Eskin says Hopkins is at the Philly airport right nowz!!!!!!!!11

38 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Eskin says Hopkins is at the Philly airport right nowz!!!!!!!!11

With FitzgeraldzzZzZ?

On 5/28/2023 at 2:17 AM, judunno said:

Chiefs don't have much cap space.

The Chiefs have $1.1million

The Bills have $1.6million

If he's looking for a big contract he ain't getting it in Kansas or Buffalo.

My money would be on Chargers or Ravens.

3 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The Chiefs have $1.1million

The Bills have $1.6million

If he's looking for a big contract he ain't getting it in Kansas or Buffalo.

My money would be on Chargers or Ravens.

Gotta keep him away from the Chiefs :) Ravens could start looking formidable as well. Hoping that the Houston connection between him and Hurts brings him to Philly! Although if he's betting on himself on a prove it deal a move to the Chiefs probably makes the most sense to increase his value given their WR situation. Maybe more targets available for him there. If he's looking for a pay day now however... yeah probably not going to happen for KC.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Gotta keep him away from the Chiefs 🙂 Ravens could start looking formidable as well. Hoping that the Houston connection between him and Hurts brings him to Philly! Although if he's betting on himself on a prove it deal a move to the Chiefs probably makes the most sense to increase his value given their WR situation. Maybe more targets available for him there. If he's looking for a pay day now however... yeah probably not going to happen for KC.

They can decide to extend Chris Jones and create cap space, if they really wanted D-Hop. Not sure if the Bills have any obvious restructure candidates to open up cap space though

In terms of available cap space I think it comes down to us versus the Ravens. We have the better overall team, but they have more targets to offer in the offense.

Best case scenario for us is that if he doesn't join the Eagles, he picks the Chargers instead. I don't think D-Hop puts them over the top, but he can easily be a game changer for the other 3 AFC teams he's interested in.

6 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

They can decide to extend Chris Jones and create cap space, if they really wanted D-Hop. Not sure if the Bills have any obvious restructure candidates to open up cap space though

In terms of available cap space I think it comes down to us versus the Ravens. We have the better overall team, but they have more targets to offer in the offense.

Best case scenario for us is that if he doesn't join the Eagles, he picks the Chargers instead. I don't think D-Hop puts them over the top, but he can easily be a game changer for the other 3 AFC teams he's interested in.

San Diego is some expensive living.

i haven’t given up on watkins but i think Hopkins has some good left in him and is a stud I’d sign him and rotate the big 3 in and out of the slot don’t know many teams that could stop Hopkins, Brown, Smitty and god forbid one of them were to get hurt we would still be solid at wr.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i haven’t given up on watkins but i think Hopkins has some good left in him and is a stud I’d sign him and rotate the big 3 in and out of the slot don’t know many teams that could stop Hopkins, Brown, Smitty and god forbid one of them were to get hurt we would still be solid at wr.

It would be quite the luxury signing for us. The cap space is there, but the concern would be if Hopkins (or our guys) would be ok with being in a crowded WR room?

It's not like all 3 guys are going to go for 1000 yards receiving. Someone is gonna take a hit in the stat sheets.

Also there is the reasonable argument for whether or not our cap space is better saved for a potential starting LB or veteran OL that could be available?

On 5/29/2023 at 2:10 PM, NJWolverEagle11 said:

With FitzgeraldzzZzZ?

And UrlacherZZzzZzzzZ

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

It would be quite the luxury signing for us. The cap space is there, but the concern would be if Hopkins (or our guys) would be ok with being in a crowded WR room?

It's not like all 3 guys are going to go for 1000 yards receiving. Someone is gonna take a hit in the stat sheets.

Also there is the reasonable argument for whether or not our cap space is better saved for a potential starting LB or veteran OL that could be available?

In a passing league with an extra game it certainly is possible to have 3 1000 yard receivers. It's been done in the past.
(Last to do it in 2008.. Az: Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 3:53 PM, brkmsn said:

lol

Hoping Watkins becomes anything is a better option than signing this guy right? 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hoping Watkins becomes anything is a better option than signing this guy right? 

Believe whatever you want. I was laughing because people shrugged off the news of Hurts working out with Brown before the 2022 draft. But if you asked my opinion, I'm not sure how Hopkins would fit in this offense. Would you make him the full time slot receiver or would you just move all the WRs around? As I see it right now, Hopkins was at one time the best WR in the NFL. But now, would I pick him over Brown or Smith at this moment? No --- absolutely not. He's definitely a better WR than Quez, but I have no idea how he would really feel about being the 4th targeted player (after Smith, Brown, and Goedert) on a team. Is he much of a blocker? Brown and Smith are both pretty effective when they need to block, but some of the NFL's premium WRs would rather have nothing to do with blocking. Quez is on the books for $2.7M which isn't a lot if he repeats his 2022 performance. How much would we have to give Hopkins who I'm sure still believes he's a top 3 WR in the NFL? Whatever that number is, if he puts up 2022 Quez numbers, would that price tag be worth it?

Personally, I would be hesitant to disrupt the chemistry Hurts has with the current group of pass catchers. On paper, the trio of Smith, Brown and Hopkins combined with Goedert would make teams even more nervous if they all stayed happy all year. I'm just not so sure that would be the case. I don't really see Brown or Smith recruiting Hopkins on social media. There may be a reason. Who knows? 

I do still think the news of Hurts following Hopkins on IG is funny. 

I can't see it happening.  And we have more pressing needs at both ILB and Safety.  But I wouldn't complain.

Not questioning the talent.  Dude is a stud.  But am questioning the fit.  He wants to be paid like a #1 (reportedly) … we’re already paying Brown a boatload and will have to pay Smith next year.  And it seems obvious he is going to want the touches a #1 gets.  If I’m wrong about any of that or he would be willing to reduce expectations to be a part of something special then by all means sure.  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not questioning the talent.  Dude is a stud.  But am questioning the fit.  He wants to be paid like a #1 (reportedly) … we’re already paying Brown a boatload and will have to pay Smith next year.  And it seems obvious he is going to want the touches a #1 gets.  If I’m wrong about any of that or he would be willing to reduce expectations to be a part of something special then by all means sure.  

What he wants and what he's going to get are two different things. I want to be paid like Jalen Hurts but I'm not going to get it from Howie :)

On 5/30/2023 at 3:58 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

personally i would try and swing a trade for Patrick Queen but i don’t see that happening… we probably end up seeing more 5-2 fronts with sometimes ends dropping into coverage…. 

Maybe it’s just me but i know i would be happy making the millions he already has and having a real chance to chase a ring! i wouldn’t need a big payday or a ton of yards and a td as long as the team is winning. 

another little side bit—— Hopkins has also signed with Klutch Sports this week after previously representing himself. Kelton Crenshaw will be Hopkins' agent going forward as he seeks out a new team. Crenshaw represents DeVonta Smith, Chase Young, and Kayvon Thibodeaux -- all of whom are in the NFC East. 

On 5/30/2023 at 4:33 PM, judunno said:

In a passing league with an extra game it certainly is possible to have 3 1000 yard receivers. It's been done in the past.
(Last to do it in 2008.. Az: Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston)

Forgot about Steve Breaston, yes you are correct! 

Maybe we can have our cake and eat it too when it comes to signing Hopkins? 😄

Hopkins is still a top 5-10 WR...  It's an added luxury but also prevents him from making teams like Chiefs, Bills even more formidable.  If we cut Quez doesn't that free up another $2.5 million or so....   I don't see us getting Hopkins but man this offense could be dynamic

Considering they have no true #1, I think he goes back to Houston.