Lamar Jackson

700Level4Life

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The quarterback who was the greatest at running with the football was obviously Michael Vick. He was far and away better than anyone else until Jackson came along. Jackson is the only one who remotely compares...as a runner.

I don't completely disagree with you on Vick.  That guy was on a completely different level, he even had a rocket arm to go with those legs.

However, he never could read a defense.  Opposing teams would show all out blitz, and he'd still take a 7-step drop and start looking for receivers.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Nonexclusive tag

He only has one season over 3,000 yards passing, he has other abilities, yes. But you want a QB to be able to pass more than run. His market is going to be limited when you're looking at losing two first round picks. No way will another team give him an offer with that tag in place. 

If he was consistently passing for 3500+ yards per season, maybe... but that's still a big maybe.  

31 minutes ago, Vee said:

I don't completely disagree with you on Vick.  That guy was on a completely different level, he even had a rocket arm to go with those legs.

However, he never could read a defense.  Opposing teams would show all out blitz, and he'd still take a 7-step drop and start looking for receivers.

Dude, I’m not even discussing the ability to throw a football or to read defenses. That’s completely out of the equation that was being discussed. As far as ONLY running with the football is concerned, Mike Vick was undoubtedly the GOAT. It’s so evident that I don’t really consider it a matter of debate. Vick was that amazing. 

19 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The quarterback who was the greatest at running with the football was obviously Michael Vick. He was far and away better than anyone else until Jackson came along. Jackson is the only one who remotely compares...as a runner.

Did you see Lamar in 2019? He couldn’t miss. Yes, he’s the fastest guy on the field running the ball. And if defenses stack the box, he’d throw it over the top. Virtually impossible to defend. 

Vick also had a cannon arm, but not so accurate with his throws. Jackson thinks he can be MVP again, for somebody. 

Watch that. Makes you wonder what he could do with receivers who can catch. :whistle:

• Angry 1

20 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Dude, I’m not even discussing the ability to throw a football or to read defenses. That’s completely out of the equation that was being discussed. As far as ONLY running with the football is concerned, Mike Vick was undoubtedly the GOAT. It’s so evident that I don’t really consider it a matter of debate. Vick was that amazing. 

You can make arguments for Vick, Jackson or Cunningham.  There's a good long debate to be had there.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

You can make arguments for Vick, Jackson or Cunningham.  There's a good long debate to be had there.

There is zero rational debate about who was the better runner, Vick or Cunningham. None. On the other hand, there would be a decent argument as to who the better overall quarterback would be. Frankly I’m not sure how I’d lean. But as far as running ONLY is concerned, it’s Vick easily. He was both quicker AND faster. 

Its like comparing a 60 HR a year guy to one who hits 40. The latter is outstanding in its own right, but it can’t compare to someone performing at the GOAT level.

I would agree that an argument could be made between Vick and Jackson. I think it’s clearly in Vick’s favor, but Jackson is at least worthy of consideration. 

• 2 weeks later...

If Lamar is the best at running because of yards per carry (6.1) is Rashaad Penny the best RB because of his yards per carry (5.7)?

Was Jamaal Charles at 5.4 per carry better than Adrian Peterson at 4.6?

Lamar has 5 rushing TDs in his last 2 years combined and he does not throw many TD passes. He's got 24 career rushing TDs.

Josh Allen runs for 5.7 a pop and has 38 career rushing TDs. Too bad he can also throw the ball well so he runs less than Lamar.

Lamar is really good at setting up Justin Tucker for 4 FGs in 21-19 losses? Maybe?

6.8 ypc in the playoffs leading his team to 17, 12, 20, 3, and 17 points. He's 13.4 ppg awesome! (with the occasional game losing pick 6)

• 2 weeks later...

After all this unnecessary crap for months Lamar and the ravens get the deal done and he’s the highest paid as of now, until burrows gets the bag.

9 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

After all this unnecessary crap for months Lamar and the ravens get the deal done and he’s the highest paid as of now, until burrows gets the bag.

And just more reason why it was such a good move to try get hurts done first.

On 3/30/2023 at 8:58 AM, dawkins4prez said:

My prediction for how this gets resolved still stands.  I've stood by the Ravens the entire time and it's hilarious to watch the media backtrack now.  But there is and always has been a way for the Lamar Jackson to save face and funny enough the answer resides in Philly.  When the Jalen Hurts contract gets done the Ravens can come back to Lamar and offer exactly $1 more than Hurts gets.  That's the domino that has to fall for this drama to end.

Give me a g'damn cookie!