Accepting the reality

Vileborg

Today's loss breaks about every argument for this team. It's time to accept the new reality. We just saw the Eagles for the last time at home this year. We are now in the also played category of the playoffs. I think our best chance is to rest the starters next week. We used to have a third string quarterback. Let's get him some game time. Start game planning the Saints/Bucs and start putting together answers for the 49'ers in Santa Clara. I'd put a small team together to focus on the Giants game with backups. Make Stoutland O. Coord for the week. Let him call the game as he see's fit. I know I'd root for him but let the main team and the starters focus on resting and getting ready for the first round.

The chances of the cowgirls losing to the commies and of us beating a revitalized Giants team in the Meadowlands behind Tyrod Taylor with this defense in this much disarray is not good. Focus on the future and maximize the opportunity as bleak as it may seem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The sooner the inevitable and entire collapse happens the better. The sooner this fraudulent coaching staff is exposed, the better. Jeffrey Lurie should be preparing his HC interview questions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

What I hope is whatever the Eagles are going to do they do it quickly. They always wait too long to make a move and they end up with the worst possible option. For once take the initiative and do things quickly. Fire whoever you need to and get the best possible options in the building quickly.

• Like 2

We should absolutely rest our starters next week.  That way they’ll be good and fresh when they get their asses kicked WC weekend!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm seriously thinking that Sirianni's job may be in jeopardy if they lose to the giants and the get embarrassed in the first round.

A collapse like this is something that's a indication of massive problems.

Bring all new coordinators in and a new coach. And Hurts??????he is not the answer. He’s been exposed. Panics and runs or just throws that stupid screen pass. He had his year and now the league knows him

• Confused 1

I don't get it. We already cut Barnett and benched Watkins. How did this not make our team better?

• Haha 4

😂🤣😂 The offense actually scores more points without Watkins out there. 😂🤣😂 Yeah cutting Barnett and is 7 snaps a game is what ails this defense. 🤮

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

I'm seriously thinking that Sirianni's job may be in jeopardy if they lose to the giants and the get embarrassed in the first round.

Good. It needs to happen. 

9 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The sooner the inevitable and entire collapse happens the better. The sooner this fraudulent coaching staff is exposed, the better. Jeffrey Lurie should be preparing his HC interview questions.

Glad we’re not overreacting around here 

9 hours ago, Vileborg said:

The chances of the cowgirls losing to the commies and of us beating a revitalized Giants team in the Meadowlands behind Tyrod Taylor with this defense in this much disarray is not good. Focus on the future and maximize the opportunity as bleak as it may seem.

I faced reality after the first Commanders game so maybe you shouldn't give up hope, they played the 9ers tough so Dallas beating them isn't a lock.

This team isn’t beating the Giants next week. This team isn’t winning a play off game. This team has quit on the coach and quit on each other. Yesterday was the final straw for this team. They quit on each other and they quit on the fans.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Gee, I'm sure looking forward to getting a trash HC candidate because of no one wanting to come here after we for some reason toss the coach. Next Ben McAdoo here we come.

14 hours ago, nicks said:

Bring all new coordinators in and a new coach. And Hurts??????he is not the answer. He’s been exposed. Panics and runs or just throws that stupid screen pass. He had his year and now the league knows him

If Sirianni is capable of swallowing his pride (in admitting he made a huge mistake in both, promoting Johnson to OC and in hiring Desai as DC) he should strongly consider replacing them both this upcoming offseason with seasoned coaches with strong resumes and plenty of experience in running those respective units if he wants to keep his job beyond another year or 2.  I don't know if his job will be in jeopardy as soon as this this month (assuming they get bounced in the WC game - they've shown nothing to make you think that isn't the likely outcome ... SOS every week with no signs of figuring out how to fix it).  It is completely obvious he has absolutely no clue what is the best approach on either side of the ball and was hired merely for his "emotional intelligence" - he absolutely needs strong coaching around him and needs to focus solely on being the head coach and let those veteran coaches have complete autonomy in running their units (guessing like Steichen did with the offense after play calling duties were transitioned to him).  If he refuses to admit he got those hires wrong and continues to roll with them gut says we are an 8 win team (at best) in 2024 and he continues to lose the team as the veteran leaders (Kelce, Graham, Cox, Johnson, etc) will be calling it a career (guessing after this season - highly doubt they'll have interest in returning for another year to make a run after seeing the wheels completely fall off).    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If Sirianni is capable of swallowing is pride (in admitting he made a huge mistake in both, promoting Johnson to OC and in hiring Desai as DC) he should strongly consider replacing them both this upcoming offseason with seasoned coaches with strong resumes and plenty of experience in running those respective units if he wants to keep his job beyond another year or 2. 

I think he has to fire both. I mean there’s really no way  back with Desai given how that was all handled. But BJ has arguably been worse overall. Now the issue there is how much is on Sirianni? And as a result does he keep BJ and try to fix those issues because he’s the main issue (potentially).

21 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If Sirianni is capable of swallowing is pride (in admitting he made a huge mistake in both, promoting Johnson to OC and in hiring Desai as DC) he should strongly consider replacing them both this upcoming offseason with seasoned coaches with strong resumes and plenty of experience in running those respective units if he wants to keep his job beyond another year or 2.  I don't know if his job will be in jeopardy as soon as this this month (assuming they get bounced in the WC game - they've shown nothing to make you think that isn't the likely outcome ... SOS every week with no signs of figuring out how to fix it).  It is completely obvious he has absolutely no clue what is the best approach on either side of the ball and was hired merely for his "emotional intelligence" - he absolutely needs strong coaching around him and needs to focus solely on being the head coach and let those veteran coaches have complete autonomy in running their units (guessing like Steichen did with the offense after play calling duties were transitioned to him).  If he refuses to admit he got those hires wrong and continues to roll with them gut says we are an 8 win team (at best) in 2024 and he continues to lose the team as the veteran leaders (Kelce, Graham, Cox, Johnson, etc) will be calling it a career (guessing after this season - highly doubt they'll have interest in returning for another year to make a run after seeing the wheels completely fall off).    

You mean like Matt Patricia?

The idea was to replace Gannon with Fangio, a guy with a a strong resume and plenty of experience, but they couldn't get him to decommit to the Dolphins. There was an entire article on the domino effect of Gannon leaving when he did. They couldn't get their preferred replacement due to the timing. My guess is Desai was a Fangio recommendation due to being an assistant under him and being able to run the system that they wanted. They hired Patricia as a senior guy to bring in and help Desai out or possibly replace him if he flopped (like they did). 

The offensive side has been frustrating to watch, but people are also using revisionist history and forgetting how frustrating they were at times last year as well. The difference is they had a D capable of getting stops and turnovers. Last year they would start slow, they would blow teams out in the 2nd quarter, come back out at HT and hit a lull in the third before being able to run out the clock in the last. 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I don't get it. We already cut Barnett and benched Watkins. How did this not make our team better?

Benching Watkins did indeed make them better lol. Thanks Julio.

• Like 1

At this point, the OC is almost sure to be dropped.  They already made a move on DC, he would be gone too.  The interim DC is not the answer, so they need a new DC also.  Re the HC, he may get one more chance to prove himself next season.  But if a strong candidate emerges in the off-season, the front office may just do a whole-sale change.

As of the last game, I opt to play the starters.  If they win it convincingly, it would help in playoff.  They won't play for loss, which would look really bad.  Winning it, will give them confidence booster.  

After we lose the next two games poorly lurie will be asking himself do i fire nick now or a year from now. It has been a great run but time to fire the coaching staff and release trade older vets. Time to rebuild

Reality set in 5-6 weeks ago. Most just didnt want to see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mat said:

You mean like Matt Patricia?

The idea was to replace Gannon with Fangio, a guy with a a strong resume and plenty of experience, but they couldn't get him to decommit to the Dolphins. There was an entire article on the domino effect of Gannon leaving when he did. They couldn't get their preferred replacement due to the timing. My guess is Desai was a Fangio recommendation due to being an assistant under him and being able to run the system that they wanted. They hired Patricia as a senior guy to bring in and help Desai out or possibly replace him if he flopped (like they did). 

The offensive side has been frustrating to watch, but people are also using revisionist history and forgetting how frustrating they were at times last year as well. The difference is they had a D capable of getting stops and turnovers. Last year they would start slow, they would blow teams out in the 2nd quarter, come back out at HT and hit a lull in the third before being able to run out the clock in the last. 

Did the hire of Patricia really excite you?  How much did Patricia really run that defense while in NE ... that was more Belichick (same as Pederson when serving as OC in KC ... how much did he really run the offense ... that was Reid).  And yeah Gannon really screwed our opportunity to retain Fangio when he waited 10 days to disclose that he would be interviewing with AZ.  

The offensive side is much more than just the D having a much harder time getting stops and TOs.  Situational play calling is atrocious this year.  Take the game yesterday as an example ... 4 min left in a tie game and we go QB draw, QB draw, then bubble screen to our 2nd string RB.  :wacko:

• Like 1