Jalen Carter

NOTW

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Love how he studies ST tape 

Yes, I love the intelligence.  People talk about the skill and talent of the players they've drafted from championship teams, and players that know how to win.  The mental aspect and preparation is part of that mindset as well.  Guys that know what it takes to win.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yes, I love the intelligence.  People talk about the skill and talent of the players they've drafted from championship teams, and players that know how to win.  The mental aspect and preparation is part of that mindset as well.  Guys that know what it takes to win.  

So glad the dumbarse bears passed on him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's getting better every day. Still wish he would've picked off that spike. Maybe he'll get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Carter continues to make plays every week and should win DROY comfortably. That being said, he hasn’t looked quite as dominant last few weeks. Suspect rookie wall/high snap count is catching up. Hopefully a bit of rest will help, because we need him to wreck some plays, particularly with secondary depleted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Carter continues to make plays every week and should win DROY comfortably. That being said, he hasn’t looked quite as dominant last few weeks. Suspect rookie wall/high snap count is catching up. Hopefully a bit of rest will help, because we need him to wreck some plays, particularly with secondary depleted.

I wonder what he’s hit the rookie wall a little bit? If so then it makes getting the #1 seed even more important just to give these guys a rest.

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wonder what he’s hit the rookie wall a little bit? If so then it makes getting the #1 seed even more important just to give these guys a rest.

Carter hasn’t had a sack in 4 weeks and hasn’t had a full sack in 8.  I think it’s safe to say he’s hit a wall.

Has he hit a wall, or been playing some of the very best teams in the league?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Has he hit a wall, or been playing some of the very best teams in the league?

He's in his rookie year. the NFL year is longer and harder than college. He's young so not fully developed physically, not by a long shot. If it must be called a wall, then yes, the rookie wall. He'll break through.

• Like 3

He is their most disruptive interior defender and they have had a stretch of games against great offensive teams. They have the ability to game plan against him and he is a rookie. Sweat has had 1 sack and 0.5 stuffs in the last 6 games. Davis has had 0.5 sacks and 3 stuffs, Cox has 3.5 and 1 (2.5 and 1 came in the last 2 games so he is providing something), Williams has had 2 stuffs since the Washington game. Other than Reddick they haven't really had anyone getting sacking the QB consistently. 

The whole defense was tired and banged up after the extra snaps vs the Bills, short rest playing against 49ers & Cowboys who both had extra days rest before playing them.

The rookies hit their wall, the veterans hit a wall, the coaches hit a wall. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

The whole defense was tired and banged up after the extra snaps vs the Bills, short rest playing against 49ers & Cowboys who both had extra days rest before playing them.

The rookies hit their wall, the veterans hit a wall, the coaches hit a wall. 

Building too many walls. Our guys keep running into them. I blame MAGA.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Building too many walls. Our guys keep running into them. I blame MAGA.

We're gonna build a giant D line and get Jerry Jones to pay for it!

• Haha 3

Teams really only have to worry about Jalen and Reddick.  Can single block the rest of the guys.  We haven't adjusted yet but maybe we will tonight with Patricia since the Pats blitzed a lot in the 3-4 front and had good success.

Can’t stop the run. Davis hasn’t been a factor since running down Josh Allen. Still missing tackles. 

• Like 1

Aaron Donaldd's rookie year he had 47 tackles, nine sacks, and two forced fumbles,

Jalen Carter currently has 28 tackles, five sacks, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. He also has 3 more games to get more.

DROY?