GDT: Minnesota Vikings @ Philadelphia Eagles 9-14-23 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You care so much you've ranted for multiple posts, then said others are keyboard warriors. You're blowing it way out of proportion. Lots of players get passionate on the sidelines. Mahomes, Brady, Manning, Kelce, especially WR divas who want the ball.

If the coaches or other players have a problem with it they'll handle it.

I wasn't talking to you.

.image.gif.dc264df2d6431ecabd2cda7a78a4c5f7.gif

On 9/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, NOTW said:

Some thoughts.

Jordan Davis is playing much better in his 2nd year, he's collapsing the pocket and getting great rush.  Jalen Carter hasn't actually played as many snaps, like with Davis last year they are slowly rotating the rookie in.  Obviously Carter looks great as well.  Should be a great tandem for years.  However, the D line should have more sacks and disrupting the passing game.  2 weeks in a row a QB threw for big gains.

Hurts had 12 carries (includes the QB Sneaks).  He had 9 last week.  If they were successful that would be one thing, but he looks confused and lost at times and then goes nowhere.  He's still missing open receivers although not as bad as last week.  On his INT, Goedert was once again WIDE open out in space and could have easily got the YAC for the 1st down.  Instead, he threw into double coverage and it was terribly placed for his receiver and easy for the defender to intercept.

The O line isn't pass protecting well enough, so Hurts is scrambling for his life.  Some of THOSE plays are when he should tuck and run if there's an opening, instead he's trying to find a receiver which is understandable.  But other times on RPO or designed QB runs he looks lost.  One of the guys on Good Morning Football on NFLN said the offense looks more 2021 than 2022 and he's right.  They should be the new greatest show on turf with this run game, 2 great receivers and a really good TE.  This won't fly against the tougher teams.

Desai deserves credit considering the injuries on defense and only his 2nd game as DC against a tough passing offense.  If he can improve each week, and get the players back healthy soon then that's a good sign so far.  A lot to improve though.

AJ Brown sideline moment.  A WR arguing he wants the ball is so common, people shouldn't make much out of it.  Lots of teams have these "blow ups" on the sidelines then the players move on and it's fine.  AJ and Jalen are friends, they will move past it.  Of course as others said, they shouldn't have forced the ball to him in the following series.  Just run a balanced offense and take what the defense is giving you.

Decent LB play considering the injuries.  Morrow was cut a couple weeks ago, Cunningham played bad last week and did a good job last night. The LBs are the weak spot on the defense and no one expects that much from them, but considering all the factors they played well.  If the D line gets more pressure and the secondary is healthy plus having Nakobe back then good signs for them to improve and make progress.

Overall, great to be 2-0 but they should be way more efficient on offense.  Against better teams they're going to need to do way better in the passing game. 

"AJ Brown sideline moment.  A WR arguing he wants the ball is so common, people shouldn't make much out of it.  Lots of teams have these "blow ups" on the sidelines then the players move on and it's fine.  AJ and Jalen are friends, they will move past it.  Of course as others said, they shouldn't have forced the ball to him in the following series.  Just run a balanced offense and take what the defense is giving you.”

Being a little overblown right now. Frankly Tom Brady would have several types of outbursts during games on the sidelines from throwing tablets, to cursing out teammates, and slamming down helmets. He’s called a competitor for it. AJ Brown had a frustrated moment during a game where the Eagles were up at one point by twenty, but won by only 6. I’m betting whatever Brown said on the sidelines isn’t nearly as bad as some of the comments on this thread while watching that game. 

One single action undermines everything he said last season. The old saying is, "actions speak louder than words."

"I'm excited to be an Eagle and join this great organization," Brown said. "I'm looking forward to doing anything and everything I can do to help win games. I want to win it all."

"We just need to get to work and get everyone on the same page and work together," he said. "It's not about one person in this game. The team is what it's all about."

"I pride myself as a leader,” he said. "I want guys to follow me because I try to lead by example and try to do it the right way. So, of course, I want guys to follow me and lead by example."

"I work extremely hard and I know the only way you're going to win if you can get other guys to follow and that's what leaders do,” he said. "Not just talk about it, but be about it. I pride myself, I wouldn't say a word if I wasn't doing the right thing. And they know that, too.”

I have less respect for the things he says now. I personally don't think he should be a captain. He's a great player and I don't think he has any intentions of sabotaging the team. But if he really sees himself as a team leader than he needs to address the situation properly to move on. There's no excuse for saying ... "It's not about one person in this game. The team is what it's all about." and then demonstrating exactly the opposite while the team is winning. 

On 9/15/2023 at 12:01 AM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Other than Hurts holding the ball 2 times for sacks and a bad pass, was pretty much a great offensive performance, there has never been a team in the history of the NFL that has played a perfect game. There are always plays a team wants back, big news there is a team on the other side, when you put up 430 yards and 34 points not much to complain about unless yo uare a hot take  guy on WIP or twittex making up issues where they don't exist

I have an opinion. Deal with it. Not everyone is gonna agree with your exuberant outtake either. There are issues, you just choose to ignore them. They played better, yes, but I expect them to progress and fix those issues. 

On 9/16/2023 at 5:36 PM, Talonblood said:

Looking at your posts- never did like keyboard warriors. 🤣

piano-bruce-almighty.gif

You don't like facts I gather ;)

On 9/16/2023 at 5:42 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know. They lost two special teams guys to IR prior to the season starting and Dean for at least 4 games. We are only two games in. Also Quez Watkins has a bum hamstring and that is a lingering type injury that could affect him all year. This a team with 4 wide receivers and one of them can’t run. The one who can’t run only does running fast well. 

That's an elite hamstring though.

18 hours ago, brkmsn said:

One single action undermines everything he said last season. The old saying is, "actions speak louder than words."

"I'm excited to be an Eagle and join this great organization," Brown said. "I'm looking forward to doing anything and everything I can do to help win games. I want to win it all."

"We just need to get to work and get everyone on the same page and work together," he said. "It's not about one person in this game. The team is what it's all about."

"I pride myself as a leader,” he said. "I want guys to follow me because I try to lead by example and try to do it the right way. So, of course, I want guys to follow me and lead by example."

"I work extremely hard and I know the only way you're going to win if you can get other guys to follow and that's what leaders do,” he said. "Not just talk about it, but be about it. I pride myself, I wouldn't say a word if I wasn't doing the right thing. And they know that, too.”

I have less respect for the things he says now. I personally don't think he should be a captain. He's a great player and I don't think he has any intentions of sabotaging the team. But if he really sees himself as a team leader than he needs to address the situation properly to move on. There's no excuse for saying ... "It's not about one person in this game. The team is what it's all about." and then demonstrating exactly the opposite while the team is winning. 

Did you (or anyone) not notice what he did when he was walking off the field? He did a talking hand motion then bumped his chest saying apologizing to fans. I'll see if I can find the vid

Edit: here it is.... media will always post for clicks, that's why this hasn't been shown much...

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1703108932019900479?s=20

14 hours ago, judunno said:

That's an elite hamstring though.

I think he blew it out trying to have a fit on the sidelines. He couldn’t finish so Brown stepped in. 😂

On 9/15/2023 at 1:33 PM, ilikepargo said:

That is not what happened.  Hurts was having a bad day. He was failing to find open receivers, and failing to hit some of those he did see.  And the Vikings were prepared for him running, so he wasn't having any success there either.  Hurts didn't throw less because the running game was working.  That's backwards.  We adjusted our gameplan and relied more on the run because Hurts wasn't making the passing game work.  The running game bailed out the offense when the passing game struggled.

We can agree to disagree on what counts as a "bad day."  He was 18/23 so it wasn't like he was wildly inaccurate. His reads could be better, but I thought he improved over the prior week. and Minnesota was able to get pressure on him.  He had two nice deep passes to Smith, and also had nice passes to Brown (1 on a TD that got called back, and the other that may have been a TD without DPI).   In terms of his running, he does looks like he's hesitant for whatever reason - maybe he's trying to avoid taking hits.

3 hours ago, MF POON said:

We can agree to disagree on what counts as a "bad day."  He was 18/23 so it wasn't like he was wildly inaccurate. His reads could be better, but I thought he improved over the prior week. and Minnesota was able to get pressure on him.  He had two nice deep passes to Smith, and also had nice passes to Brown (1 on a TD that got called back, and the other that may have been a TD without DPI).   In terms of his running, he does looks like he's hesitant for whatever reason - maybe he's trying to avoid taking hits.

The int was pretty bad. I don’t know how much of this is Jalen and how much of it is the passing scheme. It shouldn’t be this easy to confuse the offense. Hopefully after this ten days they can come up with a much better gameplan than they did before. 

On 9/15/2023 at 3:13 AM, Infam said:

I’ve seen him throw perfect deep bombs. If anything he has thrown too far more than too short. Not enough arm strength is total bull.

Yawn. Heard that for way too long now.

First game of the season and then a short week. And we won both. Not scary at all.

If you think the product we put out there would have beat the Cowboys and 49ers in those same two weeks.... you're delusional. I'm not saying we won't beat them down the road, however, what I saw in the first two weeks was not good enough to beat the best in our conference. 

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

If you think the product we put out there would have beat the Cowboys and 49ers in those same two weeks.... you're delusional. I'm not saying we won't beat them down the road, however, what I saw in the first two weeks was not good enough to beat the best in our conference. 

What's important is the product that will play the Cowboys and 49ers in the playoffs... not Week 1 and Week 2.

2 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

Lol he blew his quad out...josh sweat didn't run him over smh. context

Yes, he injured his quad on the play. It's pretty obvious it happened after the shove. 

Archived