Just get us a linebacker

Rob331

6 hours ago, Debo77 said:

PFF had TJ rated the 6th best LB in the league last year...I think he's worth every penny of 6 million....meanwhile his replacement , Morrow , was rated 64th

I wouldn't pencil Morrow in as his replacement.  I think he is here to compete for a spot and nothing is guaranteed.  Heck Elliss may even take his spot (kinda hoping he does).  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

I wouldn't pencil Morrow in as his replacement.  I think he is here to compete for a spot and nothing is guaranteed.  Heck Elliss may even take his spot (kinda hoping he does).  

I’m in 100% agreement with your last sentence. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Debo77 said:

PFF had TJ rated the 6th best LB in the league last year...I think he's worth every penny of 6 million....meanwhile his replacement , Morrow , was rated 64th

His replacement is not Morrow.

His replacement is Dean.

Morrow is the replacement for White … if Elliss doesn’t beat him out for that starting position.

As the Kung Fu Master often said …

IMG_0522.jpeg

10 hours ago, Breeze 44 said:

It's all about system...look just at our small situation here, Trotter was great here, sucked in Washington and came back  into JJ's system and was fine again, older but fine.

You see it with players all the time especially with DB's... 

Not only is Chicago a different system/situation.  They also had Morrow playing out of position.  He isn’t a MLB. His skills and size are much better suited to WIL.

I too hope that Elliss wins the starting WIL job.

Dean and Elliss starting

VanSumeren and Morrow backing up

It would be nice if Davion Taylor finally got it together

Bradley is gone 

The two Johnsons are part of the depth mix as well.

17 hours ago, Debo77 said:

Technically, Dean is his replacement. Dean will play MLB and wear the green dot. Morrow is being asked to replace White at WLB.

when I say "replacement ' I meant in the starting lineup.....it was always going to be Dean and somebody and I really wish it was TJ...but he was "replaced" with Morrow....I really wished Howie would have taken that $14 mill and kept TJ and CGJ...if CGJ takes the $8 he was offered and give TJ the other $6 and lets roll...I would feel much better about the D 

of course the offense might put up 40 a game so it may not matter

16 hours ago, Debo77 said:

when I say "replacement ' I meant in the starting lineup.....it was always going to be Dean and somebody and I really wish it was TJ...but he was "replaced" with Morrow....I really wished Howie would have taken that $14 mill and kept TJ and CGJ...if CGJ takes the $8 he was offered and give TJ the other $6 and lets roll...I would feel much better about the D 

You want TJ to play WIL?  You have to be kidding!  That would be a mismatch of his skills and athleticism with the requirements of the WIL position.  That would be like asking Trotter to play WIL instead of Willie T.  Really, really, really bad idea.

White was "replaced” by Morrow.

15 hours ago, mattwill said:

You want TJ to play WIL?  You have to be kidding!  That would be a mismatch of his skills and athleticism with the requirements of the WIL position.  That would be like asking Trotter to play WIL instead of Willie T.  Really, really, really bad idea.

White was "replaced” by Morrow.

I wanted Dean to play WIL and TJ at Mike

On 7/6/2023 at 11:20 PM, Debo77 said:

PFF 

Consider the source.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Debo77 said:

I wanted Dean to play WIL and TJ at Mike

Dean hasn’t played WIL during his career.  He has always been a MLB

On 7/9/2023 at 3:57 PM, mattwill said:

Dean hasn’t played WIL during his career.  He has always been a MLB

Dean is also a guy I don't want taking on a TE 1v1 in space on a run play.  I'm hoping the injuries around the combine hampered him a lot, but he's a MLB or bust at this point I think.  He needs that beef in front of him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Rob331 said:

If you can't trade for Queen then it's the free agent market - so it's

• Kyle VanNoy (32)
  • Anthony Barr (31)
  • Cory Littleton (29)
  • Nick Kwiatkowski (29)
  • Zach Cunningham (28)
  • Kwon Alexander (28)

They're all better than Morrow. Which one ?

Well we got 2 more now! Cunningham and Myles Jack. 

Definitely needed some veteran depth there.

On 5/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Rob331 said:

If you can't trade for Queen then it's the free agent market - so it's

• Kyle VanNoy (32)
  • Anthony Barr (31)
  • Cory Littleton (29)
  • Nick Kwiatkowski (29)
  • Zach Cunningham (28)
  • Kwon Alexander (28)

They're all better than Morrow. Which one ?

We got Cunningham and Jack, but with Shaun Bradley now out with a torn Achilles and the limited depth we have as is, I wouldn't be opposed to getting another one of these vets.

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

We got Cunningham and Jack, but with Shaun Bradley now out with a torn Achilles and the limited depth we have as is, I wouldn't be opposed to getting another one of these vets.

I think they're all gone and it's a bit too late. If we do, we'll have to wait for the final cuts. 

16 hours ago, Rob331 said:

I think they're all gone and it's a bit too late. If we do, we'll have to wait for the final cuts. 

Looks like most of the players in that list have signed with a team have signed but looks like Kyle Van Noy and Anthony Barr are still free agents after visiting teams and walking away without a deal.

The Falcons also just cut one of their starting LBs from last season, Mykal Walker, and he's only 25, if they wanted to take a chance on a younger player?

8 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Looks like most of the players in that list have signed with a team have signed but looks like Kyle Van Noy and Anthony Barr are still free agents after visiting teams and walking away without a deal.

The Falcons also just cut one of their starting LBs from last season, Mykal Walker, and he's only 25, if they wanted to take a chance on a younger player?

Walker makes sense to me - with Bradley's injury we'll need a guy who will/can play special teams. 

20 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Walker makes sense to me - with Bradley's injury we'll need a guy who will/can play special teams. 

Looks like the Bears just picked him off waivers 😅

I guess we'll be waiting closer to final cuts before we see any other LB signing of note from the Eagles.