Jason Peters discussion: will start at LT

time2rock

Not much of a surprise, esp after the Brooks injury. Had a feeling it would happen even without his injury and they were just waiting for his market price to plummet. 

News indicating he is a "guard" Wonder if hes making a move inside. he mentioned he would a few months ago.

• Like 1

If you look at the Eagles twitter they are saying hes a guard as well. Looks like he is Brooks replacement perhaps

• Like 1

Nice bringing him back as a guard is super smart.   I think he will do well at Right Guard. 

• Like 2

I really wanted him to make the switch to guard, and everyone was like: He will never accept that.

Now he is playing guard, and for 3M + 3M incentives? That is wonderful news to me!!! :Eagle_smiley:

• Like 3

Cheap insurance, hope Pryor gets a shot to compete for the starting position. JP can't play every snap any more, I'd rather go with a younger guy who'll be there every snap then the in and out of an aging vet. It's disruptive to the overall line play IMO.

• Like 2

He’s washed up, and can’t stay healthy. I love JP, but this was not a good move. 

And if this is the "big move” that was supposed to be coming... bleh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Cheap insurance, hope Pryor gets a shot to compete for the starting position. JP can't play every snap any more, I'd rather go with a younger guy who'll be there every snap then the in and out of an aging vet. It's disruptive to the overall line play IMO.

Nah, that's not true. His age was showing at LT, granted, but I feel pretty good with him at guard.

Relying on him will be a big mistake. He's old and broken down. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So this was the big news? Wow don't we feel cheated.

Went from thinking it was Clowney, Griffin, or anyone.........to Peters....that sucks. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Infam said:

Nah, that's not true. His age was showing at LT, granted, but I feel pretty good with him at guard.

What's not true? You think he's gonna play every snap??

17 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Relying on him will be a big mistake. He's old and broken down. 

Went from thinking it was Clowney, Griffin, or anyone.........to Peters....that sucks. 

Yeah I mean what a let down that is!

I always thought peters had the body type of a guard anyway, at 6'4" 320+

His loss of athleticism wont be as big a detriment at RG as was at LT.

Plus lining up next to Lane and Kelce should be good for him.

If he can stay healthy its a plus and if Dillard goes down or sucks can always plug peters in at LT again where hell be at least solid.

• Like 1

well i don't see guard as a great use of him , the eagles guards pull alot on runs and i don't see him getting out in front of miles to block. run plays will take to long to develop and get blown up in the back field.

Kelce Peters Johnson

Good luck getting any pass rush on that side of the ball. 

• Like 2

They would be smart to move Peters to LG and Isaac to RG. This will help Dillard as well having Peters next to him to guide him. Plus spread the knowledge out along that line. 

I have this image in my head of Peters going and helping Clowney up after that helmet to helmet hit with Wentz.

Yeah. Still not happy with you, JP.  So much for our "big july news".