Divisional Playoff Discussion

GroundAttack

The best weekend of playoff football in my mind is the Divisional round.

Down to the final 8.

Saturday: January 21, 2023

Jacksonville @ Kansas City, 4:40 PM. Coming off the 27 point comeback win against the Chargers, the Jags are on the road against the AFC 1 seed, the Chiefs. Doug Pederson against Andy Reid as they go back. Pederson was a quarterback for the Packers and Reid an assistant coach on Mike Holmgren’s staff. It did not stop there, Reid kickstarted Pederson’s coaching career, with Pederson serving as an assistant on his Eagles staff for three years before becoming the Chiefs offensive coordinator after Reid became their head coach. 

New York Giants @ Philadelphia, 8:15 PM. The NFC 1 seed Eagles are home against the Giants. The Eagles are 2-0 against the Giants this year and have had their number of late. Clete Blakeman is the ref for this game and the Eagles are 13-1 when he refs our games. I don't think that is a coincidence at all as I hate talking about the outcome of a game and the refs come into discussion. 

Sunday: January 22, 2023

Cincinnati @ Buffalo, 3:05 PM. With the outcome of what happened in week 17, this time it counts as these 2 meet in the divisional round from Buffalo. Allen is undefeated in the playoffs at Home.

Dallas @ San Francisco, 6:40 PM. Like old times when these 2 meet in the playoffs. The Cowboys defense looked great on Monday night and will have it's hands full against a talented Niners offense. Purdy has still not lost since taking over for Jimmy G. 

22 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

Jacksonville @ Kansas City, 4:40 PM. Coming off the 27 point comeback win against the Chargers, the Jags are on the road against the AFC 1 seed, the Chiefs. Doug Pederson against Andy Reid as they go back. Pederson was a quarterback for the Packers and Reid an assistant coach on Mike Holmgren’s staff. It did not stop there, Reid kickstarted Pederson’s coaching career, with Pederson serving as an assistant on his Eagles staff for three years before becoming the Chiefs offensive coordinator after Reid became their head coach. 

You forgot Doug Pederson started at QB for Andy Reid's first game as a head coach.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Chiefs

Eagles

Bills

49ers

Hmmm I expect some crazy stuff this weekend. You got all home teams/favorites winning?

I'm actually planning to watch all 4 games.  I like the faves in all 4 but you know that won't happen.  I got a gut feeling there will be an upset Saturday.

I can see the Bengals winning.

The Cowboys......maybe.

The Giants.......hopefully GOD NO!

The Jags.......would love to see them win but I seriously doubt it.

21 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Hmmm I expect some crazy stuff this weekend. You got all home teams/favorites winning?

I could see an upset in the 49ers game because I'm not impressed with either. Defenses have taken offenses to the SB and won it for them but I'm just not sure 49ers defense is that great

2 hours ago, pisceschica said:

This is not really a story. Its just capitalism. He offers free furniture if you spend 3k or more and then team X wins. Then he bets on team X to cover his loses. His sales go through the roof and he is set either way.

He got smart with the Astros and bet on them early with better odds and made a ton of money last year.

So glad I don’t have to listen to mahomes presnap cadence, it’s so annoying.  

14 minutes ago, Jsvand12 said:

It’ll be a miracle if Mahome’s doesn’t have a fracture in that ankle.

Looked very similar to jimmy G’s broken foot/ankle.  

3rd and 19. Have them out of FG range and play it conservative and they gain the penalty yardage back to get 3 points. That’s a big FG