So we bought a real tree for Christmas

olsilverhair

I put up 5 trees, all pre lit out of the box. Used to do it after Thanksgiving, but now that we have Thanksgiving dinner here I do it early, the week before Thanksgiving week. 

46 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yes. Lick maple syrup off my taint, guy 

Let me top it off with that salty cream he likes to eat

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Let me top it off with that salty cream he likes to eat

When did you 2 get married, what state, probably California 

• Haha 2

Just now, olsilverhair said:

When did you 2 get married, what state, probably California 

Your father sleepy Joe was there. He kept wishing us happy birthday for some reason

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@hputenis What kind of tree did you get? Or do Asians not celebrate 

obviously a very tiny tree to match his wedding tackle. 

I had real trees for years, even as a child.  I remember putting it up on Christmas Eve as a kid.  No one does that now.  Mr Di always got a real tree.  I still have a nail up on the wall with fishing line as they were so big, he would tie them up so they wouldn't fall over.  We have had a few fall over.  When I ripped the carpet out and put flooring down needles were present under the carpet! 

Now, I cannot be bothered. I got this little 6 footer from Big Lots.  It's the 3rd year and the bottom lights are already out. I had to add lights.  Here it was last Wednesday when I got it out and was a work in progress.  Having a 4:25 game Sunday, I spent the day packing up fall and getting out Christmas stuff.  Still sore.  

Also attaching an oldie pic.  

11.22.23.jpg

old pic.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 11:13 AM, DiPros said:

I had real trees for years, even as a child.  I remember putting it up on Christmas Eve as a kid.  No one does that now.  Mr Di always got a real tree.  I still have a nail up on the wall with fishing line as they were so big, he would tie them up so they wouldn't fall over.  We have had a few fall over.  When I ripped the carpet out and put flooring down needles were present under the carpet! 

Now, I cannot be bothered. I got this little 6 footer from Big Lots.  It's the 3rd year and the bottom lights are already out. I had to add lights.  Here it was last Wednesday when I got it out and was a work in progress.  Having a 4:25 game Sunday, I spent the day packing up fall and getting out Christmas stuff.  Still sore.  

Also attaching an oldie pic.  

11.22.23.jpg

looks good, di!

you gonna be home later tonight? i was gonna stop over wearing my mistletoe belt buckle!  oooh!  

• Haha 1

Put up our other artificial tree.  I took me just over 7 minutes to haul it from the basement to all set up and plugging it in

• Like 2

some lights were out on our old one so we bought a new artificial tree the other day. no more figuring out how to plug each section of the tree together with the new ones. when you connect the sections, the power is connected as well. should make things easier. 

of course, the wife had to order a rotating tree stand to complicate things a bit...so we'll see how that goes.  

1 hour ago, paco said:

Put up our other artificial tree.  I took me just over 7 minutes to haul it from the basement to all set up and plugging it in

We now have 5 Christmas trees in our house 🤮 with the 5th one in Hudson's room.  All fake.  All took about 10 minutes to set up.  Real trees are for fogtags!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

We now have 5 Christmas trees in our house

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

We now have 5 Christmas trees in our house 🤮 with the 5th one in Hudson's room.  All fake.  All took about 10 minutes to set up.  Real trees are for fogtags!  

OIG.5SGLz1zyrI0CHUC4qNt9?w=1024&h=1024&r OIG._qyPVHp_WTO03aFrdm22?pid=ImgGn

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

some lights were out on our old one so we bought a new artificial tree the other day. no more figuring out how to plug each section of the tree together with the new ones. when you connect the sections, the power is connected as well. should make things easier. 

of course, the wife had to order a rotating tree stand to complicate things a bit...so we'll see how that goes.  

airplane-plug.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

:roll::roll:

good ole johnny. was going to be the clip where he tangles himself up in phone cords shouting AUNTIE EM AUNTIE EM but too fahgy

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

good ole johnny. was going to be the clip where he tangles himself up in phone cords shouting AUNTIE EM AUNTIE EM but too fahgy

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Arthur Jackson said:

spacer.png

THAT was always my most obscure quote growing up. 

13 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

THAT was always my most obscure quote growing up. 

LHXQsGk.png

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Damn that was good.   

You do have to be clever.  My Mom had ZERO short term memory and after my father died, I stayed with her. She asked me what the temperature was outside every 30 seconds or so. After the 1st week of this, instead of answering her with the correct answer every time- I replied 350 degrees for 45 minutes. She said, did I just ask you that?  I said, yes, about a 1000 times Mom, but it's OK, I love you.  It's OK was my stock answer.