Oppenheimer

iladelphxx

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Florence Pugh’s boobies were a welcomed unexpected surprise. 

Apparently, according to some dude over in the Movies thread, she is mid. 

15 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

He’s probably ghey

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 10:30 AM, Agent23 said:

On 7/23/2023 at 10:46 AM, Blazehound said:

He’s probably ghey

I do better on the reg. 

Out of desperation. 

• Haha 7

I'm a fan of Pugh, great actress and she's got nice perky tatas.  But c'mon if you think she's more than a 7 1/2, it's fame bias.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm a fan of Pugh, great actress and she's got nice perky tatas.  But c'mon if you think she's more than a 7 1/2, it's fame bias.

Her a** is much better than her chest. 

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Her a** is much better than her chest. 

it was on display in that Morgan Freeman movie!

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Grabbed my ticket to go see this tomorrow evening!  

You better not have another surprise at the bottom of your popcorn bag, Deek Cheney! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

You better not have another surprise at the bottom of your popcorn bag, Deek Cheney! 

That's only happening if you're planning on joining me, big guy 

friends wink GIF

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2023 at 4:38 AM, NOTW said:

I will never forget the Interstellar Honest Trailer where he says the score sounds like Hans Zimmer fell asleep on his organ.

However, he didn't score this one.  Ludwig Göransson  @dawkins4prez

https://variety.com/2023/artisans/news/oppenheimer-music-composer-ludwig-goransson-score-1235674009/

So does this mean that you can't make out what they're saying in this one as well? 

10 minutes ago, Mat said:

So does this mean that you can't make out what they're saying in this one as well? 

No you can hear the dialog in this one. 

Im guessing since it’s a biopic that Nolan didn’t feel the need to make it an "experience”. Either that or Universal have him some notes. 

The sound mixing is still not the best, but you can hear dialog. 

Fantastic movie.  Nolan really nailed it - it was really quite accurate in comparison to actual history.  He seemed to keep things "in check" as well 

Spoiler

I really liked the way he didn't just immediately go into a huge explosion sound/shockwave during the Trinity test.  Was really well done.  

• Like 1

Went to watch this on Sunday and really enjoyed it. Not my usual kind of film to go and watch but I did enjoy.

So I've read here and elsewhere good reviews but that the majority is dialogue and acting.  Is it "worth" seeing on the big screen for the visuals and sound effects?  Or wait for seeing at home?

24 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So I've read here and elsewhere good reviews but that the majority is dialogue and acting.  Is it "worth" seeing on the big screen for the visuals and sound effects?  Or wait for seeing at home?

There were a few scenes that you could definitely feel, and were visually stunning, but overall I think you'd be fine waiting to see at home.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NOTW said:

People watch movies at home because they don't get arrested there when their boyfriend is blowing them during the film. 

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 2:41 PM, NOTW said:

It was shot on 70mm, and the atmos mix was solid. If you can watch it at a PLF theater, you should.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

It was shot on 70mm, and the atmos mix was solid. If you can watch it at a PLF theater, you should.

A friend wants to see it in the 70mm theater so we're sorting out what night works.

• Like 1

I second his notion, whoever he was. If she wasn't famous, she's not a head turner.

• Like 1

Saw it again, this time at a film IMAX (first time was a digital IMAX). 

Watching it in this way made me appreciate the sound mixing a lot more. Obviously the visuals were amazing. If you have the opportunity to see it this way I recommend it. 

Florence Pugh remains mid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 6:28 PM, Bill said:

Saw it again, this time at a film IMAX (first time was a digital IMAX). 

Watching it in this way made me appreciate the sound mixing a lot more. Obviously the visuals were amazing. If you have the opportunity to see it this way I recommend it. 

Florence Pugh remains mid. 

The best part about this post is this dude admitted to being 300 pounds in CVON :roll: 

7wt4iw.jpg

• Haha 2