Marvin Harrison Jr. (WR, Ohio State) - 2024 Draft

D-Shiznit

GettyImages-1422593804-1.jpg

chick-fil-a-peach-bowl---ohio-state-v-ge

Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison’s son could be one of the best wide receiver prospects in the PFF era. He’s a freak athlete at 6-foot-4, 205 pounds and was both the highest-graded and most valuable receiver in the country this past season, according to PFF’s wins above average metric. - ProFootballFocus

Harrison Jr. is listed at 6-foot-3 and 206 pounds with deep speed (23mph on the GPS). He has a combination of traits and skills we desire in No. 1-caliber wide receivers.    The height, weight, speed, route-running, and ball skills are outstanding. There are moments in games where Harrison Jr. is utterly dominant and nearly impossible to stop.  - TheDraftNetwork

A true generational talent and arguably the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson, a likely a top-5 pick.

We already have the most talented roster in the NFL and can afford to choose quality over quantity. With three picks in the first two rounds along with future draft capital, we could have the ammo to go get him.

If the Eagles are able to get Marvin Harrison Jr then Tanner McKee probably didn't do very well in the 15 games he started

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, judunno said:

He had this one queued up lol.

Hard not to want Harrison Jr.  A lot of hype over Olave, Wilson, Smith-Njigba the past few years ... always thought Harrison was the best of the bunch.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, time2rock said:

Hard not to want Harrison Jr.  A lot of hype over Olave, Wilson, Smith-Njigba the past few years ... always thought Harrison was the best of the bunch.  

He‘s also completely out of reach for us.

If there‘s one dude I want to trade up for next year it‘s Joe Alt - he could be the RT of the future and a big cornerstone piece for the offense.

• Like 1

Howie's good, but he isn't this good

• Like 1

Yet another top WR sounds great, but, especially depending on how Lane feels, the next draft might be a good time to look for new OL starters.

15 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Yet another top WR sounds great, but, especially depending on how Lane feels, the next draft might be a good time to look for new OL starters.

Yep, 2024 is likely the time to try to grab Lane's replacement.  

• Like 1

If Howie wants him, he'll find a way to get him.

He's a smooth operator.

Eagles Howie Roseman, Nick Sirianni 2022 NFL Draft presser

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:39 AM, pgcd3 said:

If the Eagles are able to get Marvin Harrison Jr then Tanner McKee probably didn't do very well in the 15 games he started

Precisely 🤣

A lot of things would have to go incredibly wrong for us to have a top 5 pick in 24' which is where Harrison will go.

20 hours ago, Rey said:

A lot of things would have to go incredibly wrong for us to have a top 5 pick in 24' which is where Harrison will go.

That seems extremely likely now ... but a lot can happen in the next 11 months so no sense in speaking in absolutes.  

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That seems extremely likely now ... but a lot can happen in the next 11 months so no sense in speaking in absolutes.  

Nothing is impossible ... but we would have to win 4 games or less to have a shot at a top 5 pick. Even if we were to lose Jalen Hurts for the season in game 1, I would find it hard to believe we win less than 4 games. We are very deep on both sides of the ball and too well balanced. Now, if we have "several" catastrophic injuries to key players then yeah ... but again, that's what I meant with "a lot" of things would have to go wrong. 

On 5/2/2023 at 2:43 PM, Infam said:

He‘s also completely out of reach for us.

If there‘s one dude I want to trade up for next year it‘s Joe Alt - he could be the RT of the future and a big cornerstone piece for the offense.

That's the rub, if you want to draft a replacement for Lane then you are going to have to mortgage the farm, because although a lot can happen, as it stands now, neither Alt nor Fashanu are making it into the play off teams picking range.

1 hour ago, Rey said:

Nothing is impossible ... but we would have to win 4 games or less to have a shot at a top 5 pick. Even if we were to lose Jalen Hurts for the season in game 1, I would find it hard to believe we win less than 4 games. We are very deep on both sides of the ball and too well balanced. Now, if we have "several" catastrophic injuries to key players then yeah ... but again, that's what I meant with "a lot" of things would have to go wrong. 

I'm not suggesting we are that bad that we end up with a top 5 pick.  I am saying no sense predicting Harrison to be a top 5 pick with a full season ahead to potentially alter the course (injuries, etc.).  Again, I think it is likely at this point that he ends up going top 5 as you suggest but can't speak in absolutes 11 months between now and then.  

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm not suggesting we are that bad that we end up with a top 5 pick.  I am saying no sense predicting Harrison to be a top 5 pick with a full season ahead to potentially alter the course (injuries, etc.).  Again, I think it is likely at this point that he ends up going top 5 as you suggest but can't speak in absolutes 11 months between now and then.  

Yeah just having fun with what ifs.  I think if eagles picked super high they'd be going OL. In fact I'd guess OL at any spot as of today.  I posted the Trotter Jr just for nostalgia. He's a nice player at a position of need but they rarely take LB (maybe at 32) and I think there's huge variability with him right now. He could be anything from a high one to a late round pick as we've seen in the past

Way too early for 2024, but unless the Birds go 1-16, they have no shot at this kid