Star Trek — Discovery Season 3 Premiered 10/15

opengeo

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Also just learned that René Auberjonois ("Odo") died last December. 

Indeed. Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan and Deforest Kelley too. ;) 

24 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Indeed. Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan and Deforest Kelley too. ;) 

I've been kind of pre-occupied for a little while, so I never saw the news about Eisenberg and Auberjonois. Auberjonois was almost 80, but Eisenberg was only about a month older than me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've been kind of pre-occupied for a little while, so I never saw the news about Eisenberg and Auberjonois. Auberjonois was almost 80, but Eisenberg was only about a month older than me. 

Yeah man. Just busting your chops. Also... seeing rumors everything star trek may be canceled at cbs. Let’s hope not true. 

4 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Yeah man. Just busting your chops. Also... seeing rumors everything star trek may be canceled at cbs. Let’s hope not true. 

I haven't watched any of the new stuff. The last 'new' episode of any Trek that I've seen was the final episode of Enterprise. 

I did watch the DS9 documentary recently though, and if I were to want anything new, it would be the season 8 of DS9 that they talked about in that documentary. If you haven't seen it yet, the original writers of DS9 got together in a room one day and pretended that they were preparing for the 8th season, just like they had done for the actual 7 seasons and over the course of a day, they laid out their fictitious vision for the 8th season. Starting off with Captain Nog dying in the opening scenes of the first episode. It was pretty cool to watch.

I'd also want to see the 5th season of Enterprise. Shran was going to become a regular, and assigned to the Enterprise (similar to how T'Pol was there for the Vulcans). Shran was a great character and would have made for a great season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't watched any of the new stuff. The last 'new' episode of any Trek that I've seen was the final episode of Enterprise. 

I did watch the DS9 documentary recently though, and if I were to want anything new, it would be the season 8 of DS9 that they talked about in that documentary. If you haven't seen it yet, the original writers of DS9 got together in a room one day and pretended that they were preparing for the 8th season, just like they had done for the actual 7 seasons and over the course of a day, they laid out their fictitious vision for the 8th season. Starting off with Captain Nog dying in the opening scenes of the first episode. It was pretty cool to watch.

I'd also want to see the 5th season of Enterprise. Shran was going to become a regular, and assigned to the Enterprise (similar to how T'Pol was there for the Vulcans). Shran was a great character and would have made for a great season. 

Agreed. Enterprise got very good toward the end. Shame they ended it. Of the new stuff, Discovery is quite good. Picard was disappointing after the luster wore off. I think you will really like the Pike/Spock spin off. 

4 hours ago, opengeo said:

Agreed. Enterprise got very good toward the end. Shame they ended it. Of the new stuff, Discovery is quite good. Picard was disappointing after the luster wore off. I think you will really like the Pike/Spock spin off. 

I liked Enterprise from the get go. I even liked the theme song, and that's one thing that everyone almost universally hated lol. I did hate the finale, though. They decided to do a TNG episode as the finale for Enterprise, so Enterprise never really got a finale. The actors were pretty pissed about that too. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 2:34 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I liked Enterprise from the get go. I even liked the theme song, and that's one thing that everyone almost universally hated lol. I did hate the finale, though. They decided to do a TNG episode as the finale for Enterprise, so Enterprise never really got a finale. The actors were pretty pissed about that too. 

well it looks like our discussion on this the other day got the axe. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

well it looks like our discussion on this the other day got the axe. 

Yeah, a lot got lost, unfortunately. It sucks, but if the upgrade prevents the board from crashing during games, then I guess it's worth losing a few days worth of posts. 

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, a lot got lost, unfortunately. It sucks, but if the upgrade prevents the board from crashing during games, then I guess it's worth losing a few days worth of posts. 

i hear you. 

btw - has anyone watched lower decks ? 

6 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i hear you. 

btw - has anyone watched lower decks ? 

I actually just learned that it exists, maybe 2 weeks ago. I was watching some videos on YouTube about DS9 (the actors who played Jake and Nog were doing a DS9 Vlog), and it was mentioned there.   

12 hours ago, opengeo said:

No interest at all. You?

i watched the first episode last night. its not bad. its a comedy so def a different spin on the franchise. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

decided to watch the whole tv franchise again, in chronological order. just started enterprise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 3:28 PM, Alpha_TATEr said:

decided to watch the whole tv franchise again, in chronological order. just started enterprise. 

so im going on season 3 of enterprise. wondering if there will be any tie ins with discovery and the temporal cold war storyline.  

First 2 EPs of S3 are good even if they are 'set up' EPs for the tone/story of the rest of the season.  I knew how E2 was going to end yet it was still cool to see.  So on the Star Trek timeline it's First Contact followed by Enterprise then Discovery the the original Star Trek.  Curious how this season of Discovery plays out.  

Star Trek Discovery is an awesome show. Season 3 has started. The first episode just kicked ass. No comparison between the quality of Discovery and a show like The Mandalorian. While I enjoy the Mandalorian a lot, Discovery is a Fn cinematic powerhouse. Really an elite show. I didn’t think they could pull off a thousand years time jump but the premiere was just incredible. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 8:43 PM, opengeo said:

Star Trek Discovery is an awesome show. Season 3 has started. The first episode just kicked ass. No comparison between the quality of Discovery and a show like The Mandalorian. While I enjoy the Mandalorian a lot, Discovery is a Fn cinematic powerhouse. Really an elite show. I didn’t think they could pull off a thousand years time jump but the premiere was just incredible. 

@Alpha_TATEr have you watched yet? Such a shame so few people are getting to experience this show. Season 1 was a little whack,  but seasons 2 and 3 so far are fire.

yep, watched ep 2 last night. i thought season one was a bit scattered, but still good. loved season2 and so far season 3 is shaping up to be a great run. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

yep, watched ep 2 last night. i thought season one was a bit scattered, but still good. loved season2 and so far season 3 is shaping up to be a great run. 

Yep, how I see it as well. So good.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

so im going on season 3 of enterprise. wondering if there will be any tie ins with discovery and the temporal cold war storyline.  

already a mention of the temporal accord in discovery. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just finished this 3rd season recently. i liked it. definitely a show all on it's own in the star trek saga.