Eagles laying 12 vs Giants

Hawkeye

Despite our frustration over the past three weeks, the Birds are big double-digit favorites at home against the Giants on Christmas Day. The moneyline is even bigger, with the Eagles -700.  Do what you will with that.

Line: Eagles -12
Total: 42
Moneyline: Eagles -700/Giants +500

Reminder: this thread uses the MGM lines because I think the legacy books are more stable. There's a lot of variance out there right now, ranging from Eagles -10.5 to -12 depending on the book.  If you want to shop for a line, now's the time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rrfierce said:

Seasons over in 4 games doesn’t really matter what happens in the next 3 

That is true, we're in, we have 3 games to straighten things out and right the ship for a run in the post season. Looking like total underdogs now.. We like that spot. woof woof   

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Seasons over in 4 games doesn’t really matter what happens in the next 3 

Unfortunately this is the truth. Man, what a bummer after a 10-1 start. 

• Like 2

The Raiders and Saints both managed to beat them by more than 12 points, and regardless of what the current Tatergeddon and resurrected 'Jalen stinks' group think we are still better than the Raiders and Saints.

If they can't beat the 2024 New York Giants they're probably better tanking the last 3 for a higher draft pick anyway.

I think the Eagles cover that.

I´m beginning to think we should rename this team the Philadelphia Eeyores, anyone would think we are 2-12 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Despite our frustration over the past three weeks, the Birds are big double-digit favorites at home against the Giants on Christmas Day.

That's because Boston Scott is healthy.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's because Boston Scott is healthy.

More of a Giant killer than Jack was up his beanstalk

51 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

More of a Giant killer than Jack was up his beanstalk

Jack? Don't you mean Gilligan?

Gilligan.jpg

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Jack? Don't you mean Gilligan?

Gilligan.jpg

Maybe, I don't know. I live in Spain, so that cultural reference is beyond me. Which reminds me - do you have culture in the US? Or is it just sports, Hollywood, and Wendy's?

1 minute ago, kiwinavega said:

Maybe, I don't know. I live in Spain, so that cultural reference is beyond me. Which reminds me - do you have culture in the US? Or is it just sports, Hollywood, and Wendy's?

lol Gilligan's Island was a sitcom in the early to mid 1960's. Lasted from 1964 to 1967, which was before my time but the re-runs ran every day (multiple times), after school. So I grew up in the 70's watching it (along with Star Trek the original series and a bunch of other 60's shows). 

The reference that I made is one of the episodes where Gilligan dreams that he's "Jack" and the Skipper is the "Giant".

The age old question of "Ginger or Mary Ann" (which you've probably never heard of either), comes from that show. For me, I'm all about Mary Ann! But I wouldn't turn Ginger down either...

• Haha 1

I appreciate the effort! I'm still none the wiser about any of it, but feel that it maters not a bit. I will go and check these things