Siri first Eagles coach in history to make the playoffs in each of his three seasons

kiwinavega

We haven't had a talented roster before? If the roster was that talented, how did Doug (who I will always have time and space for) lose his job?

Yes, it's true, my OP was hyperbole and a bit of a fishing expedition. I'm just illustrating the point that Sirianni is no joke, the sky isn't falling in, and that we aren't a ten-win dumpster fire yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

We haven't had a talented roster before? If the roster was that talented, how did Doug (who I will always have time and space for) lose his job?

Yes, it's true, my OP was hyperbole and a bit of a fishing expedition. I'm just illustrating the point that Sirianni is no joke, the sky isn't falling in, and that we aren't a ten-win dumpster fire yet.

there is still time but same ol same ol isn't working. thats why he needs to do something drastic to spark this team like bench hurts for a couple of games or get a new oc.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Doug was a very good coach. It’s said that Doug walked because he didn’t want things forced on him, like other coaches and analytics amongst other things. He didn’t want a lot of chefs in the kitchen so he went somewhere where he could do his thing. According to Sils and Seth…there is a lot of meddling in why this team plays the way it plays and looks the way it looks. I remember he mentioned the GB game that was won by running the ball, and it was implied a lot of front office folks didn’t want to "win that way”

It’s been all over the media how The Eagles just line up and think they’re just gonna beat you with talent, on offense. No scheming people open or any of that. I can’t help but think, that is just a regular season offense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

Nick is a joke and a walking meme, which he brought it on himself with wearing players t-shirts, crying like a **** before the SB and struggling to form cohesive, articulate sentences without rambling on for an eternity. 

You're in denial if you think this team isn't dumpster fire, coaching has flat out failed this team and this season will go down as one of the biggest organizational fails when we bounced in the 1st round due to Siri's incompetence. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Nick is a joke and a walking meme, which he brought it on himself with wearing players t-shirts, crying like a **** before the SB and struggling to form cohesive, articulate sentences without rambling on for an eternity. 

You're in denial if you think this team isn't dumpster fire, coaching has flat out failed this team and this season will go down as one of the biggest organizational fails when we bounced in the 1st round due to Siri's incompetence. 

But what do you really think?

4 hours ago, Birdman said:

I think the team is solid I just think coaching is ass

• Thanks 2

On 12/19/2023 at 5:32 PM, Birdman said:

What do you really think? lol.

Nice, but I'd rather he be the first coach in Eagles history to take us to multiple Super Bowls (and win multiple).

• Like 4

He still might be that guy. No team ever won the SB without making the playoffs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

With this roster and 3 Wildcard spots there's no excuse for not making the playoffs.

aren't we already in the playoffs, even if we lose out? 

18 minutes ago, JohnB said:

aren't we already in the playoffs, even if we lose out? 

I think he’s just saying it’s easier to make the playoffs nowadays so it’s less impressive than in previous coaching regimes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fire da bum! Seriously congratulations to him, but I really need him to get ahold of this team, and get them back to focus. 

• Like 1

I will say one thing: when you lose multiple coaches over the course of 2 years, not to mention key players, it's hard to maintain a culture. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JohnB said:

I will say one thing: when you lose multiple coaches over the course of 2 years, not to mention key players, it's hard to maintain a culture. 

agreed..but i think they tried to keep the offense the same for Jaylen and this is the problem. if they brought in an experienced DC and OC and let nick focus on situational football they would have been in better shape. i think what happened was that as the defense started to go bad, nick started to focus on the defensive game planning more and more. While that was happening the offense started to flounder. So now Nick has to focus on offense and defense. Hence why the move to MP to free Nick up to focus on offense. Also why you are seeing the situational football aspect of this team suffer because Nick is not doing that anymore since he has to focus on the offense. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soumak said:

agreed..but i think they tried to keep the offense the same for Jaylen and this is the problem. if they brought in an experienced DC and OC and let nick focus on situational football they would have been in better shape. i think what happened was that as the defense started to go bad, nick started to focus on the defensive game planning more and more. While that was happening the offense started to flounder. So now Nick has to focus on offense and defense. Hence why the move to MP to free Nick up to focus on offense. Also why you are seeing the situational football aspect of this team suffer because Nick is not doing that anymore since he has to focus on the offense. 

didnt this happen when chip was here we won a few games and still lost his job? like lurie doesnt care about records, he cares about locker room, if the locker room is divided on the coach despite the record, he's gone. one of the biggest reasons why andy was here for so long that he always had respect from his players because he listens and adjusts to his players and not doing things his way which nick and chip were doing, unfortunately we dont have that type of coach yet. it's difficult to find the next andy reid.

only reason why we are here, it's because our talent bailing us out, despite the bad coaching.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:02 PM, toughfighter83 said:

didnt this happen when chip was here we won a few games and still lost his job? like lurie doesnt care about records, he cares about locker room, if the locker room is divided on the coach despite the record, he's gone. one of the biggest reasons why andy was here for so long that he always had respect from his players because he listens and adjusts to his players and not doing things his way which nick and chip were doing, unfortunately we dont have that type of coach yet. it's difficult to find the next andy reid.

only reason why we are here, it's because our talent bailing us out, despite the bad coaching.

There were so many levels of mistakes when it came to Chip Kelly. Chip alienated himself from the administrative people as well. The nail in the Chip coffin was when he blew off  Lurie’s Christmas Party just cause he didn’t want to go. It’s hard to say Chip had a bad locker room culture, because he would get rid of anyone he deemed any kind of malcontent in the locker room. Chip got fired because he tore apart the talent on the team, took over the player personnel from Howie, and his moves went nowhere. The league caught up to his offense and he had no answer on how to fix it, because he eliminated or completely misused all of his talent. Chip had a losing record with every quarterback while he was in the NFL (even in Sanfran) not named Nick Foles and he sent him out of town for Sammy Sleeves. Chip was not a good NFL coach and the writing was on the wall by the end of season two that he was in trouble.