Siri first Eagles coach in history to make the playoffs in each of his three seasons

kiwinavega

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Siri lost his offensive and defensive coordinators. ANY team would have trouble adjusting to that. We'll see what becomes of him. 

whoa whoa whoa, changing up now? You sure weren't opposed to Gannon leaving before....but now that's the reason the D is bad 🤣

25 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

whoa whoa whoa, changing up now? You sure weren't opposed to Gannon leaving before....but now that's the reason the D is bad 🤣

You are a weirdo- going back to look up my stuff is like stalking- you cyber stalking beeeauuutchhhh! 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I’m copying in various voices of reason.

1) Siri is not getting fired. I know things have been really bad in the past 5 weeks, but he took a 4 win team to the playoffs in each of his first 3 years, including one Super Bowl that we were really close to winning.

2) This season isn’t done yet. In all likelihood we will exit early from the playoffs, but loads of people said we were done in 2017 as well when Wentz got hurt.

3) The offense does not suck as some are making out. They are 8th in yards and 7th in points and get no favours from the D. Not good enough with the talent - but they don’t suck. 

4) The Super Bowl hangover is real. Everyone dismissed it before the season, but most teams struggle, particularly after a Super Bowl loss. Couple that with a brutal schedule. The Chiefs are also struggling. 

5) It’s really hard to lose both coordinators. The Chiefs just lost their OC and their offense has nose dived far more than ours. 

I’m not blind. There are clearly issues and I agree that we probably need new coordinators. Siri definitely deserves part of the blame. But so do Roseman and the players. 

But regardless of what happens this year he has earned the right to try and turn it around.

You are telling my the offense doesn't suck? They gain yards, but stupid play calling all over the place. Stupid play calling means you have a stupid OC.

6 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You are telling my the offense doesn't suck? They gain yards, but stupid play calling all over the place. Stupid play calling means you have a stupid OC.

I'm so done with 40 yard bombs on 3rd and 4.  My lord. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

I'm so done with 40 yard bombs on 3rd and 4.  My lord. 

I am somewhat in agreement. But you do occasionally still have to test teams in those situations because it could lead to a huge play. The safe bet for the Eagles on 3 and less than 5 is to get something that gets them almost a guaranteed 2-4 yards and then brotherly shove it on 4th down anywhere on the field. And teams know that and wouldn't be playing a 40 yard bomb defensively as often, so it could catch them off guard.

The problem is we too often see plays from the Eagles that go against the grain in what they do best. I think they are too cute offensively and trying too hard to outsmart the offensive coordinator on the other side of the field. They have the personnel and bodies to play smash mouth and convert short yardage easily. Use that to your advantage. And don't try to get cute every time you get into that situation, because it backfires far too often.

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I’m not defending the OC. He should go. The offense is still pretty good but despite him rather than because of him. And it’s not as good as it should be. 

Reich makes sense to replace him. Didn’t work as a head coach, but good OC. 

• Thanks 1