EMB Blog: 2023 Regular Season thru Week 9 - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

Is he working on a doctorate at this point? I remember before the NCAA opened up the transfer portal, the way to change colleges was to graduate (Hurts, for example) and usually involved taking graduate classes. There were also players, like Urschel, that graduated early but because they had eligibility left stayed in place and started their graduate studies.  I do wonder if NIL can also impact decisions nowadays.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

I'm expecting more of a mix going forward with Swift being the lead guy. This situation was only effective because of the way the games fell. Spread the love around a bit for the two ... combined they should have close to 30 touches though if all is going well (hopefully this means less designed runs outside of the sneaks).

The WRs and TEs are going to want to eat too so it will be interesting to see how we feed all of these mouths. Good problem to have... gotta keep winning though otherwise some folks are going to be pissed if they're losing AND not getting touches. 

TLDR... Just Win Baby

That's a great philosophy... in theory, but when it comes to practicality it is extremely short sighted.   For example, the Bears game, the Eagles 'just won' by running HURTS into the ground, because it was effective and the offense was sloppy.  And what was the ultimate outcome?  He was injured, and nearly missed the rest of the season.   He thought he'd broken his collar bone (and on his throwing shoulder, no less).  If he had, then the magical Super Bowl run is no more.  

The NFL season is a marathon, a war of attrition.  You have to find ways to win and keep key players healthy.   In a lot of cases, the teams that make it to the Super Bowl are the ones that are the healthiest, because the ones that are healthiest are able to play to their greatest potential.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

To be fair Jurgens was drafted to replace a HOF center that decided not to retire and keep playing

Sure.  Who was Smith drafted to replace?  I'd say he was drafted to replace Reddick.  So, he can get a few spots here and there, but he needs to get stronger, and he needs to learn NFL techniques.  He can't just win on sheer athleticism alone in the NFL.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sure.  Who was Smith drafted to replace?  I'd say he was drafted to replace Reddick.  So, he can get a few spots here and there, but he needs to get stronger, and he needs to learn NFL techniques.  He can't just win on sheer athleticism alone in the NFL.  

Reddick will be 29 tomorrow. When are you expecting to replace him?

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The Eagles don't feature rookies.  It seems to be an organizational philosophy that draft picks are brought along gradually.

This is a really good point, and yeah, that seems to be the way of this team.  

Jalen Carter, though, will play.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

I think they should be fine.*

*Well, yes, now that you ask, I have been married.  And divorced.  Twice.  

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's a great philosophy... in theory, but when it comes to practicality it is extremely short sighted.   For example, the Bears game, the Eagles 'just won' by running HURTS into the ground, because it was effective and the offense was sloppy.  And what was the ultimate outcome?  He was injured, and nearly missed the rest of the season.   He thought he'd broken his collar bone (and on his throwing shoulder, no less).  If he had, then the magical Super Bowl run is no more.  

The NFL season is a marathon, a war of attrition.  You have to find ways to win and keep key players healthy.   In a lot of cases, the teams that make it to the Super Bowl are the ones that are the healthiest, because the ones that are healthiest are able to play to their greatest potential.

I'm talking less designed runs for Hurts when the RBs are running well. Teams have keyed on and taken away Hurts on the RPOs so far anyway. Can have a few to keep defenses honest but he shouldn't be relying on his legs too much especially this early in the season. Get Swift and Gainwell the touches to preserve Hurts is what I'm getting at.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Reddick will be 29 tomorrow. When are you expecting to replace him?

After he turns 30.  I don't see Reddick remaining uber-productive much past 30.  Maybe they keep both when Reddick is 31, but Smith gets more of the snaps, assuming he develops as they hope.   

1 hour ago, GoEagles614 said:

First round pick Nolan Smith has played 13 snaps on defense in 2 games… Yikes. 

First round pick Lito Sheppard didn't even dress the first three games of his rookie season.

Was All-Pro two seasons later.

7 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

There's hope for Israel and Palestine

I just really wanted to use this meme 

IMG_8919.thumb.jpeg.a84213f9999f0bf72462df074283d67f.jpeg

46 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Um. They are the source?

Eagles should create a similar graphic

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I didn't get this because I just kept thinking "that's an acute angle, it not a right angle"

I'm such a nerd

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I didn't get this because I just kept thinking "that's an acute angle, it not a right angle"

I'm such a nerd

I was trying to figure out what "Didn't have the Theta" meant.

18 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I went to a friend's house on Sunday just to watch football. It's an annual tradition I undertake on a Sunday the Eagles don't play. He's had Sunday ticket forever. His comment to me was that because it's connected through the internet, you're way more likely to have glitches. A couple of times one of the games (he has three monitors going) crapped out and had to be reconnected.

Week 1 it was smooth for us

Week 2 we got the pinwheel of delay

Even without the pinwheel of delay, there is a lag from when the play actually happens vs when you see it.  Because of this, we've had plays be spoiled due to Fanduel\Draftkings\Espn Fantasy being updated before we saw the play.

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

The streaming version from directv allowed you to watch 4 games simultaneously on the website

When did they start that?  2013-2016 I was streaming it (PS3) and I didn't see that option.

1 minute ago, paco said:

Week 1 it was smooth for us

Week 2 we got the pinwheel of delay

Even without the pinwheel of delay, there is a lag from when the play actually happens vs when you see it.  Because of this, we've had plays be spoiled due to Fanduel\Draftkings\Espn Fantasy being updated before we saw the play.

Ive had delays even when I still had cable. Im not sure how some people see the game ahead of others and if theres any way to fix that.

Archived