Week 17 Discussion

GroundAttack

Just looked up the hit, to see how hard it was. Very surprising that it wasn't a bit harder (looking) than it seems to have been. But if he has an issue with his heart that was unknown, I guess that could do it. Also, they're saying that a hit like that, at the exact wrong time (of heartbeats) could do it too. Kind of a freak thing. 

But this also makes me think back to Jon Dorenbos, and how they discovered his heart issues and that if he'd taken a 'wrong' hit, this could have happened to him. So I'm wondering if this player might have a similar issue. 

Good thing for twitter, regular media updates are really slow

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just looked up the hit, to see how hard it was. Very surprising that it wasn't a bit harder (looking) than it seems to have been. But if he has an issue with his heart that was unknown, I guess that could do it. Also, they're saying that a hit like that, at the exact wrong time (of heartbeats) could do it too. Kind of a freak thing. 

But this also makes me think back to Jon Dorenbos, and how they discovered his heart issues and that if he'd taken a 'wrong' hit, this could have happened to him. So I'm wondering if this player might have a similar issue. 

These guys are not screened for heart issues? they all should be

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

Good thing for twitter, regular media updates are really slow

These guys are not screened for heart issues? they all should be

I'm sure they are, but things can be missed. If they aren't (as a standard test), you can bet they will be from now on. 

Christ, ESPN is garbage, so slow with info, even FOX News has better updates, what a worthless network

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Christ, ESPN is garbage, so slow with info, even FOX News has better updates, what a worthless network

To be fair, the media has a habit of trying to be "first” and getting facts wrong. I’d rather they just be accurate.

1 hour ago, vaff said:

To be fair, the media has a habit of trying to be "first” and getting facts wrong. I’d rather they just be accurate.

True, but watching this for last few hours, FOX News and CNN are just so much better, I guess ESPN has been gutted, i have not watched it in years other for games once in awhile

Archived