Hurts may not play vs. Seattle per Shefter

Procus

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We need every game. Win out and the East is ours. Win out and the 49ers lose a game and we get the #1 seed. So we need every game (to be a win). 

Eagles are basically in a must win situation. They have lost their opportunity to sit players. This is the worst time for all of the turmoil they’re dealing with to happen. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Eagles are basically in a must win situation. They have lost their opportunity to sit players. This is the worst time for all of the turmoil they’re dealing with to happen. 

We got a tiny bit of room to breathe with Dallass crapping the bed vs. the Bills, in terms of the East. If the 49ers had done the same vs. the Cardinals, I'd truly be doing the dance of joy right now...

perfect-strangers-dance-of-joy.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Hoping for a Jordan like Flu game. Johnson needs to protect Jalen with a lot of runs (with players not named Jalen) and utilizing the short passing game to get the ball out quickly and to get Jalen in rhythm. Frankly he should have been doing that all season. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We got a tiny bit of room to breathe with Dallass crapping the bed vs. the Bills, in terms of the East. If the 49ers had done the same vs. the Cardinals, I'd truly be doing the dance of joy right now...

perfect-strangers-dance-of-joy.gif

Dallas being Dallas is a thing of beauty, but from what I was told regardless of what Dallas did, if the Eagles won out they took the East. Biggest issue now is A) winning, and B) hoping Baltimore gives San Fran another loss. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Dallas being Dallas is a thing of beauty, but from what I was told regardless of what Dallas did, if the Eagles won out they took the East. Biggest issue now is A) winning, and B) hoping Baltimore gives San Fran another loss. 

But Dallass losing gives us a little wiggle room that if we drop one that we shouldn't, we can still end up on top of the East. Had they won yesterday, that wouldn't have been the case. 

Along with B), I want to see Miami give Dallass another loss. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hoping for a Jordan like Flu game. Johnson needs to protect Jalen with a lot of runs (with players not named Jalen) and utilizing the short passing game to get the ball out quickly and to get Jalen in rhythm. Frankly he should have been doing that all season. 

Replace wr3 with rb2 and rb2 could be covey or vansumeren

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I think he's gonna play tonight, but not sure I follow why you don't think nobody has ever missed a practice or a walkthrough for an illness. 

I wasn't talking about practice at all, if that helps. I couldn't care less at this point if a regular starter misses practice due to an illness, injury, or rest. I think the only times a practice missed is a negative was in an instance like last season when Minshew had the funeral eulogy the very week we needed him to start in place of Hurts. I'm not holding that against Minshew or anything, but I think that week, we really needed that particular player to get full reps in practice purely from a football standpoint. But regular starters should be fine without a few practices.

All I was saying is that those people suggesting we "rest Hurts" for this game were being nonsensical, IMO. Illness isn't something that could get prolonged by playing through (like some injuries). Knowing Jalen, he wouldn't miss a big game he was capable of playing in. 

• Like 1