Eagles backup OL charged with rape and kidnapping

Hawkeye

With Dilliard leaving after the season Sills was in line to be the swing tackle next year. Now his career is over. Means we have a huge need at OT in April. Probably with a trade down pick in the mid rounds

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Why charge him a week before the SB. Sounds a bit fish to me

I was just searching to see if he had any type of pre draft meeting with the Chiefs, nothing.

If he’s guilty send his ass to prison but I wonder why it took 3 years to charge him. The alleged crime was reported right away. 

I’m sure the Eagles did their due diligence as well. There’s no way they sign a marginal guy with this allegations against him  if they thought they were true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Cut him. 

Id wait to see if he's actually convicted first. 

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Id wait to see if he's actually convicted first. 

Are you joking? He's an UDFA backup OL who got indicted by a grand jury less than two weeks before the Super Bowl. The only answer is to cut him immediately.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Are you joking? He's an UDFA backup OL who got indicted by a grand jury less than two weeks before the Super Bowl. The only answer is to cut him immediately.

So the whole innocent until proven guilty thing is just nonsense right? If he actually did it then yes throw him in a hole and turn off the light but let him have his day in court before you destroy his life. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

So the whole innocent until proven guilty thing is just nonsense right?

It’s a distraction the team doesn’t need. He’s also a non essential player. I know that sounds unfair, but that’s just reality in the NFL. 

• Like 5

Just now, Uscg-green said:

So the whole innocent until proven guilty thing is just nonsense right?

This isn't a court of law. This is the court of public opinion and this whole situation will be a massive distraction for the team and a humongous black eye for the organization if they stick by him and he's found guilty. All for a marginal player in his first year with the team? Get real. He's as good as gone, as he should be.

• Like 3

It happened back in 2019.  So timing is curious. Either way, he's expendable.  Him being cut is not detrimental for us.

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

This isn't a court of law. This is the court of public opinion and this whole situation will be a massive distraction for the team and a humongous black eye for the organization if they stick by him and he's found guilty. All for a marginal player in his first year with the team? Get real. He's as good as gone, as he should be.

The Sopranos Hes Gotta Go GIF - The Sopranos Hes Gotta Go Gotta Go -  Discover & Share GIFs

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s a distraction the team doesn’t need. He’s also a non essential player. I know that sounds unfair, but that’s just reality in the NFL. 

Probably. It's just a personal issue for me that a friend and colleagues life was shattered over something he was charged with and later found innocent. He was charged with sexual assault over a patients claim. She later recanted but the damage was done.But you're probably right. 

9 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Probably. It's just a personal issue for me that a friend and colleagues life was shattered over something he was charged with and later found innocent. He was charged with sexual assault over a patients claim. She later recanted but the damage was done.But you're probably right. 

They should release him because nobody needs this now.  He'll have plenty of opportunities to clear his name. If he does, someone will pick him up if they think he can help - it's the NFL, after all, and they have no scruples.

But the priority has to be a laser focus on preparing for the Super Bowl. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

So the whole innocent until proven guilty thing is just nonsense right? If he actually did it then yes throw him in a hole and turn off the light but let him have his day in court before you destroy his life. 

Pay him off, if you have to, but get him out of the door. The Eagles are hence giving him the chance to fully focus on clearing his name. (Yes, I have worked in public relations)

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

He played 4 special teams snaps all year. Get him the F off the team.

• Like 1

According to the police report obtained by ESPN, an officer was dispatched to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center Emergency Room in Cambridge, Ohio, on Dec. 5, 2019, to take a report of a sexual assault. According to the woman's account, a man dropped her and her cousin off at her cousin's place, where she was staying. After her cousin got out of the vehicle, "the male grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back into the truck." The male grabbed her by her ponytail and tried to kiss her, the report said, and she repeatedly told him to stop, but he continued. Once her friend was inside the home, the account continues, the man then tried to take off her pants and kept "touching me down there." She also alleged the man forced her to perform oral sex.

She identified the man as Sills, whom she said she had gone to high school with and had known for seven or eight years. The officer took photos of the woman's face and neck, as she stated she had been grabbed several times by the neck, the report said. The deputy was also informed that hospital staff were doing a CT scan to check for strangulation injuries. A nurse informed the deputy that she discovered bruising in the back of the woman's throat as well as on her inner lip. The nurse also noted that there was bruising to her right ear and that the woman also showed the officer bruising on the back of her left knee.

Cut him and keep the focus on the SB

• Like 1

The Eagles literally wasted less time than this cutting DeSean Jackson after that hit piece on him. Like half an hour after it came out he was cut.

• Like 1

He’ll be gone but Stout a obviously sees something in this guy that he can mould. Made the team and stuck on the roster all through the year as a dev guy despite us being on SB run. 

A wasted year of development and investment in the form of a roster spot from the Eagles perspective now.