Jason Peters discussion: will start at LT

time2rock

I'm an old sentimental when it comes to Eagles greats, so I'm glad to see him back at any position. I didn't want to see him in another team's helmet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The report indicated he was signed to replace Brooks at RG.  

U updated it after I posted that msg, lol. Ur first post didnt say that. Just that "We knew it was coming"

March: JP & Big V gone; they must have faith in Dillard

May: click bait rumor of trading Dillard; they must not have faith in Dillard

Post-draft: they might bring back JP,' they must not have faith in Dillard

June: Brooks hurt, out for season, Pryor will step up; they must have faith in Pryor.

July: JP signed to play Guard, they must not have faith in Pryor but have faith in Dillard.

Coming soon and forever until JP gets hurt again or retires:  he might take over at LT; they must have no faith in Dillard

:wacko:

• Haha 1

I guess this was Baldinger's big news that he thought was coming.  Not really big news.  A decent move, but hardly surprising.

This spin is also perfect cover for Dilliard if the FO is concerned he may bust.  Adding Peters gives us a plan B at LT without announcing it to the league and having to repair the ego of this soft as Charmin Pac-12 snowflake.

3 hours ago, phil77 said:

Nice bringing him back as a guard is super smart.   I think he will do well at Right Guard. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic

6 minutes ago, weko said:

This spin is also perfect cover for Dilliard if the FO is concerned he may bust.  Adding Peters gives us a plan B at LT without announcing it to the league and having to repair the ego of this soft as Charmin Pac-12 snowflake.

Why does everyone think Dillard is a possible bust cause he didnt play well at RT? He played LT for 2 games last year with Peters out and did well. No one called him a bust then. All of a sudden he can;t play the opt side and hes a bust. 

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Kelce Peters Johnson

Good luck getting any pass rush on that side of the ball. 

Unfortunately it was better before.  I don't think Brooks has given up a sack since 2017.  

1 hour ago, weko said:

:roll:

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The big news in July I take it. 

Better not be. Hardly would consider that being a considerable upgrade.

5 hours ago, phil77 said:

Nice bringing him back as a guard is super smart.   I think he will do well at Right Guard. 

Yep. Can you say "run it down their throats"?

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

U updated it after I posted that msg, lol. Ur first post didnt say that. Just that "We knew it was coming"

Yeah I thought I initially added the link but apparently it didn't post so I edited to add it.  

Love the news, JP is one of my all-time favourite Eagles. This is also helps us in a multitude of ways:

- Him at RG can be a legit replacement, other HOF tackles have done the same at the end of their career.

- In case Dillard flames out we have a legit plan B.

- He is basically another coach on the field, great big brother type.

- He gets to end his career as he should, in Eagle Green.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The big news in July I take it. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So this was the big news? Wow don't we feel cheated.

2 hours ago, Walkdawalk said:

I guess he meant BIG news rather than actual big news 

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Better not be. Hardly would consider that being a considerable upgrade.

To some, this would be considered "big news" because JP coming back has been a rumor all offseason, and with Brooks' injury people have wondered who replaces him.

But reporters are also going to try to get attention reporting something so people have to follow their Twitters, click their websites for ad money, etc.  It happened all offseason.  There were times reporters said something is coming this week and it was a let down to fans.

Rumors were they were signing Clowney, trading for Yannick, trading Dillard, last season they were signing Antonio Brown...there are always rumors and reporters trying to get clicks.

So don't be let down by the team who didn't promise anything, just because a reporter says they think something is happening or are just speculating.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

To some, this would be considered "big news" because JP coming back has been a rumor all offseason, and with Brooks' injury people have wondered who replaces him.

But reporters are also going to try to get attention reporting something so people have to follow their Twitters, click their websites for ad money, etc.  It happened all offseason.  There were times reporters said something is coming this week and it was a let down to fans.

Rumors were they were signing Clowney, trading for Yannick, trading Dillard, last season they were signing Antonio Brown...there are always rumors and reporters trying to get clicks.

So don't be let down by the team who didn't promise anything, just because a reporter says they think something is happening or are just speculating.

Oh I don’t begrudge the team at all. 

• Like 1

I predicted this and what a great move.  In a relatively short time this will be the best Oline the Birds will ever have.

Run right.

8 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

LT by week 3. 

I hope you're wrong but I wouldn't be surprised. 

9 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Why does everyone think Dillard is a possible bust cause he didnt play well at RT? He played LT for 2 games last year with Peters out and did well. No one called him a bust then. All of a sudden he can;t play the opt side and hes a bust. 

We aren't inside the building but there is undoubtedly concern with Dillard.  PFF had him as the lowest rated OT in the entire NFL last season.  Surely the pathetic play at RT sealed this grade but the comments I remember reading there also indicated his grade at LT was sub par.  He's gotten stronger this off season, so that's a big plus. Not just the strength but also accepting he had to get stronger, then committing to do it.  Unlike our other snowflake Pac 12 high pick Sidney Jones who a year ago refused the coaching staff's request to add on muscle in the off season.  We have to hope that Dillard can adjust to the NFL games not just physically but also mentally.  Not often you hear whispers of a #1 pick being shopped after his rookie season.  We don't know the extent of that, but it's safe to say they are concerned about his progress to this point.  Hopefully he's gotten his head straight this off season.  Sounds like his body is more prepared, so we can be hopeful at this point.

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

I’m not surprised at the least Peters is back, but I still believe this team could use some more pass rush help that they’re sorely needing. Regardless of what the media might say this team needs more help than trying to convert Jason Peters into a guard. On a side note if they’re going to go out and get Peters rather than just let the you kid play guard then why not make a move that will help this defense? I mean brining in an old guy like Peters is all but saying you’re still trying to make a run. 

20 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic

Because used the words "Super Smart"?

it would be nice to have peters at lg next to dillard so they could sort of work together....but i get not wanting to move seumalo to the right side when he's still developing at lg.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not surprised at the least Peters is back, but I still believe this team could use some more pass rush help that they’re sorely needing. Regardless of what the media might say this team needs more help than trying to convert Jason Peters into a guard. On a side note if they’re going to go out and get Peters rather than just let the you kid play guard then why not make a move that will help this defense? I mean brining in an old guy like Peters is all but saying you’re still trying to make a run. 

I think they just really like JP and wanted him back somehow and this gave them a reason.  I think it was tough for them to let him go in free agency. You don't often see a team let someone go but basically stay in touch and keep talking.  Sometimes they let the person "test the waters" then sign them shortly after.  COVID has certainly affected things this year but still, this was an odd one.  I think it comes down to they love JP, he has a lot of influence and they like the idea of him being around to continue to mentor everyone.  Even Kelce said he learns something ongoing from Peters, he's great to have around to learn from.  I think there's some emotion that comes into play there.  I don't know if it will work, and JP has some injury history and without a normal offseason it will be interesting to see how his health goes.  

I don't mind looking at it like bringing in some depth and an extra body but not necessarily slotting him in as starter at RG immediately.  But things can change.  If he struggles at all or Pryor just looks better you never know.  You do get versatility of course if they need to move him to Tackle.  Pryor is versatile, Seumalo played some center, the OT Driscoll they drafted can play other positions so under Stoutland he can make it work so we'll see.