Summer (or any) concert thread

The_Omega

Anyone know if djbif is still alive?  If so, I know he'll be here!

I thought Creed was cool back in the day, but mostly because I am a huge Tremonti fan.  Dude can really shred guitar!  Creed already held him back.  He thrives with AB and his solo act.  I saw Creed love once in Hershey.  Wouldn’t go see them today.  Stapp is still a really big tool.  

as far as my summer concerts, mmrbq, luke combs, Metallica are all on the list.  

I've attended 2 this summer.  Was in Queens Forest Hills Stadium for Dave Matthews.  Cool venue and we could walk to it.

Also saw Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel at the Linc.  Absolutely awesome night was worth the $$.

Went to some summer fest thing that had the Killers as the headliner and Death Cab for Cutie as the only other name I vaguely recognized. I think 2 songs all night might have sounded familiar. 

Had to skip a Janet Jackson/Ludacris concert near Memorial Day because I had an uncle die and wound up flying back to NY the day of that show. 

had tickets to see Lil Baby in august but they cancelled that show. 

maybe will do the 50 Cent/Busta Rhymes in September (I think) 

Pissed that I am out of town for 3rd tour in a row of QOTSA. They are just phenomenally tight live. 

I've always wanted to - but never have seen Jethro Tull.  My daughter and I are going next month.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2023 at 4:17 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

seeing tesla on friday night. 

horns up ! :rock:

i predict i will not be able to move my neck tmrrw. 

just have to recover in time for gnr at hershey park. 

50 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i predict i will not be able to move my neck tmrrw. 

Planning to spend a lot of time under the bleachers? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

see, now i give you credit for taking that underhand pitch and sending it.

im just disappointed it took that long for someone to do it. :roll:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

200.webp

Saw Luke combs last night.  Almost left after a 2 hour delay due to lightning and thunder storms.  Was walking out and thought to ask the security at the gate what she knew.  She said they were setting the stage back up so we turned and went back in and he started about 20 minutes after that.  Played his full set.  Absolutely crushed it.  Glad we stayed and got a little soaked because it was worth it!

tesla was phenomenal. jeff keith can still hit all of the notes and the band was absolutely in key. 

Seeing Eric Church in August, and Zac Brown Band in October. Wanted to get to Nicks/Joel but couldn't make it work.

I don't blame her.  I hope her security peeps gave this moron the Chappell treatment.

• Like 1

Do rappers actually lip sync at concerts? If so, that's pretty wild. But apparently she was asking to be doused with water.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1qAMzEvW_w/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d96a7e56-f313-4b48-8c18-32adb605883a&ig_mid=DA49B3B9-D6CA-4398-A928-75BB921E204

From their drummer, Brad Wilk

I know a lot of people are waiting for us to announce new tour dates for all the canceled RATM shows. I don't want to string people
or myself along any further. So while there has been some communication that this may be happening in the future... I want to let you know that RATM Tim, Zack, Tom and I will not be
touring or playing live again. I'm sorry for those of you who have been waiting for this to happen. really wish
it was...

• 2 months later...

Got tickets to Primus/Coheed & Cambria in Charlotte this August. Primus I’ve loved long time but I’m completely ignorant about C & C (not the music factory). Any good song suggestions?

On 3/17/2024 at 9:31 PM, The_Omega said:

Got tickets to Primus/Coheed & Cambria in Charlotte this August. Primus I’ve loved long time but I’m completely ignorant about C & C (not the music factory). Any good song suggestions?

F my luck. Bought the Primus tickets then, today, I get an email announcing that Air Supply is going to be in Durham that same night. What to do???

btw, I’ve listened to a few Coheed and Cambria songs, not my thing. Still looking forward to seeing Primus again though. Probably won’t be too many more opportunities to see them live around here.

55 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

F my luck. Bought the Primus tickets then, today, I get an email announcing that Air Supply is going to be in Durham that same night. What to do???

btw, I’ve listened to a few Coheed and Cambria songs, not my thing. Still looking forward to seeing Primus again though. Probably won’t be too many more opportunities to see them live around here.

Love Primus.  Not really a fan of Coheed and Cambria either, but it seems like an odd pairing to me 

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Love Primus.  Not really a fan of Coheed and Cambria either, but it seems like an odd pairing to me 

Oh yeah, and my wife’s gonna love it. She’s a top 40 kind of gal and has mentioned in the past that she’s not a huge fan of Primus. Throw some metal into the mix and it has the makings of a truly miserable evening for her. I think she’ll appreciate Primus a little more live though. That’s where they really shine.

• Like 1

Any Nickel Creek fans here?  Just saw them last night - fantastic as always.