DeAndre Hopkins (Cardinals WR) -- SIGNED WITH TENNESSEE

judunno

Signing DHop can only happen if he was willing to take a 1 year deal and play the slot.  Even then, there's a question of his fit in the culture here.  Saw an article or 2 saying his reputation isn't too great for practicing and going sour if things aren't going well.  

Would it be nice if it could work out? Absolutely.  Will it? No.

53 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Signing DHop can only happen if he was willing to take a 1 year deal and play the slot.  Even then, there's a question of his fit in the culture here.  Saw an article or 2 saying his reputation isn't too great for practicing and going sour if things aren't going well.  

Would it be nice if it could work out? Absolutely.  Will it? No.

Honestly I'd kick the tires on DJax, knowing he'll only play like 5 games and catch 12 balls all yr. Even at 36 he can still run by most dbs and a defense has to respect that. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Honestly I'd kick the tires on DJax, knowing he'll only play like 5 games and catch 12 balls all yr. Even at 36 he can still run by most dbs and a defense has to respect that. 

He'd run by them once and tear his hammy, lol

10 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

He'd run by them once and tear his hammy, lol

Or maybe we cut him mid season then win a SB like the rams did

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, metal said:

Signed with the Titans

This is great news, keeping him away from the Chiefs and Bills. In the latter stages of the process it became apparent that he wanted to be a WR1 and get paid like it too, with him deciding between the Patriots and Titans, so it's not like we missed out or anything.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 6:44 PM, metal said:

Signed with the Titans

So....basically this is a me first, let me get as much money as possible dude.....great player no doubt.  But he went to a crappy team with no #1 that could give him the most money.  There is no way the Titans are getting past the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars.  Very glad they did not bring him here, would have been a complete mess with Brown and Smith.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:04 AM, NYEagle said:

So....basically this is a me first, let me get as much money as possible dude.....great player no doubt.  But he went to a crappy team with no #1 that could give him the most money.  There is no way the Titans are getting past the Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, Jaguars.  Very glad they did not bring him here, would have been a complete mess with Brown and Smith.

Gotta get it while the gettin is good. He likely doesn't have much time left trying to extend his career with PEDs and all.