Brady's Buccaneers

The Norseman

6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Covid

29 minutes ago, toolg said:

Yeah, I get it. Players workout on their own in the offseason. Sometimes they meet and workout together outside of team facilities. The problem is due to covid, the league closed all facilities to coaches and players who are not undergoing medical treatment. It seems they want to keep some competitive balance. Are all the players everywhere have the chance to meet like this and practice together? Then again, Brady and his teammates aren't breaking any laws and there's no rule they can't meet, so what can anybody do about it?

It was at a local High school, not team facilities. And, Florida has reopened. They didn't violate any governors order. Plus, it didn't appear to be more than 10 anyway.

I hate to to be the guy defending Brady, but I just don't see the problem.

As for players on other teams, yeah, they can get together. They just need to go to a State not under lockdown.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, SNOORDA said:

Covid

Florida is pretty progressive on this Covid thing and they're more open than much of the country.  Sadly, I don't think they're breaking any laws here. 

I still don't get how this team is supposed to work.  Arians is known as a hang in the pocket and chuck it deep guy.  Now I don't doubt that Brady could do that in his prime, but that's never been his game.  So now you got a 43 yr old check down Qb behind a shaky O-Line, hanging in the pocket waiting for deep routes.  Sounds like a disaster.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, dawkins4prez said:

I still don't get how this team is supposed to work.  Arians is known as a hang in the pocket and chuck it deep guy.  Now I don't doubt that Brady could do that in his prime, but that's never been his game.  So now you got a 43 yr old check down Qb behind a shaky O-Line, hanging in the pocket waiting for deep routes.  Sounds like a disaster.

He just has so many weapons down there, it's going to be to really interesting to see how it pans out.  Here's to hoping it's an catastrophic failure. 

On 6/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, The Norseman said:

He just has so many weapons down there, it's going to be to really interesting to see how it pans out.  Here's to hoping it's an catastrophic failure. 

He does have a lot of weapons but I don't think he has great protection ahead of him? So that'll certainly be interesting. 

• Like 1

Brady's style of dink-and-dunk, short/quick passing game make sense when you don't have protection in front of you. Arians can adjust.... I think if the NFL plays a shortened season due to COVID, then they could make a lot of noise. Otherwise I don't see how old guys Gronk/Brady make it through an entire season healthy. I think the team falls apart when injuries start cropping up.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He does have a lot of weapons but I don't think he has great protection ahead of him? So that'll certainly be interesting. 

Short quick throws make that less of an issue. Something the eagles fail to do when the lady me is having a miserable game

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Short quick throws make that less of an issue. Something the eagles fail to do when the lady me is having a miserable game

That is very true but does he have the WRs that can play that short quick pass game? Doesn't Arians run a deep threat offensive scheme? Push the ball down the field in big chunks? He would have to completely change that.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That is very true but does he have the WRs that can play that short quick pass game? Doesn't Arians run a deep threat offensive scheme? Push the ball down the field in big chunks? He would have to completely change that.

I would imagine Arians will let Brady run anything he is comfortable with. You don't get one of the greatest QBs of all time with 6 rings and make him play your way. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I would imagine Arians will let Brady run anything he is comfortable with. You don't get one of the greatest QBs of all time with 6 rings and make him play your way. 

That is very very true! I guess we shall see how it all plays out. I have a feeling it isn't going to go too great for Brady and Tampa.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That is very very true! I guess we shall see how it all plays out. I have a feeling it isn't going to go too great for Brady and Tampa.

I don't think so either, I think Brady is shot and while the bucs defense should be a bit better they are not going to be what Brady had his whole career with the Patriots to help pick him up when he is struggling like the pats D did last year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think so either, I think Brady is shot and while the bucs defense should be a bit better they are not going to be what Brady had his whole career with the Patriots to help pick him up when he is struggling like the pats D did last year. 

Yeah I mean that Tampa defense really isn't all that good. Brady will have to win a lot of shoot outs.