Hassan Reddick- DPOY?

Captain F

Only player in the NFL with 14+ Sacks and 5FF. Does he have a shot at DPOY?

• Like 2

Nick Bosa has 1.5 more sacks but 3 less forced fumbles. I think the race is closer than a lot of people think. 

• Like 3

Probably Parsons since he plays for Dallas and had a good season. 

No one will even discuss Reddick because he plays for Philly.

• Like 6

Couldn't care less who wins the individual awards.  Detracts from the big picture.

20 minutes ago, Procus said:

Couldn't care less who wins the individual awards.  Detracts from the big picture.

So, if the best player in the league happens to be on a team that goes 7-10, he shouldn't be recognized as the league MVP?

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

So, if the best player in the league happens to be on a team that goes 7-10, he shouldn't be recognized as the league MVP?

What he is saying that players quests for individual goals distract from team goals of winning a super bowl

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

Don't care one way or the other.  I understand many people do, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

It’s not going to happen. He literally could have better statistical numbers than everyone else and he still will not get the award. PFF doesn’t even rank him the highest defensive player on the Eagles let alone in the league. 

Every year there are deserving people for each individual award. Arguments can be made for each case. Just being considered is an honor. Reddick is right up there with the best this season, no doubt. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Captain F said:

Only player in the NFL with 14+ Sacks and 5FF. Does he have a shot at DPOY?

Reddick has better stats has been just as impactful and eagles have a better record but Bosa is a media darling was a top 1st round pick so I'd guess they'd give it to bosa but Reddick is as deserving as any player in the league fur DPOY💪

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Reddick has better stats has been just as impactful and eagles have a better record but Bosa is a media darling was a top 1st round pick so I'd guess they'd give it to bosa but Reddick is as deserving as any player in the league fur DPOY💪

You neglected one thing with Bosa.

He is doing it for the #2 yardage defense ( 1.2 YPG behind the #1 Eagles ) and the #1 scoring defense ( 4 PPG ahead of the #8 Eagles )

Reddick has had quite a few sacks stolen by teammates this year too. Seems like half of the DT sacks are because Reddick was on the QB’s ass and the QB had to step up in the pocket. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Procus said:

Boom

If Parsons had Reddick's numbers he would win it. Bosa will win it. The only way Reddick gets it is if he has 3 or 4 sacks on Sunday and sets the team record with one of those sacks on a scoop and score TD. Reddick and Bosa have both been awesome (Bosa on QB hits and TFLs) and both are deserving. The media loves the 49ers D. The SF D is overrated as hell (they lead in points allowed and rushing stats, that's it, but they are talked about like the '85 Bears)

BTW, last year a question was asked. Parsons has 13 sacks as a part time rusher. How many would he have as a full time pas rusher?...  also 13.

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If Parsons had Reddick's numbers he would win it. Bosa will win it. The only way Reddick gets it is if he has 3 or 4 sacks on Sunday and sets the team record with one of those sacks on a scoop and score TD. Reddick and Bosa have both been awesome (Bosa on QB hits and TFLs) and both are deserving. The media loves the 49ers D. The SF D is overrated as hell (they lead in points allowed and rushing stats, that's it, but they are talked about like the '85 Bears)

BTW, last year a question was asked. Parsons has 13 sacks as a part time rusher. How many would he have as a full time pas rusher?...  also 13.

Seems like most of the league (especially lately) think the Eagles are basically a fraudulent football team so even if he breaks any records I doubt he still gets it. He could statistically out perform both players and would be lucky to end up 3rd in the voting. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, downundermike said:

You neglected one thing with Bosa.

He is doing it for the #2 yardage defense ( 1.2 YPG behind the #1 Eagles ) and the #1 scoring defense ( 4 PPG ahead of the #8 Eagles )

That's not a huge difference.

I feel like they will go with Parsons because he plays for Dallas and has more name recognition. But Reddick certainly belongs in the discussion. May have 20 sacks right now if he wasn’t being made to play coverage the first two or three weeks. Thanks Gannon 🙄

On 1/5/2023 at 11:30 PM, Captain F said:

does it really matter that much to you, SB wins are all that matters, Hey man my team sux but we had the mvp, and that other team won the SB, see what I mean, you not seeing the big picture pal o mine

I didn't realise Reddick now has 16 sacks on the year. Last time I checked he had like 12. Not bad for a guy who didn't have a sack in his first 3/4 games.

He’s been really good but my guess it goes to Bosa just on name recognition. And cuz he’s white… 

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I didn't realise Reddick now has 16 sacks on the year. Last time I checked he had like 12. Not bad for a guy who didn't have a sack in his first 3/4 games.

He had 1.5 sacks week 3, people act like it was weeks and weeks before he was " used right" . Lions game was about the only game they made him cover to much. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He had 1.5 sacks week 3, people act like it was weeks and weeks before he was " used right" . Lions game was about the only game they made him cover to much. 

Vikings game they had him in coverage early too. The also used him more on the LT side than the RT side back then.