Eagles laying 12 vs Giants

Hawkeye

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel like they’re going to win, but I don’t see how they win by almost two touchdowns. That’s absolutely a Giants line. 

If we play up to our abilities and not down to our opponents, we can definitely win by 2 TDs. But that little word 'if' isn't such a little word. Especially in a divisional game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If we play up to our abilities and not down to our opponents, we can definitely win by 2 TDs. But that little word 'if' isn't such a little word. Especially in a divisional game. 

Feels like the Eagles haven’t been able to separate themselves from any opponents this season. It’s hard to just call it playing down to an opponent when it’s basically how they play. Also for well over a month they have been ridiculously poor in the 2nd quarter. I’d like for this to be the game that bucks that trend.

• Like 1

I'm taking the Eagles an I am taking them to cover. Anyone wants a signature bet, hit me up

Week Sixteen / Game Fifteen Prediction results ... and a sigh of relief ... and the Eagles did not cover the spread

There was one clear winner of the chicken dinner this week out of the 84 predictions that were submitted ... @paco with a predicted score of Eagles 31 Giants 26 ... just three points off the actual score.  For the second week in a row @mayanh8 was in the top two closest.  His 33-19 prediction had the Eagles score dead on and was only six points off the total score.  He shared second place with @Aerolithe_Lion who predicted 36-22.  One total point behind them was @E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles with a 35-20 prediction.  Congratulations to all you poulkry eaters!

Honorable mention goes to @seengreen whose "I'm not predicting s#1+! " was the most fdragrant prediction.

For the first fifteen games the chicken dinner has gone to:
@Alphagrand in Week One where the 66 recorded predictions were 65 for an Eagles win and 1 for a Patriots win
@Iggles25 and @bbabraham in Week Two where the 71 recorded predictions were 56 for an Eagles win and 15 for a Vikings win
@Cliftoma in Week Three where the 77 recorded predictions were 73 for an Eagles win and 4 for a Buccaneers win
@Casey @ Bat in Week Four where the 75 recorded predictions were 72 for an Eagles win and 3 for a Commanders win
@Mike030270 and @Texas Eagle in Week Five where the 78 recorded predictions were 63 for an Eagles win and 15 for a Rams win
@GoEagles5921 in Week Six where the 82 recorded predictions were 79 for an Eagles win and 3 for a Jets win
@jwill2420 and @mattwill in Week Seven where the 76 recorded predictions were 46 for an Eagles win and 30 for a Dolphins win
@Mortimer in Week Eight where the 70 recorded predictions were 66 for an Eagles win and 4 for a Commanders win
@Uscg-green in Week Nine where the 77 recorded predictions were 64 for an Eagles win and 13 for a Cowboys win
@Captain F in Week Eleven where the 86 recorded predictions were 53 for an Eagles win and 31 for a Chiefs win, and 2 were for a tie
@paco and @Mortimer in Week Twelve where the 88 recorded predictions were 74 for an Eagles win and 14 for a Bills win
@dawkins4prez in Week Thirteen where the 100 recorded predictions were 70 for an Eagles win and 29 for a Niners win and 1 with no score
@ManchesterEagle and @Giggity_goo in Week Fourteen where the 96 recorded predictions were 54 for an Eagles win and 42 for a Cowboys win
@mayanh8 in Week Fifteen where where the 81 recorded predictions were 60 for an Eagles win and 20 for a Seahawks win and 1 for a tie, and
@paco in Week Sixteen where the 84 recorded predictions were a delicious 69 for an Eagles win and 15 for a Giants win

The Bonus pick results this week had the following winners:

@Iggles_Phan with "Christmas will come no matter what."
@jamiller
who got a by the skin of his teeth win with "Keely with an INT"
@Outlaw
who also got a teeth skinner with "Ringo with an INT"
@Utebird
who also has shinny teeth, with "Ringo gets his 1st INT"
@eagle45 with "Eagles play just well enough that the game never feels close and just sloppy enough that we don’t feel any better about them getting it together."

@LeanMeanGM with "Boston Scott has no TD’s and no rushes or receptions over 10 yards"
@pisceschica gets full credit for "Hurts with a pick 6"
@Diehardfan with "Hurts throws another pick"
although Goedert and/or Brian Johnson deserve the credit for that boner.
@Godfather with "QB1 keeps adding to his INTs and fumbles" with the same caveat as @Diehardfan got 
@Swoop with "Hurts with a fumble" but fortunately Hurts didn't lose that fumble this time.
@Eldereagle1 with "Jake Elliott to the rescue as the Eagles allow at least one turnover and let the Giants hang around until the end in a sloppy contest characterized by the Giants playing loose against a team that is not having fun right now."
@opa-opa with
"Another ugly win"
@Alphagrand with "Leonard leads defense in tackles"
@EricAllenPick6 with
"Eagles lose the turnover battle again."

An Honorable mention goes to

@bpac55 with "Saquon goes for 150  One of Ringo/Ricks/Brown causes a turnover." Saquan didn't actually go for 150, but it sure felt like he did.

There were a few Bonus picks that fell into the "I'm not sure" category.  They were as follows.  If anyone can provide clarity on the true outcome of these I'm sure everyone will be glad to get that input.

@eglz1 with "Eagles pull their heads out"
@paco with
"Did you know Eagles fans threw snowballs at Santa?  I think they are going to mention that obscure fact"
@Iggles25 with "The nightmare continues"

And a special Negadelphian shout out goes to

@Talkingbirds for "Unless Cowboys lose.  Then Eagles blow lead in last minute of game by Giants Hail Mary pass."
@Mortimer with "Eagles go for two point conversion to win it, but Hurts trips and is sacked."

The 84 submitted predictions in high to low score order were as follows:
920216305_Screenshot2023-12-26at7_40_16AM.png.a6d09dd70bc1d0eecf6443026cf338ba.png
1521030107_Screenshot2023-12-26at7_40_31AM.png.00ad8d68d765d84ac67696c5c8dbe125.png
1975430756_Screenshot2023-12-26at7_40_44AM.png.af5965e913cabac89733944c112414dc.png
1393461165_Screenshot2023-12-26at7_41_01AM.png.30d3ca2d5f866528d47277e2bc5d2e6d.png
345195729_Screenshot2023-12-26at7_41_16AM.png.f0e3f56abc5fce97d003bf01b4c26bc8.png

• Like 2