Tweaking the 2023 Roster and Filling Out the Practice Squad

time2rock

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

Phew....i was worried we didn't have enough bodies at DT :ph34r: 

But on a more serious note, I'm surprised we didn't pick up Mann yet who has now been cut by Steelers. Thought that's who they were waiting on after they didn't pick up Gilikin 

They worked out guys including Gillikin today. We’ll see if they sign anyone. Otherwise I bet they workout Mann tomorrow 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Phew....i was worried we didn't have enough bodies at DT :ph34r: 

But on a more serious note, I'm surprised we didn't pick up Mann yet who has now been cut by Steelers. Thought that's who they were waiting on after they didn't pick up Gilikin 

Don’t know how reliable AAT Sports Network is, but …

IMG_7183.jpeg

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

IMG_7183.jpeg

Probably not very reliable since the Steelers waived him and he went unclaimed. There is no reason for the Eagles and Steelers to "work out a deal" if the Eagles still want him.

37 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Probably not very reliable since the Steelers waived him and he went unclaimed. There is no reason for the Eagles and Steelers to "work out a deal" if the Eagles still want him.

I read it as the Eagles and Mann could work out a deal ... not the Eagles and Steelers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I read it as the Eagles and Mann could work out a deal ... not the Eagles and Steelers.

I think it's all a guess but I do think there's a good chance they work him out today and since they didn't sign anyone yesterday he seems like a strong possibility 

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

I think it's all a guess but I do think there's a good chance they work him out today and since they didn't sign anyone yesterday he seems like a strong possibility 

He or Gillikin would be solid additions.  Makes sense to not have signed any of the 3 they worked out yesterday just yet ... they have some time (obviously don't want another team scooping up a top candidate if we drag our heels too long on this).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

He or Gillikin would be solid additions.  Makes sense to not have signed any of the 3 they worked out yesterday just yet ... they have some time (obviously don't want another team scooping up a top candidate if we drag our heels too long on this).

Gillikin or Mann would be just fine. I think the key is make sure we have a good holder for Elliott. Whichever is the better holder unless we have any other better options on the team.

• Like 1

Araiza is the best option. Very Surprised we haven't brought him in honestly. Howie / Lurie have never shied away from this if it truly fit a need.

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

Read it again. It doesn't say "former Steeler" and then goes on to say the Steelers kept 2 punters on their 53. It's almost like they wrote the tweet before the cuts and expected that outcome (which obviously didn't materialize). Either that or they are incredibly misinformed based on the timing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bdjackjr said:

Araiza is the best option. Very Surprised we haven't brought him in honestly. Howie / Lurie have never shied away from this if it truly fit a need.

Just accept that teams are waiting for the civil suit to be gone.

Continuing to read about this guy, especially with expressions of surprise, is grating.

The guy is getting sued for some sex thing.  No team wants an unknown punter with a sex suit coming up.  If they want him, they'll wait until that's over and done with.  I expect that it will end sufficiently well for the punt god.

32 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Think Clark might be gone. Never assigned a number

someone mentioned that Clark to the Ravens should happen.

Tyre Phillips was a Raven for a couple years.   Not so good, but this is the practice squad, and he wasn't absolutely terrible.   40s-50s PFF with the Ravens.

11 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

someone mentioned that Clark to the Ravens should happen.

Tyre Phillips was a Raven for a couple years.   Not so good, but this is the practice squad, and he wasn't absolutely terrible.   40s-50s PFF with the Ravens.

Neither Phillips nor Clark listed on PE.com's roster page (yet).

21 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Do we really go into week 1 with 4 wrs on the roster? 

They did last year and it worked out pretty well.

Also they have three wide receivers on the practice squad, so they have seven guys who are available on any given Sunday.

Not a problem at all.

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Do we really go into week 1 with 4 wrs on the roster? 

Maybe they are thinking that Swift is kinda like the 5th WR?

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

They did last year and it worked out pretty well.

Also they have three wide receivers on the practice squad, so they have seven guys who are available on any given Sunday.

Not a problem at all.

We had 5. AJ, Smith, Watkins, Pascal, Covey

12 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Maybe they are thinking that Swift is kinda like the 5th WR?

I don't like carrying only 4. Not sure why we're going with 4 TE currently 

On 9/1/2023 at 1:53 PM, time2rock said:

IMG_7183.jpeg

2 Punters on their 53.. wow.

I guess they knew someone would trade for him?

14 minutes ago, Infam said:

2 Punters on their 53.. wow.

I guess they knew someone would trade for him?

That ship has sailed. Mann was released and went unclaimed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Guess Morrow wanted to explore options before coming back to PS. Makes sense Johnson is more a ST player whereas can see Morrow being elevated if they an injury and help out given how light we are at LB.

We hardly knew ya Mullen! Between Maddox and Goodrich, they probably feel a slot is covered. 

23 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Guess Morrow wanted to explore options before coming back to PS. Makes sense Johnson is more a ST player whereas can see Morrow being elevated if they an injury and help out given how light we are at LB.

We hardly knew ya Mullen! Between Maddox and Goodrich, they probably feel a slot is covered. 

Mullen must have had a pretty bad one practice lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

We had 5. AJ, Smith, Watkins, Pascal, Covey

Not the first three weeks of the season, they didn’t. Covey was on the practice squad until week four. That is likely the plan this year, and that is a plan has already worked. So no need to get panicked.

• Like 1