Eagles backup OL charged with rape and kidnapping

Hawkeye

I really hate that this came out at this time.  Timing is definitely fishy, as others have said.  I suppose the commissioner's list was the level-headed way to go, I would have cut him.  Having said that, perhaps cutting him would have created more of a distraction?  Cutting him could possibly have made it seem the Eagles think he's guilty...thus prompting more questions, etc.  

I just hope this doesn't get "blown up" and become a topic of national conversation leading up to the game.  If it just remains local and basically "matter of fact" reporting, that's the best we can hope for.  

If Sills actually did what is claimed, he better get jail time.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

You can cut him without destroying his life. He just won’t get a ring. Won’t be solved by then anyways

Actually I think everyone on the team this year gets a ring if they win. Even if they are cut. Not that it matters but i thinks that's what happens. I don't know about traded away players.

11 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Pretty horrific reading. Scumbag if true

Side note: what was the cousin doing getting out of the car and going into the house and not coming back to at least check on her?

Also if this was reported right away and is all true what the hell took the DA over three years to do anything about it? That's unacceptable amount of time to leave rape victims waiting.

• Like 3

Why is the timing fishy?  This isn’t national politics, who uses a rape scandal on a unheard of lineman to win a football game?

NFL put him on the exempt list which removes him from all team activities.  Plus the NFL and the Eagles do their own investigations to determine response/discipline. When that's done the eagles will determine what to do with him but he'll stay on the NFL exempt list until the outcome of a trial.  

13 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Not a good distraction to have before the Super Bowl 👎

I wouldn't worry about it.  It's hard to imagine a player that's more replaceable and expendable than Sills.

22 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Actually I think everyone on the team this year gets a ring if they win. Even if they are cut. Not that it matters but i thinks that's what happens. I don't know about traded away players.

If it’s true, he doesn’t deserve a ring. 

Sick of seeing articles about this scumbag.