The OFFICIAL make fun of Gannon aka Prison Mike thread ๐Ÿ˜‚

DBW

What a clown. Arizona is in full tank mode so they found the right guy for the job. When its time to get serious he will be pushed aside.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

What a clown. Arizona is in full tank mode so they found the right guy for the job. When its time to get serious he will be pushed aside.

Like I said, it would not shock me if they lay it on THICK, finish 0-17 and it be so blatant there would be calls for the NFL to do a draft lottery.ย ย 

And why all the hate for a draft lottery anyway?ย  Is it because the NBA and NHL do it?ย ย 

And yeah, with a lottery, you could in theory have a 10-7 or even 11-6 team that misses the playoffs having say only one combination of balls that gets them the #1 pick (out of say 50,000) and they manage to get it, but that is extremely unlikely.ย  You are likely never going to have a situation again like with the Magic in the NBA the draft after they got Shaq and finished 41-41 and got the #1 pick with the only ping-pong ball they had in that lottery.ย 

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1680381473354.jpg

imagine blaming on a coach on what the players did...they're just as much at fault...nobody noticed the exact same formation flipped LOL

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

imagine blaming on a coach on what the players did...they're just as much at fault...nobody noticed the exact same formation flipped LOL

The entire purpose of an NFL coach is to put his players in a position to succeed.ย  It was impossible for them to cover that play with what was called.ย 

Gannon is a f'ing idiot who needs to be writing nightly thank you letters to Howie Roseman for assembling one of the best passrushes in NFL history.ย  A monkey throwing darts at the wall could have had a successful regular season with our DL getting a billion sacks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike31mt said:

The entire purpose of an NFL coach is to put his players in a position to succeed.ย  It was impossible for them to cover that play with what was called.ย 

Gannon is a f'ing idiot who needs to be writing nightly thank you letters to Howie Roseman for assembling one of the best passrushes in NFL history.ย  A monkey throwing darts at the wall could have had a successful regular season with our DL getting a billion sacks.

Spot on.

Also, this was not just a 1 game anomaly in an otherwise elite defense.ย  Gannon's schemes were largely ineffective against any QB that was competent.ย  It will be interesting to see what Desai's defense looks like.

ย 

19 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

ย 

4 hours ago, PhillyRockd said:

Who's supposed to be covering him?

Everyone gets blame, but let's be real:ย  they had a talented secondary and ALL YEAR fans complained about Gannon's scheme.ย  We also know Gannon had half his attention on the Cardinals job, they even punished the Cardinals on draft day for tampering.

• Like 5

On 9/1/2023 at 8:19 PM, NOTW said:

2 WIDE open TDs. Lost by 3. ๐Ÿคฌ

Unfortunately I think our DC was far too focused on his new job to stay focused on his current job at the time, Good riddance.ย 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:34 AM, NOTW said:

ย 

Everyone gets blame, but let's be real:ย  they had a talented secondary and ALL YEAR fans complained about Gannon's scheme.ย  We also know Gannon had half his attention on the Cardinals job, they even punished the Cardinals on draft day for tampering.

CJGJ was right.ย 

I really never liked that pasty faced, chinless, fish lipped, self serving, unintelligent, blustering B.S. artist, and I'm thrilled he's gone. He seems like a "get fired half way through the season" kind of coach. He's the dumbazz in the desert.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I really never liked that pasty faced, chinless, fish lipped, self serving, unintelligent, blustering B.S. artist, and I'm thrilled he's gone. He seems like a "get fired half way through the season" kind of coach. He's the dumbazz in the desert.

I called that first in the Hot Seat thread in Around the NFL...just sayin'!!!

3 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I called that first in the Hot Seat thread in Around the NFL...just sayin'!!!

I'm not claiming that I was first. Just that I agree he sucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I'm not sure where you stand on this, can you elaborate?ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I miss Schwartz. He was always massively underrated on these boards. Did a good job, especially considering Howie pretty much ignored the D in the draft when he was here.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I miss Schwartz. He was always massively underrated on these boards. Did a good job, especially considering Howie pretty much ignored the D in the draft when he was here.ย 

Same. He didnโ€™t have much to work with (especially at corner) and got good results for that. Wasnโ€™t always pretty but he got it done. Still got a lot of respect for him.

Plus his PCs were fun.ย 

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I don't

11 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I had issues with him but he didn't have the talent in the secondary.ย  I'd be interested to see what he could do with the talent on this roster.

However I think we'll always find problems with the DC, part of that is the nature of the game and rules favor the offense so it's harder for defenses each year.ย  And we have high expectations because of strong defenses in the past.

Desai is a first time DC, I can be a little patient but want to see progress from week to week and expect them to not have the same issues after a few more games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I had issues with him but he didn't have the talent in the secondary.ย  I'd be interested to see what he could do with the talent on this roster.

However I think we'll always find problems with the DC, part of that is the nature of the game and rules favor the offense so it's harder for defenses each year.ย  And we have high expectations because of strong defenses in the past.

Desai is a first time DC, I can be a little patient but want to see progress from week to week and expect them to not have the same issues after a few more games.

In some ways I think Patricia is here to take over if Desai fails. Or at least offer him some guidance. ย I think the coordinators on both sides called a super conservative game. ย I hope to see a much different team on Thursday. ย This felt like a preseason "get through this oneโ€ kind of game plan. ย 
ย 

ย