I was wrong.

700Level4Life

Jalen Hurts is good. I was wrong. It feels so good to be wrong!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

He didnt throw well today, but as usual he managed the game excellently.

You were blaming him for losing earlier 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

You were blaming him for losing earlier 

We would have lost if we had to rely on his arm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah, he missed AJ Brown on that long pass.  That was bad.

But fact is, he didn't need to throw.  We scored 31 pts on the #1 defense" without passing.  All we did was run, run, run...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

But we can beat teams in more ways than one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

How bad was the wind today at the stadium? I saw the ref’s pants were recalling blowing when he was announcing the penalties. Just wondering if that had anything to do with Hurts being off on the long throws. 

• Like 1

He was definitely off today... He needs to get right... Can't be missing those throws in the Super Bowl... LET'S GO FINISH THIS GUYS! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, opa-opa said:

If my aunt had wheels she would’ve been a bicycle. 

58 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

How bad was the wind today at the stadium? I saw the ref’s pants were recalling blowing when he was announcing the penalties. Just wondering if that had anything to do with Hurts being off on the long throws. 

15 mph to the southwest. 

• Like 1

I’m not making excuses for Hurts. He didn’t throw it well today, but him being out there put the 49ers defense in a position they didn’t want to be in and on top of that he once again didn’t turn the ball over. He didn’t throw it well, but did everything needed to get to the Super Bowl.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not making excuses for Hurts. He didn’t throw it well today, but him being out there put the 49ers defense in a position they didn’t want to be in and on top of that he once again didn’t turn the ball over. He didn’t throw it well, but did everything needed to get to the Super Bowl.

Hurts not throwing WAS the PLAN. 49ers have the best, and the fastest LBs and secondary. High Probability of the turn overs if we attempted to throw the ball early. Everything turned out as planned for US and opposite for the 49ers. The had some bad QB Juju. Jamaican Witch Doctors apparently are Eagle fans too. LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Really? I thought he managed the team OK against the best defense in the NFL.

• Like 3

I was wrong, too. Not about Hurts, though, this offseason I hoped he would improve with more experience. Never expected him to make the leap he did.

I was wrong about Gannon. I hate his style of Defense, I arm-chair QBed him all season. He has that D playing well enough to have a great record all season, and completely dominate the playoffs. Well done, JG! One more game to play, LFG!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Hurts not throwing WAS the PLAN. 49ers have the best, and the fastest LBs and secondary. High Probability of the turn overs if we attempted to throw the ball early. Everything turned out as planned for US and opposite for the 49ers. The had some bad QB Juju. Jamaican Witch Doctors apparently are Eagle fans too. LOL

Hurts had a lot of overthrows in this game. He didn’t look as accurate as he’s been, but it also was the first time he’s threw the ball consecutive weeks without a week of rest. Now he gets a week off, and the conditions for him throwing will be perfect. I expect he should be much better against KC considering they’re also not as good defensively as the 49ers too.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts had a lot of overthrows in this game. He didn’t look as accurate as he’s been, but it also was the first time he’s threw the ball consecutive weeks without a week of rest. Now he gets a week off, and the conditions for him throwing will be perfect. I expect he should be much better against KC considering they’re also not as good defensively as the 49ers too.

Yeah he was off. Not sure if it was the wind or the shoulder. But he managed the offense well and he did have that critical drive in the third to basically seal the game with his legs. 

• Like 2

I'm happy with the win, but we'd have won by a lot more if we still had Riley Cooper. :nonono:

• Haha 3

Hurts was a mixed bag. He didn't make any costly turnovers and did make some good runs.

But he was not poised and would start hesitating on his throws.  Even the throws he made were off and the WR had to make a good catch. Passing game was generally just bad when it shouldn't have been.

• Like 1

It's interesting because we pretty much just stopped passing at halftime. He was definitely not at his best throwing, however its hard to predict what would have happened 2nd half if it was a close game and we actually had to pass. Hurts has shown all year that he is capable of turning it around during the game with the arm. 

14 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

In the 16 natty when bama lost to Clemson I saw him as a "less spectacular Vince Young" then came the benching in the next natty and the next yr he came in relief and beat uga. I didn't pay attention when he was at ou I jus kno big 12 plays 0 defense.

When he was drafted I hated the pick, I thought it'd be AJ Epenesa (very next pick iirc) I was so upset I boycotted day 3 of the draft. I thought his ceiling was a gimmick/gadget player and even after last yr I wasn't sold. He hasn't been "conventional " but he has spent this whole season telling me (and others) to STFU 

Thank you Jalen, I salute you. Now let's finish the damn thing

• Like 3

20 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I don't think he's fully healthy. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

Props to you, you obviously have a lot more character than some people around here, and that jagaloon Chris Simms.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

Jalen Hurts didn't have a good game against the 49ers and the Eagles still crushed them, could you imagine if Jalen's shoulder wasn't in pain how bad that game would've went for the 49ers?

8 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

Jalen Hurts didn't have a good game against the 49ers and the Eagles still crushed them, could you imagine if Jalen's shoulder wasn't in pain how bad that game would've went for the 49ers?

50 burger if Jalen wasn't off. Probably a combination of nerves, injury, wind etc. He opens up the run game biggly though no matter what. San Fran's LBs were lost all game.

• Like 1