Weekly line thread: Eagles -13.5 vs. Giants

Hawkeye

This game should be treated like a playoff game.

If they come out lost and unmotivated then they deserve to be one and done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Why, it makes total sense. 

It makes sense to you guys on that side of the pond. To us in the UK thats 9.25pm.

36 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It makes sense to you guys on that side of the pond. To us in the UK thats 9.25pm.

Its not exactly late though, you'll still get to watch it and be in bed for 12:30 hopefully.

Could be worse - could be the SNF

7 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Its not exactly late though, you'll still get to watch it and be in bed for 12:30 hopefully.

Could be worse - could be the SNF

Yeah but I like to watch it at a bar. And our bars close at around 11 on a Sunday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Fuming would be an understatement.

Yeah the start time sucks for us. 4pm east coast time is 12 midnight for me and I have to wake up at 4:45 to work my daily 12hr shift. I watch all 1pm games till completion and when the games are on Sunday/Monday night I get up a little early to watch. 4pm games fall in the middle and I just can't do it.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 6:13 PM, opa-opa said:

This game should be treated like a playoff game.

If they come out lost and unmotivated then they deserve to be one and done.

Giants have nothing to play for. They will be resting their starters. Hence Eagles with Hurts are 2 touchdown favorites. Eagles will win this game, and the only thing that concerns me are injuries.

• Like 1

Vegas was the first to respond to Jalen first being injured so maybe they know more than we think they do. Obviously the Giants have no care about this game and the only thing they care about is coming out healthy. Hopefully the Eagles can go up big early and rest their own starters by the start of the third quarter. 

• Like 1

Leo Williams, Ojulari and Adoree Jackson already declared out for tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll be more. We’re resting anyone with even a minor ailment.

I doubt Barkley and Jones get more than a few reps. Same for the few receivers we have left. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Leo Williams, Ojulari and Adoree Jackson already declared out for tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll be more. We’re resting anyone with even a minor ailment.

I doubt Barkley and Jones get more than a few reps. Same for the few receivers we have left. 

Nervous Eagles fans:

image.png.cd7c9d0b49c16f88a19dac8bf98f759f.png

• Like 3

Giants playing their 3rd string QB. Really hope we go up big early so we can get out guys out as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1

How about choosing to receive if we win the toss? If we let them start with another 8 min drive its going to be a disaster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

How about chooaing to receive if we win the toss? If we let them start with another 8 min drive its going to be a disaster.

If they go on an 8 min drive with their 3rd string quarterback then come playoff time we are in trouble regardless.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, opa-opa said:

How about choosing to receive if we win the toss? If we let them start with another 8 min drive its going to be a disaster.

No doubt but seems par for the course for Gannon's defense (making any mediocre QB look like Montana).    

31 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No doubt but seems par for the course for Gannon's defense (making any mediocre QB look like Montana).    

The last three games they have done a poor job against these quarterbacks. I wonder how much of that is due to Gannon and how much was due to injuries and a decline in talent. CJGJ is better than everyone else we put out there especially Wallace. Maddox too!

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The last three games they have done a poor job against these quarterbacks. I wonder how much of that is due to Gannon and how much was due to injuries and a decline in talent. CJGJ is better than everyone else we put out there especially Wallace. Maddox too!

Were bringing back one player on defense (Quinn doesn't factor in as he has been invisible since being acquired).  Does CJGJ make a difference?  Absolutely.  But that much of a difference??   Gannon had better have a solid scheme ready knowing we need to rattle Webb from the start.  It would also be nice if Slay and Bradberry started playing like a top tandem again.  

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Were bringing back one player on defense (Quinn doesn't factor in as he has been invisible since being acquired).  Does CJGJ make a difference?  Absolutely.  But that much of a difference??   Gannon had better have a solid scheme ready knowing we need to rattle Webb from the start.  It would also be nice if Slay and Bradberry started playing like a top tandem again.  

If Gannon comes out with his soft zone BS and gets lit up by a 3rd string QB, the Linc may implode. 

We got to build a big lead from the get-go and be in the position to sit our starters in the 2nd half. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Birdman said:

If Gannon comes out with his soft zone BS and gets lit up by a 3rd string QB, the Linc may implode. 

We got to build a big lead from the get-go and be in the position to sit our starters in the 2nd half. 

Yeah thats why im saying, why even take the chance of that possibly happening. Just take the ball first and go on a long drive of our own to start the game.