Round 7 pick #249 Eagles select Texas DT Moro Ojomo

brkmsn

16 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Strong and good length for his weight - will likely hold up well against the run as a 4i, but pass rush value as a 3T or big DE is likely limited or at best TBD… with Williams, Carter and Cox getting those opportunities, MO might find a niche on early downs (at the expense of Tui).

34 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

He's kind of a tweener but looks like he has pretty long arms.

I'm assuming they'll have him bulk up a bit to around 300 as 289 seems a bit light for NFL DTs that aren't Aaron Donald 

Dude graduated high school at 16 and enrolled at Texas. Spent FIVE YEARS there and is still only 21

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

Von Miller 2.0?

He’s about 40 lbs heavier than Von Miller 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Seems to be a common theme among our draft picks this year … high RAS scores placing them in the top % of prospects over the past several years drafted at the same position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Dude graduated high school at 16 and enrolled at Texas. Spent FIVE YEARS there and is still only 21

16 sheesh he probably still looked like a college kid though lol

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

16 sheesh he probably still looked like a college kid though lol

He was playing in the 2018 Big12 championship while Jalen Carter was a junior in high school. And he’s younger than Jalen 

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone would give this kid a thread. 😂 Taking a flyer on a 7th. NFL.com had him anywhere between 4-7. Seems a bit undersized for todays NFL but might be a high motor type guy. Maybe a Bennie Logan type? Anyways it doesn’t hurt to add some depth and he might need some time on the PS squad. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 5:36 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I was wondering if anyone would give this kid a thread. 😂 Taking a flyer on a 7th. NFL.com had him anywhere between 4-7. Seems a bit undersized for todays NFL but might be a high motor type guy. Maybe a Bennie Logan type? Anyways it doesn’t hurt to add some depth and he might need some time on the PS squad. 

He's only 21. Can probably bulk up some more in an NFL program. May be a redshirt year for him considering he's still pretty new to the sport and left with a year of eligibility remaining.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

He's only 21. Can probably bulk up some more in an NFL program. May be a redshirt year for him considering he's still pretty new to the sport and left with a year of eligibility remaining.

Yeah I don’t expect much from a 7th round pick just yet. He might need some time to develop. 

I think he makes the roster but he’s a long shot I guess. Is he more or less likely to make it than Street?

If he makes it I'm getting his jersey with his full name.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think he makes the roster but he’s a long shot I guess. Is he more or less likely to make it than Street?

That is probably up to Street who has the advantage of being an NFL vet. But when we start thinking about cuts early like this as fans, it's always under the assumption every player will be healthy at the time of the cuts. If after OTAs, training camp and preseason the Eagles feel he's more of a developmental prospect, they could look for a reason to stash him on IR at some point like they did with Mailata in order to avoid exposing him to other teams. 

• Like 1

This guy was R diddy's top sleeper pick on his board. 

• Like 2

Super smart kid with freakishly long arms for his height. Rooting for him to make the team. 

• Like 1

Will he turn out to be the steal of the draft?

9 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Will he turn out to be the steal of the draft?

I think that’s Sydney Brown for us in R3 or Nolan at 30. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...