Nice boobs

btw I see a lot of praise here, but to each their own

I just saw it and I thought the movie was terrible

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 3:28 PM, Arthur Jackson said:

Nice boobs

Odd, I was pulled in immediately and loved all of it. I just finished Killers of the Flower Moon and found that to be terribly overrated (even more so than the Irishman!). Marty is still good, but I think if people watched the same exact movie without knowing it was Marty (and without fawning over DiCaprio and DeNiro) they would've thought it was good but not great or oscar worthy. 

Oppenheimer, by comparison, was amazing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Odd, I was pulled in immediately and loved all of it. I just finished Killers of the Flower Moon and found that to be terribly overrated (even more so than the Irishman!). Marty is still good, but I think if people watched the same exact movie without knowing it was Marty (and without fawning over DiCaprio and DeNiro) they would've thought it was good but not great or oscar worthy. 

Oppenheimer, by comparison, was amazing.

I couldn't wait for it to end

I'm just getting crusty I guess 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Jackson said:

I couldn't wait for it to end

I'm just getting crusty I guess 

You should try washing it 

16 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

You should try washing it 

no, every time I do that I'm in the shower just a litttttttttttle too long

:unsure:

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:28 PM, Arthur Jackson said:

Nice boobs

Saw it about a month ago and the lasting impression is even less forgiving than the first.  What stands out the most is just how awesome Nolan is at taking nerds for suckers.  He's an illusionist and I think he admitted it with his actually best movie, The prestige.  Most of his other films are all different versions of the Prestige, where he presents you something real and then once you are convinced he swaps it out for regular, rote Hollywood BS.

Inception:  Draws you in as a deep minded psychological sci fi thriller, gets resolved with fisticuffs and snowmobile fights.

Interstellar:  Authenticated with Neil degrasse physics babble, ends with a C3PO one in a billion black hole action sequence and closes with the same intellectual depth as the more honest 5th Element.

Oppenheimer:  Promises a nuanced reckoning about the morality of the atomic bomb, oh wait no, it's just about the morality of the guy who made the bomb.  An entire hour long 3rd act dedicated to his ouster of the science community and nary a mention of the actual damage created.  But hey that's Downey Jr (the new jack Nicholson) pounding a desk with a bad wig and Matt Damon just barely kept a straight face telling us this is the most important thing ever, so must be serious stuff.

He does it over and over again.  Gets the nerds all nerded out, but ultimately feeds us low brow BS so emotionally hollow he needs to drown your ears in noise to create any connection whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally watched it.  Never getting those 3 hours back 😢 overhyped, way too long, and a parade of cameos bad actors.  Barbie won by far! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 3:28 PM, Arthur Jackson said:

Nice boobs

of course it won Best Supporting Actor, Best Actor, Best Director, and Best Picture.  Maybe you just have horrible taste.

• Haha 2

On 2/28/2024 at 1:09 AM, DBW said:

Finally watched it.  Never getting those 3 hours back 😢 overhyped, way too long, and a parade of cameos bad actors.  Barbie won by far! 

Hmmmmm.  Nah

On 2/13/2024 at 7:35 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Saw it about a month ago and the lasting impression is even less forgiving than the first.  What stands out the most is just how awesome Nolan is at taking nerds for suckers.  He's an illusionist and I think he admitted it with his actually best movie, The prestige.  Most of his other films are all different versions of the Prestige, where he presents you something real and then once you are convinced he swaps it out for regular, rote Hollywood BS.

Inception:  Draws you in as a deep minded psychological sci fi thriller, gets resolved with fisticuffs and snowmobile fights.

Interstellar:  Authenticated with Neil degrasse physics babble, ends with a C3PO one in a billion black hole action sequence and closes with the same intellectual depth as the more honest 5th Element.

Oppenheimer:  Promises a nuanced reckoning about the morality of the atomic bomb, oh wait no, it's just about the morality of the guy who made the bomb.  An entire hour long 3rd act dedicated to his ouster of the science community and nary a mention of the actual damage created.  But hey that's Downey Jr (the new jack Nicholson) pounding a desk with a bad wig and Matt Damon just barely kept a straight face telling us this is the most important thing ever, so must be serious stuff.

He does it over and over again.  Gets the nerds all nerded out, but ultimately feeds us low brow BS so emotionally hollow he needs to drown your ears in noise to create any connection whatsoever.

Oscars 2024: Memento To Batman To Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan's Unique  Path

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Oscars 2024: Memento To Batman To Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan's Unique  Path

The Oscars have a very, very long and excruciating history of handing out awards to people 2-3 movies after they actually deserved it (see: Dicapprio finally getting hardware for grunting for 3 hr straight).  In one fell swoop they got Nolan on what might be his 4th or 5th most memorable film, Downey Jr with maybe his worst performance of all time and Cillian Murphy a fine bloke and terrific actor who kinda just played himself with an american accent.

Barbie was robbed.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

of course it won Best Supporting Actor, Best Actor, Best Director, and Best Picture...

If you say so

I wouldn't know

I enjoyed this movie.

• Like 1

i struggled staying awake for this movie.

19 hours ago, paco said:

I enjoyed this movie.

I did as well - a little long but pretty good IMO

On 3/10/2024 at 10:43 PM, Dave Moss said:

of course it won Best Supporting Actor, Best Actor, Best Director, and Best Picture.  Maybe you just have horrible taste.

The only other nominee I saw was Killers of the Flower Moon which was just okay. So between the two, Oppenheimer was definitely more deserving. And I say that as a huge Scorcese fan boy, who thinks Nolan is overrated.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

The only other nominee I saw was Killers of the Flower Moon which was just okay. So between the two, Oppenheimer was definitely more deserving. And I say that as a huge Scorcese fan boy, who thinks Nolan is overrated.

Truth is none of them screamed movie of the year to me.  Barbie and Poor Things were my favorites so i guess I would have voted for those to split the big awards (100% would have given director to Greta gerwig). Oppenheimer was a mixed bag with an awful ending and Flower Moon was ok I guess.  Anatomy of a Fall is super overhyped tepid drama.  American Fiction and Zone of Interest are the ones i'm looking to watch but haven't gotten to.  No interest in the Holdovers.

• Like 1

I really liked American Fiction.  Too real though lol

36 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Im stoked for that one, hope to watch this week.

6 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

This film was great. The characters are all phenomenal to watch and the dialog was much entertaining. 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:41 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Truth is none of them screamed movie of the year to me.  Barbie and Poor Things were my favorites so i guess I would have voted for those to split the big awards (100% would have given director to Greta gerwig). Oppenheimer was a mixed bag with an awful ending and Flower Moon was ok I guess.  Anatomy of a Fall is super overhyped tepid drama.  American Fiction and Zone of Interest are the ones i'm looking to watch but haven't gotten to.  No interest in the Holdovers.

The Holdovers was good.