Accepting the reality

Vileborg

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See I think they are God awful. I think they aren’t making any plays now whereas before they made a few. But I think before teams were making mistakes or our offense was finding enough to get the W. We’ve played a lot of bad or average teams. I mean the KC win was huge at the time but now it doesn’t quite look as impressive. 

They aren't playing with bums. God awful talent wise is the Rams D or the Cardinals. Other than Donald and Baker, name a player on each of those teams? A lot of it is coaching and they don't have someone like Watt or Garrett that can disrupt a game despite the sheety coaching 

13 minutes ago, Mat said:

They aren't playing with bums. God awful talent wise is the Rams D or the Cardinals. Other than Donald and Baker, name a player on each of those teams? A lot of it is coaching and they don't have someone like Watt or Garrett that can disrupt a game despite the sheety coaching 

I mean look that’s fine that’s your opinion but this defense freaking blows. The pass rush is easily negated and the secondary just is not good at all.

2 hours ago, MF POON said:

The defensive players that were on that SB team are now 5 years older.  Also, the secondary has been pretty bad all season, but the run defense was great the first 9 or so weeks. I don't know if it was injuries to the LBs or fatigue, but they've stunk in all phases since then.  the only game they played that was somewhat good was the Seattle game, and then they blew it at the end. 

I think we've overplayed some young players, and we've been forced to play long term projects for extended periods particularly on the back end, I think Brown can turn into a good safety but he isn't someone you want playing as your starter right now. the d line isn't rotating enough any more and it's showing.

There's also an element of the San Fran smack in the mouth really knocking the stuffing out of a few players, a team that thought it was invincible got their ass handed to them in their own house and their reaction to it has not been what you'd want, rather than pulling together and redoubling their efforts, they've fallen apart and fallen into recrimination and finger pointing. They aren't what they thought they were and for some what they are is actually pretty ugly. That's another reason the front office scapegoating Desai was an Asshat move.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 8:24 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think we've overplayed some young players, and we've been forced to play long term projects for extended periods particularly on the back end, I think Brown can turn into a good safety but he isn't someone you want playing as your starter right now. the d line isn't rotating enough any more and it's showing.

There's also an element of the San Fran smack in the mouth really knocking the stuffing out of a few players, a team that thought it was invincible got their ass handed to them in their own house and their reaction to it has not been what you'd want, rather than pulling together and redoubling their efforts, they've fallen apart and fallen into recrimination and finger pointing. They aren't what they thought they were and for some what they are is actually pretty ugly. That's another reason the front office scapegoating Desai was an Asshat move.

I think they were only down by 8 before Morrows missed tackle pretty much ended the game.

On 1/3/2024 at 11:08 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look that’s fine that’s your opinion but this defense freaking blows. The pass rush is easily negated and the secondary just is not good at all.

And you left out the LB corps?  It's not clear if they are even on the field most plays. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And you left out the LB corps?  It's not clear if they are even on the field most plays. 

I didn’t leave them out… you can’t leave out what doesn’t exist… 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Our defense was always paper thin and just hanging in there by a thread, but the dam broke during the 49ers game, and they still can't plug all the leaks.