let walk. 

Not saying Mims is DK. They are different style players. Just the combine drooling is similar. 

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

YES. Howie goes fit, or what he feels fills a role rather than raw talent or physical gifts. 

Mims in the 2nd adds more speed and is 6'3" opposite Reagor. That'd be 2 speedsters. Duvernay in the 3rd adds more speed in the slot. 

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Mims in the 2nd adds more speed and is 6'3" opposite Reagor. That'd be 2 speedsters. Duvernay in the 3rd adds more speed in the slot. 

Surprised that Aiyuk went in the 1st. Guess I had the wrong guy shooting up the boards.

Just now, judunno said:

Surprised that Aiyuk went in the 1st. Guess I had the wrong guy shooting up the boards.

Surprised the hell out of me. I'd take Mims over Aiyuk. 

4 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

You know we do need more than WRs in the draft right 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Yeah. I thought he'd go much, much later.

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

Surprised the hell out of me. I'd take Mims over Aiyuk. 

No we don't.:roll:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Yeah. I thought he'd go much, much later.

No we don't.:roll:

Draft 5 WRs... we'll get 1 right.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Honestly, I want the Eagles to get 1 guy at each of the 3 starting positions who can play football and moving to get won't cost too much. I believe the two guys are Mims and Duvernay. Might have to trade up some for both of them, but those trades shouldn't cost a king's ransom.

That meets the team's needs at WR. After those 3 spots are filled, look to IOL, DL, LB, & S for any prospects that might be good value for depth.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Honestly, I want the Eagles to get 1 guy at each of the 3 starting positions who can play football and moving to get won't cost too much. I believe the two guys are Mims and Duvernay. Might have to trade up some for both of them, but those trades shouldn't cost a king's ransom.

That meets the team's needs at WR. After those 3 spots are filled, look to IOL, DL, LB, & S for any prospects that might be good value for depth.

At this point I don't love to get McKinney. He didn't go right? Had him in my top 20. Get Duvernay, Tyler Johnson, or Gabriel Davis later and I'll be happy. Just need a LB maybe bring back Bradham. 

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

At this point I don't love to get McKinney. He didn't go right? Had him in my top 20. Get Duvernay, Tyler Johnson, or Gabriel Davis later and I'll be happy. Just need a LB maybe bring back Bradham. 

He's still there for the taking. 

I just expect Alshon to not come back until December, if at all and for DJax to get hurt and miss games again this year...like every year.

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Duvernay feels very similar to Reagor though at this point. Would like to see them go after a bigger guy with athleticism, Mims type. Need a RB too. Gibson would be ideal since you can split him out.

He’s still available... if he last until 53, pull the trigger. Or move try to move up a few spots if he gets into the mid 40s. Could have the Reagor/Mims duo for Wentz prime years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

He’s still available... if he last until 53, pull the trigger. Or move try to move up a few spots if he gets into the mid 40s. Could have the Reagor/Mims duo for Wentz prime years. 

Reagor, Mims, Gibson.... lets goooooo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, judunno said:

Duvernay feels very similar to Reagor though at this point. Would like to see them go after a bigger guy with athleticism, Mims type. Need a RB too. Gibson would be ideal since you can split him out.

They are similar and a little interchangeable but I view that as a good thing. Next up however, should be the Alshon clone. Among the taller guys, Mims seems like a good choice to me. 

• Like 1

I would like Mims in the second. Not sure we need a Gibson. We have Sanders and Scott to fill that role. I would like to get a big body back instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KillerDawk20 said:

I would like Mims in the second. Not sure we need a Gibson. We have Sanders and Scott to fill that role. I would like to get a big body back instead.

i like AJ Dillon later. Hopefully he's there late 4th. Probably won't be, but I can hope.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KillerDawk20 said:

6'0" 228lbs 4.39... Really not big enough?

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

6'0" 228lbs 4.39... Really not big enough?

Isn't he more of a WR prospect though? 

I think if we are going after Mims there would be more of a point to get a true big running back, not tweener. 

Just now, KillerDawk20 said:

Isn't he more of a WR prospect though? 

I think if we are going after Mims there would be more of a point to get a true big running back, not tweener. 

RB, WR... If teams have their say these roles look more and more similar anyways. Tweeners on both offense and defense is the future! 😄

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

i like AJ Dillon later. Hopefully he's there late 4th. Probably won't be, but I can hope.

Yea would be ecstatic w Dillon as well