Eagles sign WR Charleston Rambo

Procus

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

hes gonna make the team and push Quez for WR3.

They are very different wideouts. Rambo is more quick than fast, and Quez is more fast than quick. The WR 3 through 5/6 battle is going to be fun to watch.

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They are very different wideouts. Rambo is more quick than fast, and Quez is more fast than quick. The WR 3 through 5/6 battle is going to be fun to watch.

Rambo will make a good slot. I know he doesn thave the down field speed Quez has, but he has no problem getting open. 

You think a guy who couldn't make the roster of the 2022 Carolina Panthers is coming in to do anything more than be a camp receiver? 

• Like 5

The Eagles signed Rambo?

You're not hunting him. He's hunting you. 

I'll be here all week!  Don't forget to tip your servers!

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Rambo will make a good slot. I know he doesn thave the down field speed Quez has, but he has no problem getting open. 

Agreed. He's very quick in and out of breaks. Definitely not track speed though.

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles signed Rambo?

download.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You think a guy who couldn't make the roster of the 2022 Carolina Panthers is coming in to do anything more than be a camp receiver? 

Who is a better option as a 5th WR on the roster? He certainly has a shot

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

hes gonna make the team and push Quez for WR3.

Looks like we have our first Nasty Nate candidate. 

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Amendola kicked around before turning into a solid receiver. It happens. But that's not me saying it will in this case

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

yep

Camp body playing in a trap game that will be the real test to win the Suprrbowlz!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It’s not just that though. In addition to getting cut by the Panthers in training camp, not a single NFL team thought he was good enough to add to their practice squad at any point during the season. It’s almost like he had a lousy combine or something which led everyone to believe he just didn’t have the tools to make it. Oh, that did happen.

11 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Who is a better option as a 5th WR on the roster? He certainly has a shot

Well for one we only carried 4 receivers last year plus Covey as returner and Rambo didn't do much returning in college, plus I refer you again to the 2022 Carolina Panthers, their 4th highest receiving yards total last year was McCaffrey and he was traded after 6 games. If he couldn't beat out any of those guys in camp, he isn't beating Watkins or Zacchaeus.

Rambo averaged like 3 catches and 44 yards a game in the XFL. Have a hard time seeing him beat out Watkins as the slot.

He played with Hurts in college might have something to do with his signing.  If he can return kicks, his chance to stick around would improve.

33 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

He played with Hurts in college might have something to do with his signing. 

At this point, I seriously doubt it has any factor whatsoever. JJAW played (here) with Hurts for 2 years and 3 preseasons. Hightower as well and was from the same draft class. Fulgham, Deon Cain, Greg Ward .... there are a lot of guys that are former teammates of Hurts at the professional level which has got to be more valuable than having been a former college teammate. 

Rambo was signed because he did enough in his tryout to get a longer look. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles signed Rambo?

Ahhhh ... beat me to it!  :lol:

• Like 1

He’s competition to make the roster. He’s got a chance as a bottom of the depth chart guy but I don’t think he’s going to push for #3/4. As much as I think we need to upgrade over Quez I don’t think Rambo is that guy.

On 5/16/2023 at 3:52 PM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Possibly. Even if it wasn’t in the NFL, he just spent a year playing professionally (call it semi-pro if you want) to hone his skills some more. Maybe he’ll be nothing, but you never know. This is exactly why I want the XFL and USFL to stick around. Football is the one major sport without a minor league, so let those leagues keep developing these guys after college and a few could pan out in the nfl. 

• Like 1

Awesome now we just have to sign the other famous Stallone movie character.

9 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Awesome now we just have to sign the other famous Stallone movie character.

Must be talking about Cobretti.  

:lol: