GDT: Preseason, Philadelphia Eagles @ Baltimore Ravens, 8-12-23, 7PM EST

EagleJoe8

12 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Think he makes the Team? Or can they stash him on the PS? 

Yep. He may be the only UDFA to make the team. More games may tell. 

13 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Sidney Brown √

He looks like a really exciting prospect. Plays hard every snap. 

On 8/13/2023 at 8:16 AM, brkmsn said:

I'm not all that worried about Mariota with our starting Oline and receivers. The thing that makes preseason games a little harder to evaluate is that you don't get to see what a single player does in a situation where he comes into fill in for one player. You're seeing a whole group of players that will never be in a real game at the same time. 

Mariota's biggest problem was always inconsistency no matter where he played. He did not fix that.

52 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Mariota's biggest problem was always inconsistency no matter where he played. He did not fix that.

If he did, he would be a starter somewhere. We aren't looking for someone to push Jalen for playing time. Mariota is simply a backup QB here with traits that make him a fit for our play calling. He brings starting experience and positive character. 

Looking at all the QB2s and QB3s around the NFL, I'm not sure who this "consistent" candidate would be. More than half the starters are inconsistent.

5 hours ago, rrfierce said:

He looks like a really exciting prospect. Plays hard every snap. 

Yes. 9 tackles, 1st game as a pro. He is strong as hell and will knock the snot outta ya. My hope is a HUGE hope.... probably too much to ask... but when I dream, I dream BIG. Dawk 2.0 in the future. 💪🏼

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If he did, he would be a starter somewhere. We aren't looking for someone to push Jalen for playing time. Mariota is simply a backup QB here with traits that make him a fit for our play calling. He brings starting experience and positive character. 

Looking at all the QB2s and QB3s around the NFL, I'm not sure who this "consistent" candidate would be. More than half the starters are inconsistent.

Our backups are fine and arguably better than last year in terms of fit. Hopefully we see more McKee and less Book next game.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Our backups are fine and arguably better than last year in terms of fit. Hopefully we see more McKee and less Book next game.

Might get a full half of Mariota. Looks like he might need the work.

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Might get a full half of Mariota. Looks like he might need the work.

Makes sense. He did look a little rusty passing. I'm not panicking about him though. 

On 8/15/2023 at 4:47 AM, brkmsn said:

Mariota sucks so bad today in the Cleveland game, I  can not see any reason for him to be on the team. Experience at loosing is not necessary! Misses wide open targets. We are not going anywhere with him. Might as well either sign someone also, or roll the dice at going with the  rookie.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:49 PM, judunno said:

Makes sense. He did look a little rusty passing. I'm not panicking about him though. 

ok .. now im panicking. no bueno 

4 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Mariota sucks so bad today in the Cleveland game, I  can not see any reason for him to be on the team. Experience at loosing is not necessary! Misses wide open targets. We are not going anywhere with him. Might as well either sign someone also, or roll the dice at going with the  rookie.

I think the Eagles wanted Cleveland's QB in the draft. I see why.

Archived