Weekly line thread: Eagles -13.5 vs. Giants

Hawkeye

Vegas seems to think Hurts will be back and have installed the Eagles as a more than two-touchdown favorite over the visiting Giants. The total is a modest 42(ish).  I hate laying double digits to divisional rivals, but the Giants may rest key players, and the Eagles have everything to play for.  Tension is high in Eagles nation.  

Note: kickoff time hasn't been announced yet, but it will be Sunday as the two Saturday games are set.

Line: Eagles -13.58
Total: 42
Moneyline: Eagles -800/Giants +600

Lol did they watch the game last week? No chance they win so easily unless they rest everyone. Which honestly worries me just as much because the guys playing would be rested and playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Vegas thinks Giants are resting starters for at least part of the game. It's the biggest line of the week of any matchup. The Niners are only 13 pt favorites vs the Cardinals.

• Like 1

Everybody calm down

Eagles got this

They only lost twice because they wanted to tease Dallas into thinking they had a chance of winning the NFC East & #1 seed.
They'll defeat the NY Giants and we will all just laugh at the losses looking back at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Lol did they watch the game last week? No chance they win so easily unless they rest everyone. Which honestly worries me just as much because the guys playing would be rested and playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Yes and they saw a terrible QB that will not be playing, which makes a huge difference

Unless they know for sure that Jalen is playing, that line is madness. And yet... Vegas always wins... Eagles we average last week, terrible last night. How that makes them such hot favourites I have no idea

Although Giants have clinched, perhaps they see some players being rested?

2 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Unless they know for sure that Jalen is playing, that line is madness. And yet... Vegas always wins... Eagles we average last week, terrible last night. How that makes them such hot favourites I have no idea

You answered that with the first sentence

• Like 1

Hurts playing.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-news-jalen-hurts-start-week-18-injury-update-shoulder-sprain-giants-nfc-east-first-seed/?utm_source=pv-rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pv-site

"By the end of last week, he was doing better and better... looked functional, threw well, didn't seem to be in a lot of pain... The reason he was held out of this week's game wasn't really because he couldn't play the quarterback position... It's just really if someone landed on him and aggravated that shoulder. He wasn't quite there, but he was really close. Jalen Hurts is expected to go in Week 18, just like he would've been able to go if it was, let's say, a playoff game this past weekend."

19 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Yes and they saw a terrible QB that will not be playing, which makes a huge difference

I mean is Hurts definitely playing? Even then he’s going to be rusty. And you still have the same guys calling plays. If the script again is 30+ pass attempts and only 12 rushing attempts for Sanders that’s not a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That should drop to -6.5 when the Giants play their starters for no explicable reason other than an attempt to avenge a previous loss and to further damage a wounded team.

I mean, what do the Giants lose by not playing their starters? It’s not like they’re going anywhere, so why not?

The old lazy revenge argument. Giants really avenged on thanksgiving that early season loss to the cowboys. What’s next the tired nonsense that it is difficult to beat an opponent twice in a season even though it happens all the time. 

The Giants aren't going to play their starters and keep them in for the full game. I just don't see that happening.

• Like 2

This giants coach  is not the same dope like last year. He will do what’s best for his team. Which most likely is play starters for a few series. So Jerry Jones gets mad, I am sure he really gives a crap

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

This giants coach  is not the same dope like last year. He will do what’s best for his team. Which most likely is play starters for a few series. So Jerry Jones gets mad, I am sure he really gives a crap

Lol. All I could think of is when we traded with Dallas jumping NYG for Smith. Now NYG gonna rest starters and stick it to Dallas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southparkeagles said:

That should drop to -6.5 when the Giants play their starters for no explicable reason other than an attempt to avenge a previous loss and to further damage a wounded team.

I mean, what do the Giants lose by not playing their starters? It’s not like they’re going anywhere, so why not?

Daniel Jones running around play style has to lead to an injury at some point.

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

Daniel Jones running around play style has to lead to an injury at some point.

Exactly.   If Jones or Barkley were to get injured and miss the playoffs,  Dabell would never hear the end of it.

Barkley, being their star RB, will need the rest.    Jones may play a bit early on.  But, I don't see him running around much.    He took a shot at the end of the game yesterday when he probably should have already been on the bench resting.

4 hours ago, Southparkeagles said:

Their starters to injury. This is a franchise that won a SB as a WC. So why not take the only bye you have bc they’re gonna be on the road the whole playoffs. 

1 minute ago, pisceschica said:

Their starters to injury. This is a franchise that won a SB as a WC. So why not take the only bye you have bc they’re gonna be on the road the whole playoffs. 

There’s no shortage of stupidity in the NFL, especially with coaching. I would not be shocked at all if Dabol used his starters. 

• Like 1

Just now, Southparkeagles said:

There’s no shortage of stupidity in the NFL, especially with coaching. I would not be shocked at all if Dabol used his starters. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started the first few series but I would honestly be surprised if they have them play the whole game. 

Just now, pisceschica said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started the first few series but I would honestly be surprised if they have them play the whole game. 

Guess we’ll have to wait and see