Post-mortem for this season and looking at the bright side for next season..

opa-opa

Hey, at least we're going to have a easier schedule next season!

Then we can coast to the Superbowl again like we did last year.

• Haha 2

There is nothing to look forward to. We will have the same crappy coaches, bad draft pick, and Kelce and veterans retiring. Howie and Lurie are clueless.

• Like 5

Need to address the Linebackers, LG, DB's and coaches.

Damn we shouldve picked O'Cyrus Torrence ahead of Nolan Smith, I called the pick on draft day.. Smith looks like a total waste as of now...

• Like 1

Not so sure about this easy schedule talk. They still won eleven games or possible even twelve games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

You scared me, I thought you were going to mention the draft....... can assure you, Howie will F it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I think it’s a big step back next season. Forget about the schedule, every game is going to be a challenge. This team will most likely lose Kelce, Graham and Cox, maybe even Lane retires. Slay and Bradberry should move on. Reddick will be looking to make more money or else. Swift should opt for F/A. There’s gonna be major changes and it’s going to be difficult to cover for all our deficiencies and veteran losses. New coordinators and possibly a new coach. Unfortunately, we’ll have the same GM who thinks he’s a coach, and an owner who allows him to a behave that way. So it’s going to get worse for a bit before it gets any better. 2 to 3 years before we get back on top is my guess

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

I think it’s a big step back next season. Forget about the schedule, every game is going to be a challenge. This team will most likely lose Kelce, Graham and Cox, maybe even Lane retires. Slay and Bradberry should move on. Reddick will be looking to make more money or else. Swift will should opt for F/A. There’s gonna be major changes and it’s going to be difficult to cover for all our deficiencies and veteran losses. New coordinators and possibly a new coach. Unfortunately, we’ll have the same GM who thinks he’s a coach, and an owner who allows him to a behave that way. So it’s going to get worse for a bit before it gets any better. 2 to 3 years before we get back on top is my guess

Team is doomed. So depressing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

I think it’s a big step back next season. Forget about the schedule, every game is going to be a challenge. This team will most likely lose Kelce, Graham and Cox, maybe even Lane retires. Slay and Bradberry should move on. Reddick will be looking to make more money or else. Swift will should opt for F/A. There’s gonna be major changes and it’s going to be difficult to cover for all our deficiencies and veteran losses. New coordinators and possibly a new coach. Unfortunately, we’ll have the same GM who thinks he’s a coach, and an owner who allows him to a behave that way. So it’s going to get worse for a bit before it gets any better. 2 to 3 years before we get back on top is my guess

I think Lane might be done as well, Stoutland could be gone too. 

This is why losing the SuperBowl was such a major failure on so many different levels. 

What stings even more is they let they the guy who cost us the SuperBowl come into our house on NYE and walk us up and down the field all day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I think Lane might be done as well, Stoutland could be gone too. 

This is why losing the SuperBowl was such a major failure on so many different levels. 

What stings even more is they let they the guy who cost us the SuperBowl come into our house on NYE and walk us up and down the field all day. 

W the amount of luck we had last yr injury wise and all the impending free agents i knew going in to the SB that was a stars aligned type of opportunity. Seeing this now makes it suck that much more.

• Like 1

If Sirianni and the eagles front office let this kind of collapse happen and didn't recognize how to fix it, I'm not looking forward to next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Southparkeagles said:

I think it’s a big step back next season. Forget about the schedule, every game is going to be a challenge. This team will most likely lose Kelce, Graham and Cox, maybe even Lane retires. Slay and Bradberry should move on. Reddick will be looking to make more money or else. Swift should opt for F/A. There’s gonna be major changes and it’s going to be difficult to cover for all our deficiencies and veteran losses. New coordinators and possibly a new coach. Unfortunately, we’ll have the same GM who thinks he’s a coach, and an owner who allows him to a behave that way. So it’s going to get worse for a bit before it gets any better. 2 to 3 years before we get back on top is my guess

I feel like the right coaching could fix a lot of the issues provided Howie is smart with the draft selections. They really need to find a legit young talented corner. Howie has failed to do so. Obviously they could use linebacker help. I don’t think they need to go crazy on picking up a RG, but they already have Kelce’s replacement. Bring in a more physical running back. If they’re not going to throw to him anyway just bring in a more physical N/S runner to pound a defense into submission. Get in here some coaches that can figure out how to properly utilize the talent on both sides of the football. The turnaround doesn’t have to be long. They just need to make the right moves. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel like the right coaching could fix a lot of the issues provided Howie is smart with the draft selections. They really need to find a legit young talented corner. Howie has failed to do so. Obviously they could use linebacker help. I don’t think they need to go crazy on picking up a RG, but they already have Kelce’s replacement. Bring in a more physical running back. If they’re not going to throw to him anyway just bring in a more physical N/S runner to pound a defense into submission. Get in here some coaches that can figure out how to properly utilize the talent on both sides of the football. The turnaround doesn’t have to be long. They just need to make the right moves. 

Swift has been ok but you saw today what a big strong N/S runner can do....i kinda remember we have one on our team somewhere....

• Like 1

First move is to fire the entire coaching staff less stoutland and our special teams coach Idiot clueless cheerleading fake coach nick has to go. After today i bet lurie feels the same way and after we lose the next 2 he should get fired with everyone else

26 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Swift has been ok but you saw today what a big strong N/S runner can do....i kinda remember we have one on our team somewhere....

He’s not allowed to play for some reason. Don’t know who he made angry. I mean I get why they don’t play Quez, but no clue why that guy gets no chances. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Damn we shouldve picked O'Cyrus Torrence ahead of Nolan Smith, I called the pick on draft day.. Smith looks like a total waste as of now...

Smith can probably play, he’s just not a 4-3 DE. Too small. He’s a better fit as a 3-4 pass rusher. 

• Like 2

I think next season this team can be a play off contention team but it isn’t going to be an elite team. Sirianni is going to be back which is an issue because his offense is really bad and lacks creativity. They may fire BJ but the new OC is going to be limited with Sirianni still here. The defense is still going to be soft and still lack a lot of talent because there’s only so much they can do in the offseason. Oh and key players are going to retire. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s not allowed to play for some reason. Don’t know who he made angry. I mean I get why they don’t play Quez, but no clue why that guy gets no chances. 

He missed a block that one time.

Sign Larry Fitzgerald, Ashley Lelie, and Urlacher. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think Jurgens will be fine at C as Kelce’s replacement, but we’ll lose his leadership qualities. We’ll need an RT sooner than later, so we need to find one in the draft along with and LB and secondary help. A big RB can be addressed as well, but that something I wouldn’t waste an early pick on. The priority is defense in the draft. Some DE help could be addressed in F/A as our rotation is thin. I’d like to see if the can move Dean to WiLL or SAM in the off season and get Nolan to learn the MIKE position - experimental, but you never know. Still, the priority in the draft should be LB, DB and S. 
It’ll be a a couple years, but we should be back on top if all goes well and Howie defers on some issues, cause he’s good at negotiations/trades, but he’s not a talent evaluator. He needs to leave that to those in the know. As for coordinators/coaching, I’m afraid that those candidates are picked on their willingness to be compliant with the team’s philosophy which is what Lurie and Howie desire. 

If the veteran exodus happens, as it probably will, this will be a 7-9 win team, at best. Replacing so many starters in one off season with equal or better players is going to be difficult. While there's a good chance that Cox, Graham, and Kelce hang up the cleats after this season, if Lane Johnson goes, and overthecap has the numbers right, it'll cripple the cap with all of his prorated bonus money that Howie has kicked the can on. Imagine needing to replace 8 or 9 of your 22 starters and not having any meaningful cap space to do it with. That may be the 2024 Eagles. We'll see.

Eagles will run it back with the old guys...

89-year-old veteran scores touchdown at Kansas football game

On 12/31/2023 at 8:52 PM, Southparkeagles said:

Agree.  We are going to lose a lot of elite players and leaders after this season and the whole complexion of the team will change.  The good news is that we will get younger and have some money to spend.  But the veteran leadership losses will be a lot to overcome.  I expect a two to three year rebuild after this before we contend again (assuming Hurts doesn't regress further).  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 6:06 PM, opa-opa said:

Dude... there are 2 games left lol

• Like 2

On 12/31/2023 at 7:51 PM, Jeep_man said:

I still say that your best defense is a ball controlling offense, that's usually done via the running game, you know, like the Cards did to us.  If you're controlling the ball your opponent's offense is on the sidelines looking.

We have finesse runners, we need strong downhill runners that will keep the chains moving, this will also aid the passing game because the LBs won't be dropping in pass coverage because they'll need to help stop that strong downhill runner.

This is Offensive Football 101.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1