Why i am not worried about "superbowl hangover"

opa-opa

Tampa got rid of LG and he just kept running over people and collecting rings.

I've seen him on a bunch of America's game SB videos and highlights. I do not know or care who Tampa's GM was who traded him away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Ravens thought so much of Priest Holmes that they drafted Jamal Lewis.

Holmes had 7645 yards from scrimmage and 76 TDs in his first 4 years in KC.

The Colts thought so little of Marshall Faulk they traded him to St Louis and drafted Edge.

Faulk had 8255 yards from scrimmage and 69 TDs in his first 4 years in St Louis. He finished 2nd, 1st, and 2nd in MVP voting the first 3 years.

St Louis thought so little of Jerome Bettis they sent him to Pittsburgh.

He had 5804 yards and 30 TDs in his first 4 years.

Curtis Martin NE to NYJ

6920 yards and 35 TDs in his first 4 years.

Beast Mode Buffalo to Seattle

6448 yards and 56 TDs in his first 4 full years in Seattle

Shady, Riggins, Dickerson, Portis, etc.

Even Ricky Williams had 2216 yards and 17 TDs his first year in Miami.

Ricky Watters carried the worst WCO passing offense in NFL history in Philly to the playoffs twice. (52 TDs passing to 53 picks in his 3 years in Philly)

Every GM who got rid of everyone on this list thought so little of all of them. GM's opinions are not worth much.

Like I said I didn't agree or disagree agree with you.  Also swift never had as of a productive year as any of the running backs you listed.  And Portis was traded for champ Bailey hardly a apples to apples comparison.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

Like I said I didn't agree or disagree agree with you.  Also swift never had as of a productive year as any of the running backs you listed.  And Portis was traded for champ Bailey hardly a apples to apples comparison.

First, you are assigning value to Detroit's rando opinion on Swift is as meaningless as that opinion.

Second, Pro Football Reference and Google are not hiding from you.

Priest Holmes with Baltimore: 4 years 2102 yards rushing 10 TDs 4.6 per carry 2687 total yards 11 total TDs

Swift with Detroit: 3 years 1680 yards rushing 18 TDs 4.6 per carry 2878 total yards 25 total TDs.

The trades or the performance does not have to be equivalent. Teams move on from good players all the time. RBs had more draft capital value in the past and every trade requires a buyer and a seller. You don't get more than what buyers are willing to pay. If they could trade Swift to themselves maybe they would have gotten a first round pick since they picked the 2nd best RB at 12 overall. The problem is they had to trade him to a team that properly values the position.

DeAndre Hopkins was not even worth a 7th round pick in a trade last week for example. Who cares?

Holmes and Campbell did not draft Swift. He's not their guy. He was going to leave after next year.  There are endless better reasons than:

"I am pretending that the Detroit FO is omniscient so Swift must be bad."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

First, you are assigning value to Detroit's rando opinion on Swift is as meaningless as that opinion.

Priest Holmes with Baltimore: 4 years 2102 yards rushing 10 TDs 4.6 per carry 2687 total yards 11 total TDs

Swift with Detroit: 3 years 1680 yards rushing 18 TDs 4.6 per carry 2878 total yards 25 total TDs.

The trades or the performance does not have to be equivalent. Teams move on from good players all the time. RBs had more draft capital value in the past and every trade requires a buyer and a seller. You don't get more than what buyers are willing to pay. If they could trade Swift to themselves maybe they would have gotten a first round pick since they picked the 2nd best RB at 12 overall. The problem is they had to trade him to a team that properly values the position.

DeAndre Hopkins was not even worth a 7th round pick in a trade last week for example. Who cares?

Holmes and Campbell did not draft Swift. He's not their guy. He was going to leave after next year.  There are endless better reasons than:

Again I don’t know what Detroit thinks of him or not.  I was just saying I could see a argument from both sides.  Personally I'm happy with the trade. If he stays healthy it definitely adds to the offense.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

Again I don’t know what Detroit thinks of him or not.  I was just saying I could see a argument from both sides.  Personally I'm happy with the trade. If he stays healthy it definitely adds to the offense.  

Yes, he and Penny are both very good players who get banged up often (way more for Penny)

RB is a tough position. Sanders was never really healthy until last year. I hope the whole team stays healthy but RBs get hit a bunch and run a bunch so they probably get hurt more than some other positions.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 4:02 PM, SkippyX said:

Mean while, you're pretending that Detroit FO just let a future HOF go because a handful of cherry-picked RBs had success.

"Swift will undoubtedly be an all-pro for us because I want him to" 

goofball 

Swift was let go because detroit didn't believe he could stay healthy...and he was given the ball less and less because of that among other internal factors that we may never know. 

8 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

Mean while, you're pretending that Detroit FO just let a future HOF go because a handful of cherry-picked RBs had success.

goofball 

Swift was let go because detroit didn't believe he could stay healthy...and he was given the ball less and less because of that among other internal factors that we may never know. 

A goofball pretends other people are pretending.

A goofball would be someone using a straw man argument pretending anyone here said anything about all-pro

A goofball pretends they know the motivation of 3rd parties.

We don't have any standout running backs that have a consistent track record from September through January. Maybe that's too much to ask. My bigger concern is not the part of getting to the SB, we can get there, but the fact that the Eagles had one TD pass in the last SB.

• Confused 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:15 AM, RunItBAck said:

goofball 

Yeah teams let great players go all the time for dumb reasons. 

Desean Jackson, Shady, Cris Carter and a few others come to mind....

On 6/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, SkippyX said:

A goofball pretends other people are pretending.

A goofball would be someone using a straw man argument pretending anyone here said anything about all-pro

A goofball pretends they know the motivation of 3rd parties.

goofball 😙

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is the year a team finally wins the NFC East in consecutive seasons at least.