Rob331

If you can't trade for Queen then it's the free agent market - so it's

• Kyle VanNoy (32)
  • Anthony Barr (31)
  • Cory Littleton (29)
  • Nick Kwiatkowski (29)
  • Zach Cunningham (28)
  • Kwon Alexander (28)

They're all better than Morrow. Which one ?

• Like 1

There will be cuts.  There will be opportunities.  Trust the Howie.

• Like 3

here's my question....if the Eagles have $13 million in salary cap space and there is all this talk of trading for/signing a LB why didn't they just sign TJ????

Probably because TJ has roots in CHI.

16 hours ago, Debo77 said:

here's my question....if the Eagles have $13 million in salary cap space and there is all this talk of trading for/signing a LB why didn't they just sign TJ????

Obviously the Eagles feel really good about Dean taking over for Edwards. Morrow is a carbon copy of White (former college safety converted to LB in the NFL) and was brought in on the same type of cheap 1-year deal. The Eagles have rarely deviated from the practice of not using much cap space on off ball LBs.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:55 AM, brkmsn said:

Obviously the Eagles feel really good about Dean taking over for Edwards. Morrow is a carbon copy of White (former college safety converted to LB in the NFL) and was brought in on the same type of cheap 1-year deal. The Eagles have rarely deviated from the practice of not using much cap space on off ball LBs.

I was thinking leave TJ in the middle and play Dean off ball....and him signing with the Bears for 6 mill a year sounds like a good deal....Eagles should have kept him for that imo

We’ll get one - van noy would be grreat. 

mayne the plan is to olay nolan at lb - he is supposedly strong against the run. 

On 5/29/2023 at 1:36 AM, eggs said:

mayne the plan is to olay nolan at lb - he is supposedly strong against the run. 

they did announce him as a lb’er which still has me intrigued 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:36 AM, eggs said:

I hope they try him out at LB instead of strictly having him as an EDGE rusher and backing up Haason Reddick.

In theory it would be more beneficial to have both guys on the field at the same time, in my opinion.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 4:24 PM, ilikepargo said:

There will be cuts.  There will be opportunities.  Trust the Howie.

This.

They will add to the LB room. 

• Like 1

Christian Ellis taking 1st team reps at OTA's???...I thought he was great om Special Teams last year...maybe a "diamond in the rough" like TJ turned out to be

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I must be in the minority here, but I am glad they aren't making any moves at LB ... yet.  Just because we have a lot of no name players in the group does not necessarily mean we don't have any that can ball.  I'd like to see what some of these guys ... Dean, Elliss, Johnson, VanSumeren even ... can do over the summer before further addressing the position.  

On 7/3/2023 at 7:03 AM, time2rock said:

I must be in the minority here, but I am glad they aren't making any moves at LB ... yet.  Just because we have a lot of no name players in the group does not necessarily mean we don't have any that can ball.  I'd like to see what some of these guys ... Dean, Elliss, Johnson, VanSumeren even ... can do over the summer before further addressing the position.  

I am in that minority with you.  Work with the current resources until they either (A) show they are a lot better than our speculation thinks they are, or (B) show they are not as good as we need them to be.  If (A) then we roll with a young, succession-planned corps.  If (B) then Howie goes into action like he did with CJGJ and Bradberry last year.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 1:20 PM, Debo77 said:

Prob because he's not that good.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Prob because he's not that good.

Edwards was clearly "good." Chicago is closer to "home" for him (he's from Illinois), though and that's where he wanted to be. With Dean in the wings, the Eagles were ready to move on without the big cap hit a good player makes with his 2nd contract. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Edwards was clearly "good." Chicago is closer to "home" for him (he's from Illinois), though and that's where he wanted to be. With Dean in the wings, the Eagles were ready to move on without the big cap hit a good player makes with his 2nd contract. 

He was serviceable and not worth the money.  He was a step up from Singleton and not much more.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

He was serviceable and not worth the money.  He was a step up from Singleton and not much more.  

IMO, he was as good as Hicks was for us. Hicks left us to sign a 4-year, $34M contract with the Cardinals. I think the Bears got Edwards for a very fair price. As I said, losing a high priced vet in free agency is no big deal when you already have his replacement on the roster on a rookie contract. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

PFF had TJ rated the 6th best LB in the league last year...I think he's worth every penny of 6 million....meanwhile his replacement , Morrow , was rated 64th

It's all about system...look just at our small situation here, Trotter was great here, sucked in Washington and came back  into JJ's system and was fine again, older but fine.

You see it with players all the time especially with DB's...