Hey International Eagles Fans

UK_EaglesFan89

On 5/17/2023 at 9:02 AM, EnglishEagle1980 said:

Thanks! Great to be here! 🙂 Yeah born in 1980! I've watched the super bowl for years and did see the win! I think that's one reason when I watched the All or Nothing (I watched all the different series that were out at the time) I took to the Eagles so much! I'm a big sports fan and have always been a fan of my local football (soccer) team but until lockdown never really understood the NFL in detail. It gave me time to watch and read up on the sport and I now love it! I stayed up until 3am watching the draft! I'm so excited about being at a game and experiencing the whole day... all I keep seeing is how great the Eagles fans are and we can't wait to be part of it! How do the local guys take to foreigners visiting and supporting the Eagles? Is it a common thing and is it seen as a positive? I know some football team supporters in the UK see foreign supporters as tourists and not always keen on them attending.

Have fun and from experience, there tend to be a decent number of international fans at games and most people are super cool and respectful of those who travel from afar to see the Birds. It'll be ace

if you get time, do a tour of the Linc.  DM me if you have any questions; happy to help

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2023 at 2:00 PM, UK Eagle said:

Have fun and from experience, there tend to be a decent number of international fans at games and most people are super cool and respectful of those who travel from afar to see the Birds. It'll be ace

if you get time, do a tour of the Linc.  DM me if you have any questions; happy to help

Thanks so much! I can't believe it's only a month away now and can't wait! Definitely wanting to have a tour of the Linc, are these done on none game days? 

Great to hear about the fans and from what I've seen of the tailgating on Youtube everyone seems welcoming and up for a laugh! Really looking forward to being part of the atmosphere and hoping for a big Eagles win!!

56 minutes ago, EnglishEagle1980 said:

Thanks so much! I can't believe it's only a month away now and can't wait! Definitely wanting to have a tour of the Linc, are these done on none game days? 

Great to hear about the fans and from what I've seen of the tailgating on Youtube everyone seems welcoming and up for a laugh! Really looking forward to being part of the atmosphere and hoping for a big Eagles win!!

You used to be able to book them on non-game days and would get a discount in the pro shop too - not done it a 5 years so may well have changed since then.  I'd recommend booking now so you can plan the day as there isn't a whole lot to do once you are at the stadium. 

It'll be an ace day, win or lose. 

6 hours ago, EnglishEagle1980 said:

everyone seems welcoming and up for a laugh!

Just don't wear anything Blue with a Star or "ny" on it... :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just don't wear anything Blue with a Star or "ny" on it... :ph34r:

Or loudly say you are Clinton Portis' mother and then get lippy with people when they call you an ahole

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So as I’m sure the international fans will be aware that gamepass is now on DAZN and I’ll be honest it’s a mixed bag so far. Won’t stop me watching the eagles as I’ve done for years. After last season and how much of a jump Jalen Hurts took I’m very positive for the teams chances this season. Only thing is the time difference is still a pain in the hole. 

22 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

So as I’m sure the international fans will be aware that gamepass is now on DAZN and I’ll be honest it’s a mixed bag so far. Won’t stop me watching the eagles as I’ve done for years. After last season and how much of a jump Jalen Hurts took I’m very positive for the teams chances this season. Only thing is the time difference is still a pain in the hole. 

I wasn't the only who got DAZN'd yesterday.  It seemed half the world was slamming them and the NFL; let's see but I hold out no hope it won't be back to the days when GamePass first came out and it worked for some, and not for others.

I paid for Gamepass last year but cancelled it for this season. I have Sky Sports and a lot of the Eagles games were shown live on that and hoping same this year. Previous seasons I've always managed to get a "live stream" for the games though... given how much the gamepass costs and how much it didn't really work I'm going to take my chances! Worst case is I have to watch Red Zone if Eagles game isn't live! 

On 8/13/2023 at 10:03 AM, EaglesIreland said:

Have you ever tried to subscribe to a TV streaming package and use a VPN to make it look like you're in the U.S.? I have no idea whether it would work from outside the U.S. or not, but it works for me to make it look like I'm in Philadelphia. 

On 8/14/2023 at 6:14 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Have you ever tried to subscribe to a TV streaming package and use a VPN to make it look like you're in the U.S.? I have no idea whether it would work from outside the U.S. or not, but it works for me to make it look like I'm in Philadelphia. 

Yes once and it was a bit of a mess and I felt on edge using especially with my internet connection issues. 

anyway the last 24 hours they seem to be fixing issues so hopefully by week 1 it’ll be sorted out. I know it’s American based but I’m seeing a lot of talk about Sunday ticket being on YouTube.

28 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Yes once and it was a bit of a mess and I felt on edge using especially with my internet connection issues. 

anyway the last 24 hours they seem to be fixing issues so hopefully by week 1 it’ll be sorted out. I know it’s American based but I’m seeing a lot of talk about Sunday ticket being on YouTube.

I'd much rather get local Philly TV than Sunday Ticket, that way I get Pre and Postgame Live as well as the other local daily/weekly shows. If there's other games that I might want to watch, I just bounce around on my VPN to other cities and catch it on their channels. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2023 at 3:14 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had signed up to Gamepass using a VPN and would split the cost with a friend. If we were to purchase it through the Australian site it would cost us around $270 AUD. Purchasing through India it would cost us around $140 ($70 each) and it worked pretty well. I didn't have to be logged into the VPN to watch and it would work anywhere but the USA, Canada, Mexico and I think UK due to the blackout issues. When they moved to DAZN I did the account transfer and then couldn't access my account. When I asked their support why, they said it's because I had originally signed up through India so now my account was region locked there. I couldn't even sign in to cancel my subscription.

The screenshots I have of the answers their support team gave me were that fine line between ridiculous and hilarious, including them telling me to enjoy the freemium content on the account I was locked out of. They cancelled the sub, I asked the question about travel because if I leave the country and want to watch the Eagles this would have been possible in the past. The answer was a no but it is 'something they'll work on' which means they will do nothing so they can region lock people. I have heard DAZN is a bit of a dumpster fire, I have been lucky enough that so far all the Eagles games are easily accessible here through one of our local subscription services. Once we get further into the season I'll probably just pay the cost for either the week or the season I don't have access to a game. I don't think signing up to YouTube TV or an equivalent would work because it would need a local credit card.