Give up on next Sunday

Arsenal79

The defense is beyond worn down.  Only chance is to give them a week off to recharge before the playoffs.  Play all backups next Sunday and rest up for the wild card game.

Time's yours...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

The defense is beyond worn down.  Only chance is to give them a week off to recharge before the playoffs.  Play all backups next Sunday and rest up for the wild card game.

Time's yours...

They did that in 2021 when Dallas put 50 on them Should def do the same.

2 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

They did that in 2021 when Dallas put 50 on them Should def do the same.

Right because whatever happened in 2021 is obviously going to happen again now.

Just now, Arsenal79 said:

Right because whatever happened in 2021 is obviously going to happen again now.

Yup. Loss at Tampa during WC weekend 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

They were 10-1. They lose next week, they finish 11-7. So, IMO, rest will NOT help them. Only an infusion of Defensive talent, and better Offensive play calling, will help this team. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

They were 10-1. They lose next week, they finish 11-7. So, IMO, rest will NOT help them. Only an infusion of Defensive talent, and better Offensive play calling, will help this team. 

We can do all that before WC weekend, no?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

LMAO.  Sure, why not!!??

I just wonder what Howie and Jeffrey are thinking. I assume they are STEAMING, like us fans are. 

Maggie is so pissed off at this loss that she hid under our living room table!!!

IMG_0947.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Of course.  I'm sure we can get Reich in here...and convince Dawk, Seth Joyner, Jeremiah Trotter, Sheldon Brown, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor to all suit up 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This team is cooked. 

I will not be watching next weekend or the playoffs for that matter. 

Watching this team every Sunday is like going to job you hate. 

I'll reassess after Nick is shown the door. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd honestly concede the division and take the 5 seed due to match ups. Take 2 weeks to change things up on both sides, and give the starters rest. If the analytics is really getting in the way when it comes to gameplanning, I'd do whatever I want if I'm Nick from here on out, and if it cost me my job, so be it.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arsenal79 said:

Time's yours...

Good chance the Cowboys will throttle Washington and if that happens the eagles may pull a lot of the starters out. Frankly the 5 seed is probably better than the 2 which would mean playing Seattle who they never beat. Of course the way they are playing they are going to have a hard time with any opponent. 

56 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

LMAO.  Sure, why not!!??

I just wonder what Howie and Jeffrey are thinking. I assume they are STEAMING, like us fans are. 

Maggie is so pissed off at this loss that she hid under our living room table!!!

IMG_0947.jpeg

Maybe Maggie should coach this team next year

• Haha 1

If Zach Cunningham can play next week i say give the starters another go.....if not just rest them since we have no chance anyway.

Unless Washington beats Dallass, Eagles-Giants is meaningless. Win or lose, we'd be the 5 seed. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LacesOut said:

LMAO.  Sure, why not!!??

IMG_0947.jpeg

I suspect that you scared the hell out of Maggie yelling at the TV so she's hiding from you.

• Haha 1

Im starting to lean strongly in this direction as well.

This team has not felt "right" since the Bills game. That game took so much out of the defense they have not yet recovered and are still catching their breaths.

If we dont give the defense some rest we wont beat the Giants anyway and will definitely be one and done. So its all a moot point.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Unless Washington beats Dallass, Eagles-Giants is meaningless. Win or lose, we'd be the 5 seed. 

and, of course, both games are being played at 4:25 on Sunday.

5 hours ago, NCTANK said:

and, of course, both games are being played at 4:25 on Sunday.

Yeah, the NFL tries to make as many games meaningful as possible. They would never put the Dallas game on at 1 and the Philly game on at 4. 

• Sad 1

The script writing this year has been WWE level crazy...just need it to come out that Goodell is Jerry Jones b'stard child and we would be WWE Attitude Era level.

• Like 1

i’m not giving up on them. i’m gonna back them all the way til the bitter end. all those veterans, some who may be in their final season, have earned my respect. we can deal with the coaches in the off season, but for now, i’m all in.

i am not a crack pot.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 8:41 PM, Arsenal79 said:

Time's yours...

REST? This team needs hard practices. They have rested ever since 10-1. Resting them so they can continue to suck. Hell no.

I agree with resting the starters in a meaningless game. 

• Like 3

It’s a really tricky one. Dallas could lose on the road to Washington. They probably don’t but you have to be ready for that. And this team needs to get things going and a win could give them a little bit of a feel good factor going in to the play offs? But then if you play the starters and they lose again? I mean that’s absolutely season over (and I already think it is). 

Maybe a week off can help this team get right? Rest up and get ready? 

11 hours ago, NCTANK said:

i’m not giving up on them. i’m gonna back them all the way til the bitter end. all those veterans, some who may be in their final season, have earned my respect. we can deal with the coaches in the off season, but for now, i’m all in.

i am not a crack pot.

We absolutely do not rest the starters as the division is still on the line. Yes it’s likely that the Cowboys beat the Commanders easily.

But let’s not forget the Cowboys are 3-5 on the road and have lost to the Cardinals. They are capable of blowing this game.

We do not rest our starters until either game is out of hand. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We absolutely do not rest the starters as the division is still on the line. Yes it’s likely that the Cowboys beat the Commanders easily.

But let’s not forget the Cowboys are 3-5 on the road and have lost to the Cardinals. They are capable of blowing this game.

We do not rest our starters until either game is out of hand. Plain and simple.

And I get that because if Dallas lose and we rest our starters and lose then we will kick ourselves. Thing is this team looks broken and tired and I’m not even sure the starters can beat NY right now.