Hurts may not play vs. Seattle per Shefter

Procus

He may not play now since they wont need the game, they will beat the garbage giants and cards, they just are an embarrassment to the league

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

He may not play now since they wont need the game, they will beat the garbage giants and cards, they just are an embarrassment to the league

There's still a chance for the #1 seed, if he can play he should. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

There's still a chance for the #1 seed, if he can play he should. 

Yeah true, slim chance but chance

Sounds like Covid. 

Rest him. Let his knee heal as well.  Nothing matters more than getting Hurts right for the playoffs. Mariota is making $5 million this year to win this specific game in this specific situation.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Sounds like Covid. 

Rest him. Let his knee heal as well.  Nothing matters more than getting Hurts right for the playoffs. Mariota is making $5 million this year to win this specific game in this specific situation.  

And whilst I agree with your point… Mariota is not winning a thing. He’s bad.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And whilst I agree with your point… Mariota is not winning a thing. He’s bad.

He won the Heisman and was the #2 overall pick. Howie signed him for this moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

and was the #2 overall pick

Like that means anything.  Purdy was Mr Irrelevant and is playing a million times better than Mariota ever has.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

Like that means anything.  Purdy was Mr Irrelevant and is playing a million times better than Mariota ever has.

My point is he has a pedigree and the Eagles signed him for a reason.

Whats your plan?

• Like 2

I'm glad I dumped by tickets for this one. No way in hell I'd pay $700 to watch Mariota take an L 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

What?  If the Niners lose in Baltimore and the Eagles win out - guess who gets a first round bye.  They need the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagles_ftw said:

So I guess if Hurts doesn't play, the Eagles should just forfeit.  Or let me guess, you'd rather see the rookie 6th round pick play his first snaps on MNF because he had a good preseason.

• Like 1

I can't believe any of you believe for one minute that Hurts isn't playing. You don't have to "rest" a guy because of "illness." He won't get sicker from playing. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

He gonna get everyone sick when they cross streams with the tush push.

It bees a conundrum.

meh ... the other team won't want to tackle him either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Procus said:

So I guess if Hurts doesn't play, the Eagles should just forfeit.  Or let me guess, you'd rather see the rookie 6th round pick play his first snaps on MNF because he had a good preseason.

Ummm yeah I'd rather see the kid than MM. 

7 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

He won the Heisman and was the #2 overall pick. Howie signed him for this moment.

And he’s not been good throughout his career, was bad last year and looked bad throughout TC and preseason.

29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And he’s not been good throughout his career, was bad last year and looked bad throughout TC and preseason.

34-40 as a starter.  Not good record for starting QB, not so bad for a backup.  But he has something that Tanner McKee doesn't have - experience.  There's a big difference between playing in preseason and playing on MNF in December in an important game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Procus said:

34-40 as a starter.  Not good record for starting QB, not so bad for a backup.  But he has something that Tanner McKee doesn't have - experience.  There's a big difference between playing in preseason and playing on MNF in December in an important game.

Right - Mariota isn’t great, but he’s a proven fringe starter in this league and I’m not sure he’s ever had as much talent around him as he does now.

No way you start McKee at this stage. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, run the ball and rest Hurts

This is what I am thinking, to a point. I would prefer it if Hurts could play, but if he doesn´t and we rediscover the running game - this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Run rampant, get Jalen a little rest, remember that we are more effective as an offense when we lean on the ground game, and carry that knowledge forward 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Procus said:

And I absolutely take that point but I just think he’s bad and he’s not going to win us a game on the road in Seattle.

God, people have become such wussies......Seth Joyner had the flu, a fever and played in the House of Pain game vs. the Oilers.  8 solo tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 forced fumbles and 2 sacks.  

• Like 1